Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: YOUR STUNT C**K IS HERE  (Read 21018 times)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
Re: YOUR STUNT C**K IS HERE
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »

Only had time to read posts really really fast.

Must go.

The jeans ad - tacky.   Their ads always have been.  Even as a teenager I thought they were in poor taste.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »

Good Evening!

It was sunny.  THen it was cloudy.  Then it rained.  Then is rained A LOT.  Then it stopped.  And then the sun came out again - today, not tomorrow.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »

Thank you, DRs George and Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »

And this is posted for what reason?

For the reason that it is a controversial newstory which is getting lots of "air play"; and some folks are suggesting that it is emblematic of NYC values.

der Brucer

There are "worse" ads/billboards in NYC.  And, in fact, that Calvin Klein ad just happens to be doors down from the SoHo location of American Apparel - which has certainly not been known for their "family friendly" ads.

I guess it must be a slow news day.  I mean, that "story" popped up on Gawker.com this morning - and then was picked up by some of the "major" news outlets...

Now how about the whole Sarah Palin v. David Letterman "feud"? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »

DR Elmore - thank you for checking on DR DakotaCelt.  I'd been concerned about her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »

Sidney was also safe from the boa constrictor?

Well, we did try to keep some separation. Actually Sidney was purchased as a baby for Fred's dinner, but Fred wasn't hungry. We took the rat out of the cage for fear it would bite the disinterested snake. Naturally, my daughter immediately adopted him as a pet and would not hear of us putting him back in the cage. Sidney grew to a right good size, probably too big for Fred. Although stone blind, Sidney was bright, curious, and very affectionate. He knew how to get out of his cage and follow baseboards from room to room. Once in our bedroom, he made a dash under the covers at the foot of the bed and scampered up my body to find a spot on the pillow nestled in the crook of my neck. You know you are living in a surrealist world when your midnight reaction to tiny feet scampering over your body is just a "Ho, Hum - it's only Sidney").

der Brucer

Note - the first few times Sidney pulled that stunt, my reactions were NOT "Ho Hum"! And I never really got used to Fred crawling up my pants leg.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:45:16 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »

Someone just came by to look at the apartment... And it turns out that they have a friend who's also looking for an apartment... So...

<fingers crossed>

<knock wood>

etc., etc., etc....

*Note to DR MBarnum - They're both Indian.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »

Sidney was also safe from the boa constrictor?

Note - the first few times Sidney pulled that stunt, my reactions were NOT "Ho Hum"! And I never really got used to Fred crawling up my pants leg.

;D   I remember the first time Bryan's Sugar Glider climbed inside the arm of my pajama top while I was sleeping-lol.  At least it could glide when I sent it flying. 

I love the story. 

DERBRUCER

« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2009, 05:59:56 PM »

Once it came out that the daughter in question was 14 year old Willow and not 18 year old Bristol, Dave was dead meat!

Palin's getting sympathetic press, and Letterman is coming off as a defensive jerk.

Match Point - Palin

der Brucer

If Letterman can make "slutty stewardess " cracks about Palin, I guess "Cotton-picker " fashion cracks about the Obamas are fair game.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »

I love the story. 

The things we endure in the name of parenting!

der Brucer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »

Welcome to Big Apple family values:

der Brucer

And this is posted for what reason? I don't connect Calvin Klein's psychosexual hangups, which his ads imply are many, or his taste, which is poor, with my Big apple family values in the least.

Says the guy who keeps "little brother" MBarnum on the fire escape when he visits.  ;)

If Mikey were my "little brother" I would be a single child by now. Who said he was a part of my family values?

He did.   Repeatedly.  ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »

Once it came out that the daughter in question was 14 year old Willow and not 18 year old Bristol, Dave was dead meat!

Palin's getting sympathetic press, and Letterman is coming off as a defensive jerk.

Match Point - Palin

der Brucer

If Letterman can make "slutty stewardess " cracks about Palin, I guess "Cotton-picker " fashion cracks about the Obamas are fair game.

Well, there was that "monkey's ancestor" "remark" on that Gentleman(?) from South Carolina's Facebook page in reference to Michelle Obama... UGH!

