Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DROP THAT NAME  (Read 12208 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: DROP THAT NAME
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2010, 03:39:11 PM »

Now I'm cleaning my car out and getting ready for Mamasaurus and her other half to arrive in the AM and then...NY! I think we'll do the Empire State Building tomorrow because it's supposed to rain on Thursday.

They want to be tourists and do the Grayline, and not a whole lot of walking, so I will have to plan our itinerary carefully. I bought a Droid phone today which I hope will help me in planning our activities. If I can figure out how to work it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2010, 03:39:44 PM »

Hey, hey---page 4!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2010, 03:41:03 PM »

Since then, I've been taking care of emails and rescheduling my week. I'm sure the keg is healing nicely...

I knew about Larry's ailing KNEE, but I didn't realize the KEG was injured as well!! Oh, dear!  ;)

The keg is empty!

The doctor thinks my leg will be fine and I will not become a gimp. She also froze five areas of skin on my arms, hands and knee that she thought were looking ominously pre-cancerous. I walked home from the doctor to test myself and I don't feel bad at all at the moment. I'll have a salad very shortly.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2010, 03:43:18 PM »

So, who besides Ben and Ant is coming to JEWS AND BASEBALL? I'm thinking we will go to Good Stuff Diner from around 8:30 to 10 or so...that's my plan right now!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »

I can't begin to tackle DROP THAT NAME!  LOL......

Yes DR TCB, I have put away my comb.

I apologize Jrand, I was trying to be a smart ass, but instead it came out mean-spirited.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »

One of my old Bi-Mart coworkers found me on Facebook. Hadn't seen her since the 1980s when she moved to Alaska and wondered what had become of her. And what is quite coincidental is that just the other day I was  thinking about her and wondering what she was doing now (and also trying to remember her last name).

Is Bi-Mart for
Are we Republican yet?

I did my best to not make that happen...

Et moi aussi! Some idiot on local news said she was voting Republican since Obama had done nothing in two years and she wanted to see how the Republicans would do. I wanted to yell, you stupid fool, Obama's had two years to correct what the Republicans did in eight including an expensive and needless war! We have such short memories. I think it's the stupidity of the collective American populace that depresses me the most.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »

So, who besides Ben and Ant is coming to JEWS AND BASEBALL? I'm thinking we will go to Good Stuff Diner from around 8:30 to 10 or so...that's my plan right now!

I may show up.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »

TOD:

Original for Screen:

BLONDIE GOES LATIN (1941)

SUMMER STOCK (1950)

From Broadway:

FLOWER DRUM SONG

Are we sure he isn't an alien?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »

I can't begin to tackle DROP THAT NAME!  LOL......

Yes DR TCB, I have put away my comb.

I apologize Jrand, I was trying to be a smart ass, but instead it came out mean-spirited.

Something else we have in common, DR TCB!

td

• td
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2010, 03:47:38 PM »

TOD:

I saw THE SOUND OF MUSIC eleven times in theaters in its first run.  The first time I saw it was from the top row of the balcony of The Nixon Theater in downtown Pittsburgh.  I fell in love with it then, and my love and admiration for it has never died.  (Until I saw the restored LAWRENCE OF ARABIA on the big screen in all its 70mm glory, TSOM was my favorite film).

Original Film Musicals:
SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
THE BANDWAGON
SWING TIME

Stage to Screen:
FINIAN'S RAINBOW
DREAMGIRLS
WEST SIDE STORY
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
MAMMA MIA!  (Guilty pleasure, to be sure).
PAINT YOUR WAGON

WORST:
A CHORUS LINE
LOST HORIZON
GREASE
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2010, 03:47:42 PM »

TOD:

Original for Screen:

BLONDIE GOES LATIN (1941)

SUMMER STOCK (1950)

From Broadway:

FLOWER DRUM SONG

Are we sure he isn't an alien?

Just really really odd.

Ben

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2010, 03:49:27 PM »

I may show up.

