Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO'S COMPANY  (Read 40690 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TWO'S COMPANY
« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2007, 04:59:16 PM »

Well... The last WGA strike back in 1988 last 22 weeks, so... However, since "reality" shows are not scripted, they will not be affected.

-Were there any "reality" shows back in 1988?

I dont think That's Incredible or Real People actually qualify as REality shows
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2007, 05:03:23 PM »

Bloopers and Practical Jokes and AMerica's Funniest Videos I would not qaulify as reality either.

I would suspect it may affect gameshows like Crosswords, Jeopardy or Wheel.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 05:03:39 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »

This afternoon I went outside to take a walk, and this is what I saw:

I'm not really sure.

To quote one of my favorite Nancy Walker lines (as Rhoda's mother):  "It's nice you have a hobby that makes you happy."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »

This afternoon I went outside to take a walk, and this is what I saw:

I'm not really sure.

I thought that in honor of the T.O.D. she was making split pea.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2007, 05:14:32 PM »

She is smashing a pickle with a hammer. Something to do with Guy Fawkes Day, but I'm not sure what.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2007, 05:15:53 PM »

Super Duper Vibes to BK and the crew for their show tonight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2007, 05:20:19 PM »

The best soup I've ever tasted....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2007, 05:21:04 PM »

Where is Steve's left hand?  ???  ???  ???

:o That's a darned good question!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2007, 05:22:04 PM »

DR TCB, my dad hunted and he passed that along to my siblings (he was actually step-dad to my 3 older brothers and my sister).

My dad took my little brother and I on many early morning hunting trips during our frequent weekends of camping up at Diamond Lake and/or Howard Prairie from the time I was about 5.

Frankly, at the time, I had no interest in getting up when it was still dark out, bundling up and hopping into the chilly 1969 Ford pickup. The only good thing was the hot chocolate and donuts that mom brought along.

I can recall many a time when a skinned deer would be hanging at our camp.

The first time I witnessed my dad shoot a deer and then gut it...well, that was the end of it for me (I was not more the 6 years old). The next time dad took me out hunting I made so much noice (jumping off of downed trees, talking loudly, throwing rocks) that I was never made to go hunting with him again.

I had no interest in killing things nor seeing them get killed. My brothers, however, all took to hunting like a flea takes to a dog. They all still hunt to this day and, for the most part, have handed the blood sport down to their kids. All of my family and all of our family friends from southern Oregon are hunters.

Hunting seemed quite natural at the time since I grew up with it. It wasn't until I was an adult that I really gave much thought to how I felt morally about it. And the subject is never debated at family gatherings due to my nearly being lynched several Christmases ago! LOL!

My mom is from Germany and the older of her two younger brothers (she's the oldest and also has a younger sister) is a hunter.  In Germany, though, you can't just go out hunting anytime or anywhere you want.  You have to have a special license AND a place to hunt.  Germany is a small country and (if I remember correctly) they have special hunting clubs because of the limited game that's available.  It's quite expensive to join.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2007, 05:25:57 PM »

T.O.D.

I love clam chowder.  I prefer New England style, but I have never turned down a good Manhattan style chowder, either.  Every time I go to a restaurant or cafe that has clam chowder, I have to try it.  When i was a host in a restaurant in downtown Tacoma, we had a chef who made clam chowder AND salmon chowder that was to die for; and I hate salmon!  His secret was sherry.

I love a good hearty split pea soup.  Maybe I will have to make some this weekend.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2007, 05:34:37 PM »

I baked a ham today, so this week we shall have soup!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »

Last night, the DP and I traveled to Sacramento and saw the National Tour of Whistle Down the Wind.   An ALW show that I've never seen and one Cast Recording that I was never too excited about.  The show was really good.  However, the direction was lacking.  It was rather slow.  The cast was great and the kids were fantastic.  I didn't have high expectations going in to the show and I didn't tell the DP the plot for fear he may not be interested.  In the end, I was quite surprised about what a cute little show this actually is and it even has a message.  The DP found the conductor distracting as he has bopping around like a metronome, actually, he was the metronome as he was playing while conducting.  I had seen this guy conduct before, I believe it was the National Tour of Hairspray and he is quite animated.  The band was great, however.  I think I'd want to see the show again, and I hope it becomes available to do someday as it definitely has possibilities and charm.

