Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: WAYLAID  (Read 12044 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: WAYLAID
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »

Jane, I've been watching an early Martin Clunes program, DIRTY TRICKS. It's fun and it's good to see Martin Clunes as a young, likeable, not-quite-so-Doc-Martin character.

Thanks I have added to our NetFlix queue.  Reading the blurb there is may be more likable but is this character as much of a good guy as the Doc is?

Speaking of Netflix, have you heard about the change in pricing?? :P

We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $9.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
   Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming) for $7.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

You can easily change or cancel your unlimited streaming plan, unlimited DVD plan, or both, by going to the Plan Change page in Your Account.

We realize you have many choices for home entertainment, and we thank you for your business. As always, if you have questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-357-1516.

–The Netflix Team

So right now, I'm paying the $9.99+tax to get 1 DVD at a time PLUS unlimited streaming.  I don't want to pay almost twice as much for the same service. >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2011, 10:45:11 PM »

Has anyone made pulled pork a day or two before serving it?  I'm thinking about cooking it on Thursday before the heatwave hits and then warming it up in my crock pots before the party.   It would really help keep the temp down in the house on a very hot day.  I'm thinking it should still be ok for two days.
I like the way the sauce settles into the meat, so I usually do it a day before.

And if you make a lot of pulled pork, you can also freeze some portions for later.

I'm going to make about 10 pounds, probably in two separate pots.  I haven't figured that out yet.  I'll probably go buy the meat so I can prep it and start it Thursday AM

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:54 PM »

I just have the streaming on Netflix, but I really dont' watch it in the summer. I'm considering just cancelling for now. I can always re-up later, or I can watch one of the free services

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »

I'm off to bed.  I didn't get enough sleep last night and with the drive to the airport and back, I'm VERY tired.

Good night...whoever. 8)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up