We will be going to the 6:30 show.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »

I also love SCROOGE, WEST SIDE STORY, THE MUSIC MAN, CABARET, CHICAGO and SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS.

I would almost have to consider the movie-version of CABARET to be an original movie musical.  It really isn't the same as the Broadway musical.  Too bad.   I really liked the original stage musical.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »

Are we Republican yet?

So did I and I did what I could to keep John Boehner from becoming Speaker of the House - yes, we live in his district  :P
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »

Here is my attempt for Drop That Name

Juan  Williams, David Yazbeck
, Celine Dion, Barney Frank, 
Sarah Palin, Heidi Klum

Helen Mirren and Vivian Vance and Jack Palance and Liza Minelli
Justin Long and B.D. Wong, Brenda Lee Strong, the rapper  R Kelly
Diane Schurr and Raymond Burr and Judy Garland
Francesco Quinn ............And Rin Tin Tin!

Nathan Lane and David Blaine and Judy Dench
Errol Flynn and Alex Baldwin, Johnny Bench
Michael Caine and Thomas Jane and Courtney Cox
Christopher Lee.............And Rin Tin Tee!

Sally Fields and Cheryl Teigs, Edvard Grieg and Portia and Ellen
John Hall and Lauren Bacall, Cindy Williams, Max Reddy and Helen
Brad Pitt and Eartha Kitt and Elaine Stritch
Jessie Lang ............And Ran Tan Tang!

Judy Kaye...... Rin Tin Taye
Michael Bay..... Ben Hay Hay
Jason Graae.... Rah Taw Taw!
Shirley Bassey.... Lassie!

That's the way you play the game
Drop that name!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:05:39 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »

One of my old Bi-Mart coworkers found me on Facebook. Hadn't seen her since the 1980s when she moved to Alaska and wondered what had become of her. And what is quite coincidental is that just the other day I was  thinking about her and wondering what she was doing now (and also trying to remember her last name).

Is Bi-Mart for
Are we Republican yet?

Et moi aussi! Some idiot on local news said she was voting Republican since Obama had done nothing in two years and she wanted to see how the Republicans would do. I wanted to yell, you stupid fool, Obama's had two years to correct what the Republicans did in eight including an expensive and needless war! We have such short memories. I think it's the stupidity of the collective American populace that depresses me the most.

Oh but he didn't keep his promise about "CHANGE" when he put Bernanke in place.  People are unhappy the economic situation has only gotten worse.   

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2010, 04:06:15 PM »

Is Bi-Mart for
Are we Republican yet?

Oh but he didn't keep his promise about "CHANGE" when he put Bernanke in place.  People are unhappy the economic situation has only gotten worse.   

I guess we know how you voted! ;)

I can't say that I'm happy with what's gone on in the administration for the past two years, but I know that I didn't like what went on for the eight years before that. As long as the Republicans are run by people like Sarah Palin, the religious right, bigots, hypocrites, and fools, I don't want them in power to threaten my existence, yours, freedom of speech, and equal rights.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:27:13 PM by elmore3003 »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2010, 04:08:27 PM »

Is Bi-Mart for
Are we Republican yet?

Staying away from the political portions of your post, I do have to agree with you on the stupidity of the American populace.  In the last few weeks I have been stunned by some of the sound bites I have heard from supposedly educated people.  And their vote counts just as much as mine!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »

DR Cillaliz, I've never had a cat before and I still don't find 3 cats a lot.  I would think that many people that have cats would have at least 2. So one more does not seem like a lot at all.

That's how I feel and having three is really quite wonderful.  Last night before going to bed we played "taking turns at playing with the cat dancer toy"  Ricky did better at it than I thought he would and Boo got to play a little.  this morning I woke up and there were 2 cats on the foot of bed.  Ricky on one side and Boo on the other.  Boo didn't hiss until it was clear I was awake.  Pretty funny.   Tonight when I came home and went to give Boo a kiss in the head I noticed the faint scent of sulfur....lol,  they are getting a long much better than I ever dreamed they would.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." --  Dan Quayle

LOL< well he's right

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:20 PM »

Here is my attempt for Drop That Name

Juan  Williams, David Yazbeck
, Celine Dion, Barney Frank, 
Sarah Palin, Heidi Klum

Helen Mirren and Vivian Vance and Jack Palance and Liza Minelli
Justin Long and B.D. Wong, Brenda Lee Strong, the rapper  R Kelly
Diane Schurr and Raymond Burr and Judy Garland
Francesco Quinn ............And Rin Tin Tin!

