Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A 110-YEAR-OLD TIBETAN MONK  (Read 25871 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:A 110-YEAR-OLD TIBETAN MONK
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »

The home remedy for kidney stones did not work today. DH is going to try it one more time tomorrow and if it doesn't work, then it may be time to blast them!

Long day tomorrow so I'm going to hit the showers and le bed!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:17:49 PM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2008, 08:17:02 PM »

A much better use of my time was the two episodes of JOHN ADAMS which I found beautifully done. Love the cast made up of some really excellent actors, not just in the leads but in the supporting roles, too.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »

Nytol!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »

*And then there are the savory popovers made with additions of grated cheese(s) and/or herbs to the batter.  YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2008, 08:18:28 PM »

I'm going to dream of visions of popovers dancing in my head.

Matt H.

« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2008, 08:18:42 PM »

The second of tonight's episodes covered most of what '1776' covers, and it was very interesting to get another point of view of the proceedings after having done that show twice in my life and having seen the show and movie countless times.

Very much looking forward to next week's episodes.

Matt H.

« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »

I forgot to mention this morning that DIRT came on tonight. I forgot about it, too, but luckily FX repeats the episode at 11 p.m., so I do have the DVR picking tonight's episode up which I'll watch tomorrow.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2008, 08:28:38 PM »

Sunday morning greetings!  I'm up early to get ready for our day in Cincinnati.

Nice to see DR DakotaCelt back from vacation - SW Utah is beautiful, isn't it?

It is really beautiful... I am having a devil of a time deciding what pics to put up...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT has returned from vacation!

How I discovered my shocking story is that someone I was talking to told me and ended it with, I thought you knew that.

:)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »

Lovely cat condo Edi...  and goats!

MBarnum

« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »

At the last minute my friend Jim invited me over for Corned Beef and Cabbage...boy was it tasty! Then we watched some episodes of the old LORETTA YOUNG SHOW (aka LETTERS TO LORETTA). Jim is a big fan of Loretta Young.

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2008, 08:32:08 PM »

The second of tonight's episodes covered most of what '1776' covers, and it was very interesting to get another point of view of the proceedings after having done that show twice in my life and having seen the show and movie countless times.

Did you play Adams?

I've always loved 1776. I saw my best friend play Charles Thomson in a NorCal production last year. Later this month, I'll be seeing a different company (same director and some of the same cast) tackling the show up north again. This time, my friend is playing John Dickinson. Can you say "upgrade"?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »

Here is a flower I see very often in L.A. and in my own neighborhood. My next-door neighbor has them in his front yard. It's called a butterfly iris; I took this with my iPhone camera. I think this flower is quite lovely.

Pretty flower...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »

Health vibes to elmore

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »

I am dreaming of doing a macaroon crawl in NY. Ahhhhhhh...

OH!  That reminds me...

When I was walking around Chelsea a few weeks ago, I had planned to stop into Madeleine Patisserie to pick up some macarons.  However, when I walked up to the store front, I noticed that all the furniture inside had been been removed - including the display case!  I then noticed a sign taped to the front door - "Moved Two Doors Down" with an arrow pointing west.  Well, I walked down two doors, and all I saw was a closed-up drug store.  So, I walked east just to see if it had moved down that way.  Nothing there either.  I'm really hoping that it hasn't totally gone away.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2008, 08:36:46 PM »

DRJANE - no one but a FEW of us know the particulars of the story.  I will stay MUM....except here of course.  Because I trust you all.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2008, 08:37:24 PM »

I would have thought DR MBARNUM had a space show to watch....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2008, 08:39:10 PM »

1776 and DOCTOR WHO - I guess I am in the minority around here on those two particular....uh....entertainments.

Interesting interview, DR JOSE.....but I really didn't like his comparing a movie to stage musical claptrap to a revival of a classic play....although there is clap to be trapped there as well.....in spades.

Matt H.

« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2008, 08:39:58 PM »

Did you play Adams?

I've always loved 1776. I saw my best friend play Charles Thomson in a NorCal production last year. Later this month, I'll be seeing a different company (same director and some of the same cast) tackling the show up north again. This time, my friend is playing John Dickinson. Can you say "upgrade"?

No, I've always longed to play John Dickinson. I think that's the best role in the show (next to Adams and Franklin). I've never gotten it, and I've twice seen it go to others that I thought were rather undeserving and miscast. But maybe that's just my sour grapes talking.

The last time I did it, I was Judge James Wilson who does get that delicious climactic moment where the entire question hinges on his decision.