And as for Palin V. Letterman... She just needs to start talking about the bigger picture - which could entail that Calvin Klein ad that was posted and referred to earlier. But, alas, as long The Press continues to cover the issue, well...

I'm still catching up on the whole CNN mess in regards to their lack of coverage of the situation in Iran.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »

And I believe both rooms haz been spoken for!!!!

I should have checks in hand tomorrow morning!  :) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11:20 PM »

And speaking of the situation in Iran...

It seems that Twitter is having quite the banner week.  They're the cover story of this week's "Time" magazine.  The "140 Conference" is taking place here in NYC tomorrow and Wednesday.  And since Twitter has been a "critical" and "crucial" communication tool among Iranians and those covering the protests, Twitter re-scheduled their scheduled down-time tonight in order not to break the lines of communication in Iran.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2009, 06:12:08 PM »

Great apartment news, DR Jose!

Kerry

« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »

TCB it is my dream also to sail to England on Cunard.

Well, Ben, please win the Lotto and we can go together!

I was lucky enough to take the North Atlantic crossing on the QE2 some years ago, so I think I should go along with you guys and be your guide and faithful companion.

;)
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »

I was lucky enough to take the North Atlantic crossing on the QE2 some years ago, so I think I should go along with you guys and be your guide and faithful companion.

;)

And I should go along as the Official Taster!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »

...And I never really got used to Fred crawling up my pants leg.
Skip will be so glad to hear that.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »

That was wise & nice of Twitter.

As for Letterman I think he should have apologized no matter which daughter the joke was about.  After all Bristol was 17 when she got "knocked up".  Even if she was 18 the joke was inappropriate.  As far as I know Alex Rodriguez is keeping quiet regarding.  Palin made her point and now I think she should be quiet on the subject.

Jane

« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »

Great news DR Jose!!  Vibes you have checks tomorrow & your new roommates are neat, considerate & very nice people.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2009, 06:27:08 PM »

Great apartment news, DR Jose!

It is indeed, DR Ginny!

It's sort of funny how this all worked out.  I had a couple of responses to the original ad a few weeks ago, and even set up some times for people to look at the apartment.  However, none(!) of them bothered to show up to look at the apartment, nor did they call to cancel or say that they weren't going to show up.

Last night, I got an email from someone who happened to be helping her younger brother find a place in the City.  We set everything up last night via email between 10:00-11:00pm.  They showed up right on time about an hour ago, and as soon as they walked in, I could tell they wanted to take the apartment.  And, apparently, my intuition was right!  It turned out that one of their friends has also been looking for a new place to live... She went outside to make some phone calls while I talked with her brother... A few minutes later she came back, and said, "So, what do we need to do to move in?"...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2009, 06:27:24 PM »

UP was cute.  The part that made me gasp out loud was when the young Ellie tells the young Carl how she got the picture of Paradise Falls for her scrapbook.  The scrapbook also made me cry, when the elder Carl finally looks all the way through it.  The credits were very clever.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:13 PM »

That was wise & nice of Twitter.

As for Letterman I think he should have apologized no matter which daughter the joke was about.  After all Bristol was 17 when she got "knocked up".  Even if she was 18 the joke was inappropriate.  As far as I know Alex Rodriguez is keeping quiet regarding.  Palin made her point and now I think she should be quiet on the subject.

David Letterman did apologize for his "tasteless comment".  In fact, he devoted a whole segment to his apology.

But then came Sarah Palin's interview on "The Today Show" with Matt Lauer... And on... And on... And on...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »

Congrats to Rev Dr. Richard and BFA Mary Linda!! 

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »

VIBES TO FIRST NUDIES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »

Today was my first Removal Hearing for an immigration case.   I am very pleased to say  WE WON!!! Now my client will not be deported to Vietnam and will be issued a green card.  She was VERY relieved.  I am happy for her

Ginny

« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »

Congrats to Rev Dr. Richard and BFA Mary Linda!! 

Thanks, DR Cillaliz!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2009, 06:43:15 PM »

Match Point - Palin

der Brucer

derBrucer, please explain to me how a feud between David Letterman and Sarah Palin gives anyone the right to make offensive jokes or comments about the President of the United States and his family?  I guess I missed the connection.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »

Congrats to Jose on the new room mates! 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »

;)

Done!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up