Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IF I SEW CHEWS  (Read 15123 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:IF I SEW CHEWS
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2006, 01:48:31 PM »

Some folks may like to learn that I did not -- repeat NOT -- order an extra copy of "The Lady Eve" on Criterion.  I didn't already have it....something easily ascertained at home.

Databases are great...but can't answer questions when you find yourself away from them and you need (or want) to make a decision at that time.

Of course, I didn't question myself over the issue when I ordered the title.  It was only afterward that I pondered whether or not I already had it.

If the issue had been an issue when I was ordering, I'd have simply waited until I got home.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 01:49:02 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2006, 01:48:46 PM »

OOOH!!! Do you still have th recipe?

DR Vixmom - Yes, I do still have that recipe and I treasure it because it's one of the few things I have in my late father's handwriting.  I will email it to you and probably make a batch, which would please my DH and my DS very much.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2006, 01:48:46 PM »

Back from fetching my friend from the airport and chauffeuring him home. Luckily, his plane was half an hour early, so that took me out of the rush hour for which I was totally grateful.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2006, 01:49:53 PM »

DR Vixmom - Yes, I do still have that recipe and I treasure it because it's one of the few things I have in my late father's handwriting.  I will email it to you and probably make a batch, which would please my DH and my DS very much.

Or...you could post it here and share with all the Hainsies/Kimlets!   :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2006, 01:50:16 PM »

I think I still have a pretty clear conception of my DVD collection, but I have been shocked and delighted recently by discovering LPs and CDs I didn't remember that I had already bought.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2006, 01:52:06 PM »

I did get my shipping notice from Deep Discount today concerning the Criterions that I bought yesterday. PYGMALION was out of stock and had to be back ordered, but the others are on their way!

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2006, 01:52:21 PM »

Or...you could post it here and share with all the Hainsies/Kimlets!   :D

OK, I'll do that!  Who knows, it might even become as popular as Tuna Glop!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2006, 01:55:24 PM »

I had time this afternoon to get some things watched and cleared off the DVR. First up was OLD CHRISTINE from last night, and it was a deeply disappointing episode. CHristine is taken back to note that her son's private school class has no ethnic diversity, so she moves heaven and earth to see to it that a black family's third grader is admitted to the school. All well and good until Christine has dinner with the family and hears them spouting homophobic comments left and right. So, she moves heaven and earth to make sure a gay male couple's child gets admitted to the school. Of course the gay couple is rabidly anti-Semitic. And so it goes.

WILL & GRACE had a similar episode four years ago with competing city council candidates who were racist in one way or another much to their initial ignorance and then their dismay.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2006, 01:58:50 PM »

Then I moved on to Sunday night's THE SOPRANOS. OK episode involving Tony's slow but continuing recovery from his injury. Not one of the greater episodes in the series' history.

Poor Vito! I think they copped out on doing more with their token gay Mafioso.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

I watched a MURDER SHE WROTE episode that I don't remember having seen, and this was another with Jerry Orbach playing Harry McGraw. Sure don't remember it. Among the guest stars were Kevin McCarthy and the gorgeous Maxwell Caulfield.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2006, 02:06:44 PM »

OK, I'll do that!  Who knows, it might even become as popular as Tuna Glop!

I wouldn't make a bet on that!   ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2006, 02:07:35 PM »

Critics Choice CD catalog arrived today and includes THE RED SHOES soundtrack!  And the BURT BACHARACH BOX SET on sale.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2006, 02:07:49 PM »

Finished up the afternoon with Marlene Dietrich in THE DEVIL IS A WOMAN. I know this is the film she liked the most of all her movies, but other than wearing a stunning succession of ever more elaborate Travis Banton gowns and made-up to an absurd degree even for her, I don't see the appeal. Her performance is brittle and in many ways amateurish. And the episodic nature of the storytelling makes for a herky jerky moviegoing experience. Neither Cesar Romero nor Lionel Atwill make particularly charismatic lovers/leading men (though I like both men in other movies). Obviously, von Sternberg (who also was the cinematographer) was much more conerned with the lighting and shooting of Marlene. Nothing and nobody else mattered.

The DVD looks just wonderful with no blemishes at all that I could ascertain.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2006, 02:08:59 PM »

Cat Dentures.

DRMBARNUM - perhaps you could spend some of that Nigerian swag on that invention that I am sure is around somewhere.

A one thousand dollar drink at the Kentucky Derby?

