Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SPRING AWAKENING OR WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?  (Read 12842 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SPRING AWAKENING OR WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15:42 PM »

That was a fairly streamlined list, George. Stingy, actually. No Pirelli, no Beggar Woman (or not much).
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

Page five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2012, 02:25:01 PM »

Michele Bachmann has a million dollar debt for running for president? I'd ask what kind of fool does that but I already know what kind of a fool she is! A Huge One!
Yes, but she has much more money than that, so it's a tax write-off.

Don't rain on my parade.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »

Michele Bachmann has a million dollar debt for running for president? I'd ask what kind of fool does that but I already know what kind of a fool she is! A Huge One!

Don't rain on my parade.

OK, will it make you feel better to remember she has to go home to that husband of hers?
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »

From Zack's reaction I think I would rather read HUNGER GAMES than see it.  Since I'm sure we will eventually watch the movie I'll skip the book then, at least until after I have seen the movie.
Dr Jane you must read the book. Interesting that you say you would wait to read the book till AFTER seeing the movie. Every other avid reader I know desperately wanted to read the book before seeing the movie. I would always rather read the book first.

I know, I'm somewhat strange that way.  When the book is better than the movie, which is usually the case, it doesn't take away from the book if I see the movie first.  The other way around can be more of a disappointment.  On the other hand, seeing the movie after reading the book I can fill Keith in on all the important bits that have been left out.

There are many books I simply don't want to revisit even though people rave about the film.  Sometimes when I know Keith will want to see the movie I skip the book. 

When do you plan to see the movie?  I'm curious what your reaction will be since you have read the book.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »

Jennifer:

Josh Hutcherson (Peeta) has had many leading roles in movies
Kicking & Screaming (2005), Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005), RV (2006), Bridge to Terabithia (2007), and Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008).The Kids Are All Right (2010), 

I expect he'll do a bang-up job in Hunger Games.

der Brucer

I know he has done other movies. But he physically does not look right for me. Peeta is such a vital role. Although many people i know who saw the movie said he was very good. I really hope so.

Sometimes, having seen the movie I can picture the actor in the book.  The other way around can be impossible.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

Nice the boys are have such a good time, not that I expected less now they are your boys.  Nice pics too.

If we were relly good parents, we'd take the blonds down today - with the temps in the mid-70s and a clear sky, the beach/boardwalk will probably be mobbed.

der Brucer

It's hard when you have so many dogs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2012, 03:07:57 PM »

Just had a lovelier than lovely telephonic conversation and, schedule permitting, it looks like we have Hal Linden for an Outside the Box episode.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »

Don't rain on my parade.

OK, will it make you feel better to remember she has to go home to that husband of hers?

She is Cleopatra, Queen of de Nial: he's not gay, he's not gay, he's . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

Bruce both Gina & Helene went to Hami. 
I just found it!  You worked with Helene at Wallich's Music Store.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:24:34 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »

Just had a lovelier than lovely telephonic conversation and, schedule permitting, it looks like we have Hal Linden for an Outside the Box episode.

:)

Jane

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »

I'm so stupid!  I returned a movie to the Redbox & forgot to take a new one.  All we have to watch are episodes of WAGON TRAIN. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »

Pretty cool, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2012, 04:11:23 PM »

Here's a video on the recording of the OBC of ONCE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xudehOT1ayE&feature=related

George

« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2012, 04:15:53 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2012, 04:17:26 PM »

Hey, here's something for you, Larry...the premiere of the revival of Jesus Christ Superstar was just last night and in the audience were Ron Raines and his daughter, Charlotte!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »

Sony's done a music video of "The Big Song" from "Once!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfeRdH4Q_sg&feature=relmfu

It's the finale version of the song with the entire cast performing the number. It'sso mbeautiful, it moves me to tears.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:51:43 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2012, 04:25:26 PM »

Hey, here's something for you, Larry...the premiere of the revival of Jesus Christ Superstar was just last night and in the audience were Ron Raines and his daughter, Charlotte!