If you want to read about what else happened yesterday, you can read my blog for more details.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 05:40:23 PM by Matthew »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #282 on: November 05, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »

OOhhh... Clam Chowder!  :)

-One of the relative deals at the Oyster Bar in Grand Central is their Clam Chowder.  And they make both Manhattan and New England.  -And you can order a bowl of half-and-half - and if the server serves it up right, it looks like a bowl of Ying and Yang when it's put down in front of you.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2007, 05:45:37 PM »

WHat is the difference between Manhattan style clam chowder and New England?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »

Last night, the DP and I traveled to Sacramento and saw the National Tour of Whistle Down the Wind.   An ALW show that I've never seen and one Cast Recording that I was never too excited about.  The show was really good.  However, the direction was lacking.  It was rather slow.  The cast was great and the kids were fantastic.  I didn't have high expectations going in to the show and I didn't tell the DP the plot for fear he may not be interested.  In the end, I was quite surprised about what a cute little show this actually is and it even has a message.  The DP found the conductor distracting as he has bopping around like a metronome, actually, he was the metronome as he was playing while conducting.  I had seen this guy conduct before, I believe it was the National Tour of Hairspray and he is quite animated.  The band was great, however.  I think I'd want to see the show again, and I hope it becomes available to do someday as it definitely has possibilities and charm.

Ah, yes, Jim Vukovich.  And a friend of mine from college is the associate conductor/keyboard player for the tour.

*And from what I understand, the show has come a long way from the version that I briefly played for - and saw - in Washington, DC back in 1996.  I'm just glad they got rid of the rubber snakes and the Beanie-Baby-like cat puppets.   ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2007, 05:53:24 PM »

Ah, yes, Jim Vukovich.  And a friend of mine from college is the associate conductor/keyboard player for the tour.

*And from what I understand, the show has come a long way from the version that I briefly played for - and saw - in Washington, DC back in 1996.  I'm just glad they got rid of the rubber snakes and the Beanie-Baby-like cat puppets.   ;)

There were still rubber snakes :)  However, they replaced the "stories" told by "The Man" to the kids on the OCR with a new piece called "The tribe" with lyrics by Don Black.  Much better, IMHO.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2007, 05:54:17 PM »

The can:

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »

If you want to read about what else happened yesterday, you can read my blog for more details.

This is coming to Seattle next week.  I was thinking about going, but I don't have a lot of time with rehearsals, and all.  I still might go up...we'll see. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: November 05, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »

There were still rubber snakes :)  However, they replaced the "stories" told by "The Man" to the kids on the OCR with a new piece called "The tribe" with lyrics by Don Black.  Much better, IMHO.  

Is that crazy 15/8 number still in?  I remember having to count "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15" really fast in order to keep track and play all the orchestra hits in the keyboard part.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: November 05, 2007, 05:57:29 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - The simple answer is: Manhattan style is tomato-based, New New England is cream-based.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #290 on: November 05, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »

Manhattan is in a, not so good, red base & New England is a delicious white cream based soup.  The best I ever had was at the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Massachusetts.

http://www.redlioninn.com

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #291 on: November 05, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »

The can:

;)
Oh, puh-leeze.

Manhattan style is tomato based and brothy.  

New England style is milk/cream based.  No tomatoes.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2007, 06:01:22 PM »

I've a really early work call tomorrow, so I'd better cut out while I can.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: November 05, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »

Is there an echo in here?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #294 on: November 05, 2007, 06:01:44 PM »

Manhattan is in a, not so good, red base & New England is a delicious white cream based soup.  The best I ever had was at the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Massachusetts.

http://www.redlioninn.com

DR Jane, let me take a wild guess and say you prefer New England   ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #295 on: November 05, 2007, 06:01:56 PM »

And Manhattan style actually hails from Rhode Island.

Matthew

« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2007, 06:02:01 PM »

Is that crazy 15/8 number still in?  I remember having to count "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15" really fast in order to keep track and play all the orchestra hits in the keyboard part.  ;)

Most likely that was there.  However, I'm so not good at hearing complex rhythms when they are done well and not obvious.  

DR George - if you have a chance, go see it, you'll be glad you did.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2007, 06:02:59 PM »

There is no echo in here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2007, 06:03:35 PM »

TAR -

DR Jennifer, I think you said the other day that there aren't any nonelimination rounds this time. At the beginning he announced that 8 of the 11 pit stops were eliminations.   That sounds to me like there are 2 or 3 non elimination (not sure if they count the finish line as a pit stop)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2007, 06:03:52 PM »

echo

echo

echo

echo

echo
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up