Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS  (Read 71486 times)

singdaw

Re:THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »

***GOOD CHECK-UP VIBAGE***[/size][/color]
to DR der Brucer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »

Happy B-day, DR TCB.

Good first music rehearsal vibes to the "Brain" gang in NYC today.

DR Jose, have a great time at Mary Poppins you must report back as to what the orchestration is like and what part you will be playing and what the part is like.

Saw Avenue Q yesterday in SF. Still the same fantastically creative piece of theatre I saw in NYC.  I must say, seeing this show on a Wednesday matinee with an audience of an "older" crowd was quite interesting.  You never knew if they were really offended, embarassed, or just afraid to let go and laugh.  The cast was fantastic.  The guy playing Brian (who's name is Cole Porter, how could you forget that) was the weakest link.  Basically phone is part in and looked really bored.  I might try to go again before it leaves on Sept. 2.  Trying to get the DP to go.  SInce we saw it together in NYC he doesn't feel like he needs to see something twice.  I'll keep working on it.

Jason

« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2007, 10:43:26 AM »

Happy B-day, DR TCB.

Good first music rehearsal vibes to the "Brain" gang in NYC today.

DR Jose, have a great time at Mary Poppins you must report back as to what the orchestration is like and what part you will be playing and what the part is like.

Saw Avenue Q yesterday in SF. Still the same fantastically creative piece of theatre I saw in NYC.  I must say, seeing this show on a Wednesday matinee with an audience of an "older" crowd was quite interesting.  You never knew if they were really offended, embarassed, or just afraid to let go and laugh.  The cast was fantastic.  The guy playing Brian (who's name is Cole Porter, how could you forget that) was the weakest link.  Basically phone is part in and looked really bored.  I might try to go again before it leaves on Sept. 2.  Trying to get the DP to go.  SInce we saw it together in NYC he doesn't feel like he needs to see something twice.  I'll keep working on it.

Matthew: Thanks for the Q tour report! Christian, who's playing Trekkie/Nicky, did the B'way production before going on tour (his wife and daughter live in California, so he's doing the CA leg of the tour) and will be returning to New York in October, I think. I really like him in the show. I don't know Cole Porter personally, but I've heard lots about him through my very good friend, Amy, who is the merch manager for the tour. If you do see the show again, find Amy and tell her that Bratwurst sends his love. She'll fall over on the floor! :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 10:44:20 AM by Jason »

singdaw

« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »

tell her that Bratwurst sends his love.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Jason

« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2007, 10:55:30 AM »

I watched "The Closer" On Demand last night. Another very good episode. I really enjoy that show! I must check into getting the first two seasons on DVD...

After "The Closer," I turned off the TV and got to reading. I lost track of time, and at 4:00 I put down the book and took my shower. I now only have 150 pages to go on my Patricia Highsmith collection and then it goes back to the library.

What should I read next? I'm still on a classics kick. I'm thinking maybe some Jane Austen - I've never read any of her work - or perhaps some Edith Wharton. I dunno... There again, I've also been thinking of starting up "Gulliver's Travels," which I have on my shelf, but have never read. Same goes for "The Wind in the Willows." Gosh! So many choices!!

I'm also happy to report that I just got a call from TheatreWorks USA... I have an appointment for 9/7/07 to audition for their upcoming tour of A CHRISTMAS CAROL. They've been seeing me an awful lot lately...maybe fifth time's the charm...?? :)

And who is this Benjamin/BJ person? Did I miss something?

Jason

« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2007, 10:56:08 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
:-X

singdaw

« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2007, 11:00:02 AM »

Benjamin "BJ" Clark is re-creating his role in The Brain from LA as Narrator/Professor Leder.  I'm not positive, but I think he and DR Cason are roomies in the sub-let.

Jason

« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2007, 11:01:16 AM »

Benjamin "BJ" Clark is re-creating his role in The Brain from LA as Narrator/Professor Leder.  I'm not positive, but I think he and DR Cason are roomies in the sub-let.

I see, said the blind man...

singdaw

« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2007, 11:02:19 AM »

I'm psyched about seeing a display of "Kimmel hands" live!   :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2007, 11:05:41 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from the end of my lunch break.