Nathan Lane and David Blaine and Judy Dench
Errol Flynn and Alex Baldwin, Johnny Bench
Michael Caine and Thomas Jane and Courtney Cox
Christopher Lee.............And Rin Tin Tee!

Sally Fields and Cheryl Teigs, Edvard Grieg and Portia and Ellen
John Hall and Lauren Bacall, Cindy Williams, Max Reddy and Helen
Brad Pitt and Eartha Kitt and Elaine Stritch
Jessie Lang ............And Ran Tan Tang!

Judy Kaye...... Rin Tin Taye
Michael Bay..... Ben Hay Hay
Jason Graae.... Rah Taw Taw!
Shirley Bassey.... Lassie!

That's the way you play the game
Drop that name!

Nice job, Michael.

“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:35 PM »

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." --  Dan Quayle

LOL< well he's right

If he wrote that, then yes.  But if someone were quoting something he said, it might be that the writer got it wrong. How would we know he didn't say "Poles" instead of "polls"?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »

Cilla you need this t-shirt: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KWtW7djLun4J:www.zazzle.com.au/one_can_never_have_too_many_cats_tshirt-235196702591382683+t-shirt+%22you+can+never+have+too+many+cats%22&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

I was looking for the shirt Keith got me after I got our 3rd & 4th cat. It was the same saying with a couch covered in cats.  Though I admit after having four cats I suggest to people they stop at three.

Try reminding the folks with four children you are rescuing, not adding to overpopulation ;)

Good news about Callie. 

I was thinking the other day how not having children and rescuing animals instead is really good for the environment.  Cats use a lot less energy over their life spans than children do ;) 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2010, 04:39:40 PM »

LOL< well he's right

Don't encourage the man.  He might decide to run again.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »

Cilla you need this t-shirt: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KWtW7djLun4J:www.zazzle.com.au/one_can_never_have_too_many_cats_tshirt-235196702591382683+t-shirt+%22you+can+never+have+too+many+cats%22&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

I was looking for the shirt Keith got me after I got our 3rd & 4th cat. It was the same saying with a couch covered in cats.  Though I admit after having four cats I suggest to people they stop at three.

Try reminding the folks with four children you are rescuing, not adding to overpopulation ;)

Good news about Callie. 

I was thinking the other day how not having children and rescuing animals instead is really good for the environment.  Cats use a lot less energy over their life spans than children do ;) 

And you will never have a cat that is upset about not going to college.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »

It's warm here. And I just caught and tagged a male monarch that has been hanging around my backyard for the last week. He was FAST -- until that last time I swung my net at him.

You make it sound like you really nailed him!  I hope he can still fly

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »

I am very concerned about the retention vote for 3 of our state supreme court justices.  There has been a very well funded campaign to vote no to retention based on the ruling that made gay marriage legal in Iowa.  The late polls are leaning toward not retaining the judges.  We really don't know what's going to happen.  There are a total of 37 other judges up for retention (they are appointed and then we vote to retain every so often)  if they vote down the line...it will be chaos.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2010, 04:55:07 PM »

Good Evening!

Just breathe...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »

Our other races, I voted against Grassley, but he's leading Roxanne Conlin by a ton in the polls and it's pretty much a given he'll win.   I also did my best and voted against Steve King.  He's such a nightmare and I'm really ashamed he's my representative.  The guy running aginst him is kind of a dweeb and I doubt King will lose his seat either.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2010, 04:55:43 PM »

Oh, I guess that was a quote from In the Heights. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up