That would be a U$ Mint Julip, no doubt!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2006, 02:13:19 PM »

Some folks may like to learn that I did not -- repeat NOT -- order an extra copy of "The Lady Eve" on Criterion.  I didn't already have it....something easily ascertained at home.

Databases are great...but can't answer questions when you find yourself away from them and you need (or want) to make a decision at that time.

Of course, I didn't question myself over the issue when I ordered the title.  It was only afterward that I pondered whether or not I already had it.

If the issue had been an issue when I was ordering, I'd have simply waited until I got home.

Dang and I was looking forward to obtaining your spare at a a garage sale rate!

Congrats all the same!! :D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »

Huzzah!! Why don't you post it here for one and all to enjoy?

vixmom

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2006, 02:18:15 PM »

I should read ALL the posts before I post instead of replying as I go!

vixmom

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2006, 02:18:58 PM »

Speaking of Go I guess I oughta go as its past 5!! Night all!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

Cat Dentures.

The alternative is to chew up the cat's food and then spit it into a dish for the cat to gum down.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2006, 02:49:05 PM »

Well, I'm going to head down now. Not only have the living room to clean, but I want to mow the front yard, too.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2006, 02:59:50 PM »

On a similar note to Ron Ps potential dilema, I just won an Allison Hayes photo on Ebay...now I am not so sure it isn't one that I already have!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »

We did a photo purge this morning, so it's obviously not that.  I've written Bakalor to see if he can figure out what's going on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2006, 03:08:02 PM »

I bought a little mini-hard drive today - 100 gigs - to back up my entire laptop hardrive to.  Vinnie's coming over tomorrow to set it up for me, so that my computer will automatically back up to this little drive every three days.

I then had a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich for lunch, and then wrote three pages, a good day's work, I think.  

It looks like I'll be heading to the editing room around five.

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2006, 03:18:05 PM »

I wonder if the Pogues will be indulging.......

When I saw the item about the $1000 mint juleps in the Cincinnati paper this morning, I figured that's what the Pogues would be serving at their Derby bash  ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »

I guess some of you have heard that there will be a moratorim on salmon fishing in the U.S. coastal waters of the Pacific for gosh knows how long.

Behind it is the fact that spawning is "off"...and most scientists believe it to be an environmental thing rather than an "over-fishing" thing.

At any rate...the cost of salmon is going to soar.

Stock up now, if you're a salmon lover!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2006, 03:20:49 PM »

For those interested, here's the lineup for tonight's AMERICAN IDOL night of Queen songs:

Ace Young, We Will Rock You:

•Bucky Covington, Fat Bottomed Girls:

•Chris Daughtry, Innuendo:

•Elliott Yamin, Somebody to Love:

•Katharine McPhee, Who Wants to Live Forever:

•Kellie Pickler, Bohemian Rhapsody:

•Paris Bennett, The Show Must Go On:

•Taylor Hicks, Crazy Little Thing Called Love:

Not sure if I should be nervous or scared iwth some of the selections. I am a huge Queen fan and a couple of the singers I fear do not have the talent to do justice to the pieces selected.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2006, 03:21:34 PM »

Sorry to be E&T

Been a bit under the weather and working on a paper. Work has been nuts.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2006, 03:22:55 PM »

yes something is just out of whack with some browsers or something....not quite sure....  What browsers to DRS DAKOTA CELT and MBARNUM use?

Allison showed up and is quite fetching cluching her necklace and looking at what is supposed to be a giant from outer space, and is probably actually a teamster in a t-shirt with a cigar in his mouth waving a stick.    :P

I use MIE and Opera...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2006, 03:23:55 PM »

I haven't been able to post photos since last week either

I have troubles at work posting but at home seems to be fine.. Very strange.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2006, 03:26:35 PM »

Very lean ground beef, sauteed in a little olive oil with a little onion, celery, black pepper, lots of oregano. Cut up some really ripe plum tomatoes - heck, ANY tomatoes, even those little pearl jobs in a big plastic box at Costco! - but if you can't get REALLY ripe ones, open a big can of crushed and pour it in. Slice up WAY too many mushrooms and toss 'em in. A dash of cayenne. A splash of red wine. Simmer, simmer, simmer. Cook up some whole baby green beans or zucchini for me, and a wad of spaghetti for yourself. Ladle the sauce generously over. Mmmmm.

That is good Peny. I have made something similar to that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up