Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH GEAR  (Read 22891 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:HIGH GEAR
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2005, 04:53:43 PM »

Yes, at 3 am this morning I was awakened by the loudest thunder and Brightest lightning I have seen in many years.  The storm had passed over by 3:30 am.....lots of branches and leaves down in the neighborhood.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2005, 04:55:07 PM »

Page Five....Dancing Trees!  ;D

td

• td
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2005, 05:02:17 PM »

Page Five....Dancing Trees!  ;D

Where are Tommy Sands, Annette and Ann Jillian when you NEED them?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2005, 05:35:13 PM »

Der B decided to pull out of Auntie Mame tonight, just wasn't feeling up to it.  Dang.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2005, 05:39:23 PM »

Today All Saints Sunday was celebrated in my church.  That is  when we announce the names of those that have been "called home" in the past year.  Derek Menzie was announced and prayed for.

Very touching.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2005, 05:40:37 PM »

Where are Tommy Sands, Annette and Ann Jillian when you NEED them?

And don't forget Kevin Corcoran.

DR td - yours (and DR MBARNUM's) is the ONLY feedback I EVER get from my Scarlet Street DVD Reviews....they seem to fall into a black hole.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2005, 05:41:20 PM »

DR SWW let me add my two cents worth about you teaching the class.   For what it's worth:  Do It!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2005, 05:41:52 PM »

Very touching.

Indeed, DR VIXMOM.  Indeed.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2005, 05:49:05 PM »

Vixmom, glad you are feeling better & didn’t catch The Vixter’s strep throat.
Good school years are extra nice after mediocre ones.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2005, 05:52:43 PM »

Well, I'm feeling a little blue this weekend, not really sure why.  I'm beginning to think that there is a hot fudge sundae in my very near future.  That has to cheer me up....I may even make it Dairy Queen instead of TCBY!

Jane

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2005, 05:58:06 PM »

Anakin's switch to the Dark Side was one of the things that surprised and delighted mke most about STAR WARS III. Done for a noble if misguided reason, it gave him a bit more honor to his eventual villainy. And, the ironic switch regarding HER death in childbirth was another nice surprise the film afforded.

I didn't find her death a nice surprise  ??? and maybe it gave him more honor but it didn’t make sense to me-not really sure I cared by then.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:05:30 PM by Jane »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2005, 06:06:03 PM »

TPunk has to go study psychotic and anxiety disorders.  What are we, chopped liver?  I think you can learn just as much about psychotic and anxiety disorders right here at haineshisway.com than in any book, don't you, dear readers?

All she needs to do to fully immerse herself in that is to read the postings to the internet of one Ford Thaxton.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2005, 06:07:16 PM »

I've spent a wonderful couple of hours re-watching "Hello, Dolly!"  

It gets better each time I view it.  Today, "The Waiter's Galop" caused me to break out in chills.  Brilliant choreography there.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2005, 06:07:56 PM »

There seems to be a bit of confusion here.

I have not been offered a teaching position.

Chef Charles suggested that it is something that I could do, if I wanted to.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2005, 06:10:09 PM »

I also re-watched the "Will and Grace" episode in which Mira Sorvino played Leo's ex-girlefirned who was invited to Leo's and Grace's for dinner along with Jack, Karen and Will.   It doesn't take long to discover that Mira's character is the only girl that Will ever slept with, and Grace's mania ensues.  It's my choice as the funniest episode of that series ever.

I say this, because this season's episodes have been, thus far, totally devoid of anything resembling comedy.  "Will and Grace," for all comedic intents and purposes", apparently ended last season.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2005, 06:11:54 PM »

DR S. Woody:  CONGRATULATIONS on having Chef Charles suggest you could be employable in a teaching position.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2005, 06:16:44 PM »

JRand-nice shot of the trees.

Cillializ, just don’t cheer up with too many treats.  I went on a junk food eating binge last week & became depressed.  I’m much better now.

Elmore I haven’t heard from Danise.  

« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:17:16 PM by Jane »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2005, 06:17:50 PM »

Dear BK: I read your column today and fully agreed with your assessment of "Revenge of the Sith."  Of course, I do admire both Star Wars I and II, but find the lack of engaging characters and "human" warmth a bit offputting compared to the earlier films (episodes 4 & 5).

But you needn't worry about being taken for Ebert and Roeper -- both of whom praised the wonderful "Batman Begins" to the skies, as did most other prominent critics.  

