Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:30:32 AM 
Started by bk - Last post by Freddie
My ancestors on my mother's side were practicing Quakers.  They lived in North Carolina.

During the French & Indian war, they of course refused conscription to fight.....so they took a group of them to Pennsylvania and put them to work building a fort and other non-battle related activities.

George Washington commended them on their hard work.....but they were kept away from home for the duration of the war.

Afterwards when the war was over and they were home - some new men took over the church and it was decided that every family had to give 10% of their money and furniture to the church.

They day they came to my GGGG Grandfather's house and took his dining room table and chairs - he packed everything else up and brought his family to what is now Indiana....where he built a new Quaker Church at Sugar Grove and they all lived happily ever after.

Fascinating family history!

on: Today at 07:17:40 AM 
Started by bk - Last post by Jrand73
And that is why we all have free burial plots next to the church at Sugar Grove......

on: Today at 07:17:13 AM 
My ancestors on my mother's side were practicing Quakers.  They lived in North Carolina.

During the French & Indian war, they of course refused conscription to fight.....so they took a group of them to Pennsylvania and put them to work building a fort and other non-battle related activities.

George Washington commended them on their hard work.....but they were kept away from home for the duration of the war.

Afterwards when the war was over and they were home - some new men took over the church and it was decided that every family had to give 10% of their money and furniture to the church.

They day they came to my GGGG Grandfather's house and took his dining room table and chairs - he packed everything else up and brought his family to what is now Indiana....where he built a new Quaker Church at Sugar Grove and they all lived happily ever after.

on: Today at 07:11:31 AM 
Glad to hear from DR RON PULLIAM that the party went well.

on: Today at 07:11:15 AM 
That was a funny clip from SNL......

on: Today at 07:10:55 AM 
Feel better vibes for VIXDAD.

on: Today at 07:10:41 AM 
Feel better vibes for DR JANE.

on: Today at 07:10:29 AM 
Who told you that you could do that?

I have put that in my repertoire of witty sayings.

on: Today at 07:09:49 AM 
DR CHAS SMITH that looks interesting.

on: Today at 06:42:46 AM 
Started by bk - Last post by ChasSmith
The Canadians have landed!

I hadn't even heard an attack was imminent!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10