Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO'S COMPANY  (Read 40690 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:TWO'S COMPANY
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2007, 10:30:15 AM »

jrand, i also love those red trees.  our red leaf maple outside the kitchen window has just a scattering of leaves left.

singdaw

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »

Speaking of leaves...

One of my most treasured possessions growing up was a book that my grandparents made for me.  They were living on the East coast, and I was growing up near Los Angeles.

In autumn, they collected 10 or 12 kinds of leaves, pressed them, and pasted them into a hand-made book.  They created a story around them, and also labeled each kind of leaf.

I remember going through that book, over and over - or having my parents read it to me - until I learned the tree names associated with each leaf.

Since phone calls were expensive [to us at the time], we used to keep up with each other by recording reel-to-reel tapes and mailing them back and forth.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2007, 10:36:46 AM »

We had a 1956 Kreplach convertible.

It wouldn't start when it was damp.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:36:59 AM by JRand57 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2007, 10:40:01 AM »

All her posts have disappeared

She took her marbles and went home, eh?   :-\

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »

My thoughts on last night's AMAZING RACE.

I was so happy to have the show back on.

I am so curious who everyone's favorites are. I don't necessarily know who mine are yet. I need to see how competitive everyone is next week!

I did not like the team that got eliminated. But i didn't really think it was fair. They must have waited like 2 hours with that non-responsive donkey. I thought they should have been allowed to go back and get another one.

I know some people might say they were mean to it. But i'm betting they were there for a very long time before they yelled (btw i think yelling is totally wrong).

I'm curious what people think of the brother/sister, the goths, the ministers, nathan/jenny (bickering couple with donkey probs), the hippies, the chinese father/daughter.

I like the brother sister. I think the chinese father/daughter are so lovely (although i just don't think they will go that far).

I am not sure about the goths.

I am really not sure about the ministers. I just don't think they have the physical ability needed.

I actually like the hippies. And the other dating team that did well (they had a fight, she had long curly brown hair, she told him to stop the car when she thought they were going the wrong way ...).

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2007, 10:41:13 AM »

Best of luck for BK tonight!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »

Jeff is the smartest of the group

Isn't that always the way?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »

Does anyone remember Allstate cars?  We had one when I was teeny tiny--I just barely remember it.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »

I remember the All State pedal cars.  Almost lost my foot in one of them, tore up a good pair of Keds that's for sure.

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2007, 10:48:45 AM »

RE: Brothers & Sisters.

This show has really gotten so much better.  It wasn't that good when it first started. But now it is really wonderful.

I think it is rob lowe and calista. They are so great together.

Anyhow, last night's show was full of surprises.  I loved seeing the help Calista/Kitty got to deal with the pregnancy issue. Funny scenes.

But how heartbreaking when kitty went to the doctor. I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting a wedding! :(

I do not like the friend who is fooling around with tommy (and now justin). And i'm not really looking forward to watching justin battle his addiction again.

I was happy with the joe/sarah outcome. But i found it slightly unrealistic.  Are you telling me that joe turned into a jerk. And planned for full custody and then he would just give it up? I don't buy it. BUt it made for a feel-good moment.  The daughter/Paige really is sweet.

I didn't watch the previews (i do'nt usually). So i will watch next week blindly!

singdaw

« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2007, 10:50:42 AM »

Does anyone remember Allstate cars?

No, but I remember All-State Choir.

:P

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2007, 10:51:33 AM »

Does anyone (dakota maybe) know what is going to happen to the soaps with the writers' strike?  Will they keep going? Show reruns?

singdaw

« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »

Lather.
Rinse.
Repeat.

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08:07 AM »

I was very pleased with the outcome of TAR last night...the team that left was the team I most disliked! The donkey incident was of there own making, they just did not know, or figure out in time, how to deal with it.

I like all of the remaining teams, except the bickering couple (don't recall the names), at this point. I think it will be a fun adventure with them all.

JMK

« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08:50 AM »

From the ever-authoritative (not) Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allstate_(automobile)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:09:54 AM by JMK »

JMK

« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »

Looks like you'll have to copy & paste or else you get the insurance side of things.

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2007, 11:10:58 AM »

DR George, my DVR did not pick up Desp. Housewive's last night either! I just happened to tune in about a half hour into it...so all I saw was the last half.

I have the whole series set to record, so I don't know why it didn't. Unless I was fiddling wit it, or something, and accidently told it not to record. I know I had been switching some shows to record from the HD channel instead of the regular channel...so maybe I screwed up on that one.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2007, 11:11:30 AM »

~~~Vibes for Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »

From the ever-authoritative (not) Wikipedia:

Here you go.  You need to put the [ url ] and [ /url ] (without spaces) around your link to be able to make the whole thing work.

If you quote my message, you can see the code here:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2007, 11:14:55 AM »

DR George, my DVR did not pick up Desp. Housewive's last night either! I just happened to tune in about a half hour into it...so all I saw was the last half.

I have the whole series set to record, so I don't know why it didn't. Unless I was fiddling wit it, or something, and accidently told it not to record. I know I had been switching some shows to record from the HD channel instead of the regular channel...so maybe I screwed up on that one.

That's pretty weird. :P If ONLY one of us had this problem, I would say we made a mistake, but BOTH of us having the same problem??  I think something else is going on. :-\

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2007, 11:16:37 AM »

She took her marbles and went home, eh?   :-\

So far as I recall, she posted ONCE...and then disappeared...and that was only a short time after registering.  Her one post was a misrepresenting-the-facts slam at Bruce.

I replied to that one post...and my reply is no longer here, either.  All references to her are gone.  

This is obviously an administrative issue.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:24:49 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2007, 11:18:48 AM »

That's pretty weird. :P If ONLY one of us had this problem, I would say we made a mistake, but BOTH of us having the same problem??  I think something else is going on. :-\

;)

OTOH, if you have On Demand, you can catch up any time you want.  I'm certain they've added it to the cache of past shows by now.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »

Does anyone (dakota maybe) know what is going to happen to the soaps with the writers' strike?  Will they keep going? Show reruns?

RERUNS.  The news about the strike said the first hit would be the late-night shows, which are written fresh each day, and the daytime dramas.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »

DR MBarnum:  I enjoyed reading your post about your siblings.

I am now wondering what the chances are that you might be able to post photos of them.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2007, 11:29:02 AM »

Thank you for the photos of the colored leaves, JRand. Very pretty!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2007, 11:33:50 AM »

A package from Kritzerland has arrived!

I wonder what it can be!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2007, 11:37:22 AM »

singdaw, i enjoyed reading about your grandparent's and the book.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2007, 11:40:49 AM »

Thank you for the photos of the colored leaves, JRand. Very pretty!

YW.
Maybe more if Mother Nature cooperates.  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2007, 11:41:07 AM »

Lots of lovely family stories here today.

George

« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2007, 11:41:37 AM »

OTOH, if you have On Demand, you can catch up any time you want.  I'm certain they've added it to the cache of past shows by now.

I'll look, but the last time I searched for a TV show on On Demand, I could only find CBS shows and no other network...unless I just wasn't looking in the right place. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up