I enjoyed both that film and "ROTS" equally, but in different ways.

I do hope that doesn't make me a moron in your eyes.

;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:25:13 PM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2005, 06:20:02 PM »

There seems to be a bit of confusion here.

I have not been offered a teaching position.

Chef Charles suggested that it is something that I could do, if I wanted to.

Spoo!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2005, 06:25:08 PM »

Batman Begins had our undivided attention throughout the film, unlike Wallace & Gromit today.  Keith said he almost fell asleep.  It didn’t help there were problems with the projector forcing us to watch the pre-movie “slide show” over & over.  Then we watched a silly cartoon short about penguins & Christmas.  By the time the movie began we were ready to leave.  Thank goodness it’s a fairly short film.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2005, 06:25:25 PM »

I'm in the minority about Batman Begins, so I'm the moron.  I just found it a trial until he starts doing Batman stuff about seventy minutes into the film.  Then it's fine for about thirty minutes, then that awful Liam Neeson stuff comes back and I just was done.  For me the big sin was that the villain kept changing every ten minutes.  First it was this person, then that person, then this person, and finally Liam Neeson coming back after you haven't even seen him for an hour.  

But, what do I know - most people loved it and bought it, and that, of course, is what makes horse racing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2005, 06:25:27 PM »

Cillializ, just don’t cheer up with too many treats.  I went on a junk food eating binge last week & became depressed.  I’m much better now.

Is there such a thing as too many treats?  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2005, 06:27:20 PM »

So far I've watched two motion pictures on DVD.

Checked out Wizard of Oz - not really the revelation I've been reading about - maybe 10 to 20 percent better than the last excellent DVD - still, nice to have it looking so sharp and clean.

Checked out the new Titanic DVD - it looks MUCH better than the previous release.

Now I have to decide if it's a Japanese samurai film (I have three to choose from) or something else.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2005, 06:28:55 PM »

I'm very much looking forward to the Spielberg DVD of "The War of the Worlds" due out in a week or so.

I saw this in a theater and was blown away by it.  

I reviewed the CD at Amazon.com, which included an overview of the film.

If you're interested, check it out at the bottom of the page at this URL:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009A3ZZI/qid=1131330444/sr=8-10/ref=pd_bbs_10/104-3426036-2924733?v=glance&s=music&n=507846
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:31:01 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2005, 06:29:46 PM »

Td did you choose the readings for your father today?  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2005, 06:33:04 PM »

Checked out Wizard of Oz - not really the revelation I've been reading about - maybe 10 to 20 percent better than the last excellent DVD - still, nice to have it looking so sharp and clean.

Next time you feel like popping it in, pay attention to those Ruby Slippers...they sparkle like never before, all through the film.  At least, it's the first time I've ever noticed them glittering so brightly.

:D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:33:25 PM by Ron Pulliam »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2005, 06:36:35 PM »

Checked out the new Titanic DVD - it looks MUCH better than the previous release.

Now I have to decide if it's a Japanese samurai film (I have three to choose from) or something else.
Titanic is a Japanese samurai film?  Who knew!

(Maybe DR Charles Pogue would have liked it better if it had been!   ;D)

Jane

« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2005, 06:44:19 PM »

I'm getting a lot of red x's and no photos.  Maybe the photos will return before I do-'night.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2005, 06:48:19 PM »

I didn't leave yet.  LOL, the x was only a happy face.

Yes Cillaliz, there can be too many sweets when one is on a binge.  ::)

Danise

« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2005, 06:53:41 PM »

Hi folks,

Sorry I haven’t posted.  It’s been one of those weeks.  Lot’s of stuff going on.   Some good, some not so good.   I won’t bore you with details.

Blame Jrand.  His scary e-mail frightened me so badly I couldn't go near the computer!   ;)

I’m sorry I didn’t have time to burn the CD’s this weekend like I planned.  With this being a four day work week (Thank the Gods!) I hope to be able to do them on Friday then mail them out on Saturday.  

I’ll have to catch up on posts and vibes and everything when I get the chance.

I did see your talking about the last Star Wars movie.  I still have a very hard time with it.  The greater good would forgive, no matter what.  You don’t cut someone’s arm and legs off, let them catch fire and then just coldly walk away.  At least, not in my book.  

Sorry that this is short but it’s already past bedtime and I’m so tired I can barely keep my eyes open.  
 :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up