I heard they were there last night.

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2012, 04:54:30 PM »

From Zack's reaction I think I would rather read HUNGER GAMES than see it.  Since I'm sure we will eventually watch the movie I'll skip the book then, at least until after I have seen the movie.
Dr Jane you must read the book. Interesting that you say you would wait to read the book till AFTER seeing the movie. Every other avid reader I know desperately wanted to read the book before seeing the movie. I would always rather read the book first.

I know, I'm somewhat strange that way.  When the book is better than the movie, which is usually the case, it doesn't take away from the book if I see the movie first.  The other way around can be more of a disappointment.  On the other hand, seeing the movie after reading the book I can fill Keith in on all the important bits that have been left out.

There are many books I simply don't want to revisit even though people rave about the film.  Sometimes when I know Keith will want to see the movie I skip the book. 

When do you plan to see the movie?  I'm curious what your reaction will be since you have read the book.
That is an interesting reason why you like to see the movies first. Sort of makes sense. I am supposed to see the movie on Tuesday. The thing is i haven't just read the book it is one of my favorites.

George

« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2012, 05:07:31 PM »

Well, I'm off.  I'm working concessions for a local production of Animal Farm.  A co-worker and several friends are in the show.  It sounds like it's going to be pretty good.

Be back later. :D

Danise

« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »

Evening all.  Well those famous HHW vibes did it again and saved me from what I thought would be done deal.  I am NOT going to HR!   YAY!!!!!!!!!     Any other time I wouldn't have minded but with the other things going on in my life, now is not the time to be moved into a situation where they are depending on me to be there every day--and that's what they wanted me to do.

I have several small procedures upcoming and if they need me to be at the house for any reason, I have GOT to be there.  i don't know the if or when exactly so that's why I didn't want to go to HR.

Thank you all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2012, 05:13:06 PM »

House up date.  I heard from the contractor and he said he has an AC guy and a plumber on board.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »

I'm so glad everything is ok with you DR Elmore!  You had me worried!

I hope DD Sherlock is ok.

Dear DerB, I know about squeakies.  Trust me.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »

I have been remiss in congratulating DR Cillaliz on her court victory and offering job vibes to DR Danise!

Thanks Ginny!

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2012, 05:32:30 PM »

Reviews are in for last night's midnight showing of HUNGER GAMES:

Betsy: 4.5
Zach:  3.5

On a scale of.....

Jane

« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »

The thing is i haven't just read the book it is one of my favorites.

No wonder you want me to read the book first.  I hope you are very happy with the movie.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »

I've never seen the show, but I deeply love a lot of the music.  Duncan's pop albums are gorgeous.  I perform some of his songs regularly at my gigs.

I had an onstage seat for the show on Broadway.  It was a cool experience and I'm glad I did it.  I liked a lot of the music but wasn't that keen on the show.  I have wanted to see it again from the audience.  I think I'd like it better from there.  I was a little more into the experience of being onstage and being a part of it than just watching the show

Jane

« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »

Evening all.  Well those famous HHW vibes did it again and saved me from what I thought would be done deal.  I am NOT going to HR!   YAY!!!!!!!!!     Any other time I wouldn't have minded but with the other things going on in my life, now is not the time to be moved into a situation where they are depending on me to be there every day--and that's what they wanted me to do.

You didn't say any other time you would have been "happy" to go to HR.  I'm glad you aren't missing out on something you wanted. 

Jane

« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »

House up date.  I heard from the contractor and he said he has an AC guy and a plumber on board.  :)

VIBES YOU WILL SOON HAVE THE REST OF THE CREW!!!

Jane

« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2012, 05:37:19 PM »

I'm so glad everything is ok with you DR Elmore!  You had me worried!

I hope DD Sherlock is ok.

Dear DerB, I know about squeakies.  Trust me.  :)

Thanks.  He perked up during his hike.  I think my tomorrow he will be back to normal.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up