Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS  (Read 71485 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2007, 08:56:19 AM »

I hpoe DtM is okay...

I agree Mbarmun, we need reviews... :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2007, 08:56:51 AM »

and that got us to page 5!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2007, 08:57:35 AM »

Oh I remember what I was going to post...did anyone record the half dozen or so 1940s Columbia B musicals starring Ann Miller that played yesterday? My DVR picked up about 3 or 4 of them...they look like a lot of fun...lots of big band like Jan Garber, Kay Kyser, and the like are in them, also.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2007, 08:59:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: ANACREONTIC!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.
Listening to A CONCERTINA put Lassie, the bisexual CANINE ACTOR, in an ANACREONTIC mood.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2007, 09:01:06 AM »

[size=20]Happy
Birthday
TCB!

CHEERS!!!
[/size]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 09:01:51 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Miss Karen

« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2007, 09:02:03 AM »

I slept okay - terribly uncomfortable bed unless you're the mother in Barefoot In The Park.  Shaving was interesting - the tiniest sink I've ever seen, ten minutes to get hot water, and almost impossible to get your face down there for rinsing.  Should you turn around suddenly, you conceivably could fall into the toilet.

Don't fall in the toilet vibes to our Grand Pooh-Pah!

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2007, 09:07:01 AM »

Sheesh, what was I thinking, asking to move my workspace?  And how have I accumulated so much stuff in the 7 years or so that I've occupied this little corner?

Going through files and pitching a lot of stuff has demonstrated to me how much my job has changed in the 10 years I've worked at this particular library.  And how much libraries and information-seeking have changed overall.

Thanks to DRs JRand and DakotaCelt for the congrats!

Lunch break!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Miss Karen

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happiest of Birthdays to DR TCB!!![/move][/color]

DITTO!  And might I add, "And Many More!" (in a singing voice)  

And lots of healthy vibes thrown in for good measure!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2007, 09:09:27 AM »

...and your post reminds me I have to make a piano reduction for him.
The best way, of course, is to start with a very good piano stock, and let it simmer on low for an hour or two.  Don't salt the stock, or it will be too salty when it is fully reduced.

;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2007, 09:09:38 AM »

Need to head off to work... Have a great day!

FJL

« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2007, 09:09:54 AM »

Jrand, you were about 15 years younger when my avatar was taken as well - or was it 17 years younger?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2007, 09:13:27 AM »

TOD:

The following tales have been told:...

...And, of course, the wonderful tales of Bonnie and Clyde (now Buster).

der Brucer
For those tails/tales, our DRs who weren't around at that point will have to go back to September/October of 2003, I believe.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2007, 09:16:06 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=10]HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO THAT OLD SEASONED RAKE, TCB!!!![/size][/move]

Having broken my collar bone and torn/chipped my rotator cuff, I know what you're going through.  Speedy recovery.

Re:  Barefoot in the Park.  I probably shouldn't admit this, but the exteriors for the film apartment were done at another building my Uncles owned (pre-renovation, as you may have guessed).

Re:  dog stories.  So many wonderful dogs, so little time.  Among my favorites--my childhood Basset Hound had a reaction to one of her puppy innoculations and her face swelled up in a bizarre fashion (think "Elephant dog", as it were).  I was maybe 4 or 5, playing with my toy soldiers on the floor when I suddenly heard both my older sisters screaming hysterically.  When I went in their room, they were both cowering on the bed, with swollen Happy just sitting there looking at them in that typically forlorn Basset fashion.

More recently (as I think we reported here), we discovered that BeeGee, who is not an outdoor dog, simply "stands up" and rings the doorbell if we leave him out too long.  :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 09:17:27 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Miss Karen

« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2007, 09:17:34 AM »

Don't you folks be worrying about BJ -- he can handle NYC .. and JaJoCocoa Mocha!

BJJJ and C -- or BJ, Jo-Jo, Jasmine and Cocao (the three musketeers may have just become the four musketeers -- unless bk keeps BJ and Cocoa in rehearsals 24/7)

singdaw

« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2007, 09:17:38 AM »

Has anyone yet tried to phone DanTheMan?

I sent a card to his home yesterday.  Although I have his home number, I wasn't sure if it was too intrusive to call...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2007, 09:18:24 AM »

Listening to A CONCERTINA put Lassie, the bisexual CANINE ACTOR, in an ANACREONTIC mood.

Lassie was bisexual????

Who knew?  ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2007, 09:18:44 AM »

...I also now seem to recall another dog.  Something brown.  ??? ...

The dog, or on the lawn?

:P

singdaw

« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2007, 09:20:47 AM »

DR Ginny:  ***MOVING DAY VIBES*** to you!  :)

Your post made me mindful of all the issues that libraries face, now that the pace of media and formatting changes has accelerated so quickly.  It's quite a dilemma, really...

Miss Karen

« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2007, 09:26:54 AM »

*gack!* (just saw the time -- and I'm already sooo behind in the day's tasks).  The new theatre floor is complete (yeaaaaa!) and now it's set/prop moving day -- get to move it all back from our off site location and get it all set up before rehearsal tonight (*gack!*).  I have this feeling I may be most errant and truant.... Bye!

singdaw

« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2007, 09:28:47 AM »

The banner ad for The Brain over at "All That Chat" has been updated to include: Coming to NYMF SEP 20-30.

Yea!  :)

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2007, 09:29:31 AM »

DR Ginny:  ***MOVING DAY VIBES*** to you!  :)

Your post made me mindful of all the issues that libraries face, now that the pace of media and formatting changes has accelerated so quickly.  It's quite a dilemma, really...

The timing of this reflection is perfect, because this afternoon I'm attending a 3-hour staff-input session for our library's latest strategic plan.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2007, 09:33:35 AM »

Don't remind me, DR RLP!!!

But it's pressing on my mind!  I have another one coming along, too.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »

The dog, or on the lawn?

:P

Or something "upon" the lawn?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2007, 09:37:55 AM »

That post of DR Ron Pulliam's serves double doody.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »

That post of DR Ron Pulliam's serves double doody.

Woof.

singdaw

« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »

A shaggy dog story...

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 10:04:14 AM by singdaw »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »

A story about someone not pooper-scooping in his front yard.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2007, 10:05:49 AM »

I have this feeling I may be most errant and truant.... Bye!

You remind me of Tootie in "Meet Me in St. Louis":

"I'm the most horrible!"

singdaw

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2007, 10:06:56 AM »

Never has there been a tale of more woe
That that of this shaggy dog and his doody. Oh.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »

Der Brucer has just stepped out of the shower (woo-hoo!!!), which means we're about to head out for his checkup, where the doctor will tell him "Well, I still can't figure out why, but you're alive, so you might as well get used to it."

Vibage to everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up