Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A COCKEYED OPTIMIST  (Read 14371 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A COCKEYED OPTIMIST
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »

Back from a sandwich and fries.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »

Suzi Quatro:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzi_Quatro

Thanks. And thank you, DR Jane. That's more info than I ever needed to know about her.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2010, 03:59:03 PM »

Tonight they are going to announce the new celebs for this season's DANCING WITH THE STARS. I thought all the names would have been leaked. But i've only seen a few (kate gosselin and perhaps pamela anderson). I am still really annoyed with the show for dumping so many of their popular professional. Apparently Kym asked for more money so they canned her too (in addition to karina, lacey and jonathan). And Dimitri won't be on this season most likely either. :(

I read Greg Louganis is probably going to be one of the contestants.

That's one name i had not heard.  I'm pretty sure about Kate Gosselin.  Pamela Anderson has been mentioned a lot. I'm pretty sure now about Shannen Doherty (being paired with mark). I just did a search on Greg Louganis and it says he really wants to be on DWTS. I guess we shall see tonight.

But I still think it sucks that Kym and Karina will not be on the show this season. It would be one thing if they did not want to be on. But for them to not ask back people's favorites is crazy.

Jennifer

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2010, 04:01:54 PM »

CHUCK is on here at 7pm. So i'm gonna go watch that!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2010, 04:24:51 PM »

Tonight they are going to announce the new celebs for this season's DANCING WITH THE STARS. I thought all the names would have been leaked. But i've only seen a few (kate gosselin and perhaps pamela anderson). I am still really annoyed with the show for dumping so many of their popular professional. Apparently Kym asked for more money so they canned her too (in addition to karina, lacey and jonathan). And Dimitri won't be on this season most likely either. :(

That's one name i had not heard.  I'm pretty sure about Kate Gosselin.  Pamela Anderson has been mentioned a lot. I'm pretty sure now about Shannen Doherty (being paired with mark). I just did a search on Greg Louganis and it says he really wants to be on DWTS. I guess we shall see tonight.

But I still think it sucks that Kym and Karina will not be on the show this season. It would be one thing if they did not want to be on. But for them to not ask back people's favorites is crazy.

I also read that a football player Chad Ochocinco would be on, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »

I also read that a football player Chad Ochocinco would be on, too.

Yes i read that too. Although i've never heard of him before. But apparently he plays for the Bengals.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2010, 04:41:03 PM »

The chicken soup that took me all afternoon is quite deelish. I have two quarts to freeze and a full pot to dne on for the next week.

I've also found a Victor Herbert revue song, "I'd Love To Waltz Through Life With You,"from the Ziegfeld Follies of 1923 for my next Herbert project.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »

Good evening.  It was a lovely day here, although we tied the record for the most consecutive days under 40 degrees --  90 days!  Tomorrow we'll break the record.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2010, 04:44:27 PM »

Chicken soup sounds wonderful!   Glad the plumber was there today.  Vibes that the new ceiling is put in sooner rather than later

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2010, 04:44:38 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Kurt

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2010, 04:45:32 PM »

Today was insanely busy at the office.  I'm  not complaining, but it left my head spinning

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »

I started Weight watchers online again today.   Unfortunately it still has all my old info, so I get to see exactly how much I've regained.  I've only been dieting a couple days and I'm already feeling better

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:56 PM »

My favorite line from viewing the short films for our festival yesterday is this one

"The world is full of paper. Write me"

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »

I started Weight watchers online again today.   Unfortunately it still has all my old info, so I get to see exactly how much I've regained.  I've only been dieting a couple days and I'm already feeling better

:)

Jane

« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »

My favorite line from viewing the short films for our festival yesterday is this one

"The world is full of paper. Write me"

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »

Successful vibes for DR CILLA LIZ....as my own losing streak continues.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2010, 05:12:17 PM »

DR JANE - KARAMAZOV was okay.....some good performances, but read the book instead.  And the sound mix was very low.  I had my speakers up about 1/3 more than I usually do, and some of the actors were still very very quiet.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »

Greetings one and all!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »

Interesting Closing Ceremonies. Although I was thinking that Celine Dion was going to be on (being that she is one of the most famous canadian singers).

It was okay but I was a bit disappointed
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »

Suzi Quatro:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzi_Quatro

One of the few 45s I still have that my sister did not find to sell

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »

Good evening.  It was a lovely day here, although we tied the record for the most consecutive days under 40 degrees --  90 days!  Tomorrow we'll break the record.

we have been below 40 since just before Thanksgiving... They are talking 40s for next week... and very few night below freezing...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »

Beautiful picture John G.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »

TOD: I was going to say the "Die Hard" movies and "Terminator," but then my brain kicked in and I remembered those were mindless '80s movies (I'm getting old).

So, I would have to say the early Guy Ritchie movies, like "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch." They're fun, they're mindless.

I like Jason Statham's movies, too, like "Transporter" and the "Death Race" remake. He's got a low-key, engaging personality that makes the flicks fun.

I have never been a fan of the terminator movies

Jane

« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »

DR JANE - KARAMAZOV was okay.....some good performances, but read the book instead.  And the sound mix was very low.  I had my speakers up about 1/3 more than I usually do, and some of the actors were still very very quiet.

Thank you.  I'm glad I passed.  I did read and enjoy the book.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2010, 05:23:06 PM »

I've been making some notes on the long musical, but I'm bored and am stopping.  I'm just going to say what I have to say, give some suggestions, and send the author on his way to make a new outline of acts one and two. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »

I just pre-ordered Andrew Lloyd Webber's latest, Love Never Dies from Dresscircle.co.uk.  Is anyone else planning on getting it? 

George, I think you are the cockeyed optimist.  You ordered that show and it hasn't even opened yet!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2010, 05:23:22 PM »

I'm very tired because I got up too damn early.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2010, 05:24:02 PM »

I did get some book proofing done (and, of course, am finding more screwy things to fix - little punctuation stuff and paragraph stuff) but at least that's enjoyable to me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »

Well, it's 3:45 am and I've been up for the past hour. I am also very angry about it. Very.

About an hour ago I went to the bathroom to discover the bathroom rug soaking wet and plaster all over the floor, something that occurred between 11 pm last night and now, but I couldn't have heard it because of the damned earplugs I wear because of the neighbor above me! So, after a short debate on cleaning up the mess or going back to bed, I opted to go back to bed, only at that point the neighbor arrived home and I got to hear 30 minutes of his squeaky bed while he and whomever have sex. I figured then, screw it, since he is, got up and cleaned up the bathroom. Now I'm so angry that I cannot sleep.

The leak has been going on for some time, bit it stopped for a while. It was back yesterday afternoon when I returned hme from Toyland. Since I don't know if it's caused by the neighbor above me or another apartment, it's difficult to find the source. I know it was gone for a while but now it's back.

Sorry to hear about the leak. I understand your frustration. I came home from work once to a completely flooded house. That was a nightmare I hope I never have to live through again.

I think elmore had that problem one time, when he stopped dating Noah.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:30:50 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up