The first time I did it, I was Caesar Rodney, a rather unsatisfying part since you're offstage for about 2/3 of the show.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2008, 08:40:14 PM »

The Doctor, meanwhile, has another Christmas special to start off the season, this one titled "Voyage of the Damned" and guest-starring Kylie Minoque as waitress Astrid Peth.  Then the fourth series in full gets going, with Catherine Tate returning for the full series as the loud Donna Noble (yes, she of "The Runaway Bride").

But wait, it gets crazier.  Freema Agyeman, having put in a three-episode stint as Dr. Martha Jones over on Torchwood, returns to Doctor Who about mid-way through the series.  And then, for the last three episodes, Billie Piper will return as Rose Tyler.  Don't ask me how, the storyline is all conjectures at this point, but her contract is not - yes, Rose Tyler returns!

And there have been all sorts of sightings at the Doctor Who set - apparently, for the final three-episode story, Captain Jack returns, as does Sarah Jane.  That the Tardis is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside will be highly convenient at this point.  Sightings have also included Camille Coduri (aka Jackie Tyler) and Noel Clark (Mickey Smith).

Plus there have been hints of another name returning to the fray: Davros.  

Most significant of all is that, rather than seque into series five, Doctor Who will return the following year as three specials, giving current Doctor David Tennant time to play Hamlet on-stage, with the fifth series to commence some time after that.

And yes, John Barrowman and friends will be returning for a third series of Torchwood.

WilliamHartnellPatrickTroughtonJonPertweeTomBaker
PeterDavisonColinBakerSylvesterMcCoy
PaulMcGannChristopherEcclestonDavidTennant We Now Return You To Our Regular Programming...

;D

THanks for the heads up SWW... Some of that I had already heard but it never hurts to be reminded

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2008, 08:40:43 PM »

...(Bretty, this is only one small example of why Jose is known as The Enabler! He can be dangerous---especially to the waistline.)...

The only way to resist the Enabler is to be tempted only by savories.  Jose has an instict for tracking down the best of the sweets.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »

Hmph. DR Jack Randall admitted he did not know.It is VERY well known in Doctor Who fan circles - those of us who are obsessed enough to have collections of the original series on DVD, a few copies of Doctor Who Magazine laying around, Murray Gold's soundtrack of the current series on CD.

For those who want to go even further, there's the Big Finish Audio Adventures, also available on CD and featuring original cast members from the past, but I haven't gotten that fanatical yet.  (There's a question as to just how canonical these stories are.)

I have many of the novelized shows and some of the 'missing stories'. I am not a big fan some of some of the novels.

I do have the 25th anniversary tape that was released. Would love to put it on cd.

Matt H.

« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2008, 08:43:01 PM »

Well, even Shakespeare adapated many of his greatest works from other sources. Making something new out of something that has come before is as old as the theater.

Several of Shakespeare's original plots are quite awful.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: March 16, 2008, 08:44:24 PM »

The only way to resist the Enabler is to be tempted only by savories.  Jose has an instict for tracking down the best of the sweets.

Well... I wouldn't call Macaroni & Cheese, Hamburgers, dim sum and fried chicken "sweets".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #294 on: March 16, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

For the record, MAMA MIA! (as many know) is based on the film BUENO SERA MRS. CAMPBELL.

DBF thinks it is Muriel's WEdding

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #295 on: March 16, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »

DR BrettySpaghetti - If you would like an Introduction to Being Enabled, you can begin by CLICKING HERE.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #296 on: March 16, 2008, 08:46:45 PM »

Bret, have you worked in musical theatre?  and if you have, who have you worked with?   Just curious since I saw that you mentioned  1776. One of favorite actors, Matt Ashford did both 1776 and Urinetown-the musical.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #297 on: March 16, 2008, 08:48:16 PM »

Re: Popovers.  From The New Food Lover's Companion, Fourth Editon, by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst

popover a puffy, muffin-size bread with a crisp brown crust and a somewhat hollow, moist interior.  Basic popovers begin with a simple batter of eggs, milk, butter and flour.  The high proportion of liquid in the batter creates steam that leavens the bread.  Popovers may be baked in muffin tins or special popover pans, which have six extra-deep cups.  The name is said to come from the fact that as the batter bakes and expands, it "pops over" the sides of the cup-shaped indentations.  Popovers can be plain or variously flavored with items such as cheese, spices, or herbs.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #298 on: March 16, 2008, 08:49:44 PM »

neat javalina and quail pics Cilla!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »

Will someone show me this Priscilla person?

der Brucer

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up