That is all.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2007, 11:06:10 AM »

Dr JRand - Just in case you should happen to receive some mail from me today - The other name is Michael Gorman.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2007, 11:06:33 AM »

And now, it's back to the Jasmine and Aladdin Factory...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »

DR Matthew - I'll be covering Keyboard 2 (out of two keyboards).  Both books are filled(!) with notes, and a lot of the subs around town are calling them "The Concerto Books", so... It's a big orchestra.  I'm not sure how many pieces, but at least 20 pieces.

*And one thing I haven't mentioned publicly yet - mainly because it's all still speculation - but the Keyboard 2 player is also the Associate Conductor's chair, so...  Just sayin'.  :D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2007, 11:09:15 AM »

OK...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2007, 11:11:57 AM »

*And one thing I haven't mentioned publicly yet - mainly because it's all still speculation - but the Keyboard 2 player is also the Associate Conductor's chair, so...  Just sayin'.  :D

Doesn't that mean that the Associate Conductor plays the keyboard 2 part and when the conductor isn't there, he moves up to conduct the show and a sub comes in to cover his part?  I'm just sayin....  :P

singdaw

« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2007, 11:14:02 AM »

DR JoseSPiano conducting on Broadway?

That's what I'm talking about, baby!

:)

Jason

« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2007, 11:14:44 AM »

Thank God he finally came out with it! I was afraid I might slip up and say something...

singdaw

« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »

Thank God he finally came out...

Umm...

:-X

;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »

DR JoseSPiano conducting on Broadway?

That's what I'm talking about, baby!

:)

CONGRATULATIONS (on the possibility)!!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2007, 11:32:31 AM »

DR Cillaliz re: your comments about dick (BIG BROTHER).

No disrespect to you, but i find your feelings to be pretty similar to most of America.  They like dick a lot, think he is funny.

I'm sorry but it just really bugs me.

Dick has not been accurately portrayed (or at least a ton of really bad stuff has been left out).

HE has threatened jen repeatedly (i do not find this funny). He threatened to rape and torture jen, dustin and carol.

It just disturbs me so much that he can abuse people and the general public does not get to see this. CBS has edited him like a fun hero. And it's just totally sick.

And i personally do not see how anybody could think jen is a crybaby.

She was abused and basically tortured.  Would you be able to not eat if you felt that bad.  The Diaryroom told her she could destroy dick's cigarettes. Yet when she did they gave him new ones. She felt (whether right or wrong) that they were lying to her. And that coupled with all the venom shot her way ... made her decide to screw with them.  I actually like jen the best of all the HGs. ANd think she is quite admirable for being able to take all dick's crap.

No disrespect taken at all.   I understand where you're coming from for the most part. How do you know the diary room told Jen she could destroy the cigarettes?  Did you see that or did Jen say that?  I haven't liked her from day one.  (No disrespect intended).  She tried more than once to get on this show and this isn't the first time there has been verbal abuse.   She agreed to the slop in order to get the veto and get herself off the block.  Sorry, but she broke the rule that she agreed to or she would have been gone a very long time ago.

She signed up for her 15 minutes of fame and thought the guys would all be in love with her and she would be the "sweetheart" of the house.  At least that's my take on it. She isn't. She should get over it and rather than making everyone hate her, play the stupid game and try to save your butt.  

This is a game. It's a game that is and always has been manipulated by the producers. The key to the game is to get the producers to want you to stay in it. There is nothing fair about it and there never has been. I like to watch something interesting and I think the final four of Dick, Danielle, Eric and Jessica would be very interesting.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2007, 11:32:51 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?  And no, I have no problems whatsoever with Miss Mayes - we're good pals and, if she weren't working and was right for this show, I'd use her in a second.  

Hmmm...then who were you referring to last night?  I wonder if this is the first person I was thinking of. :-\
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:34:40 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2007, 11:35:20 AM »

Even though it's not Wednesday I do want to ask Cil how things are in Sioux City. Every day this week there have been stories about the floods in the Midwest including southern Minnesota (I have no family there, everyone is in the suburbs of Minneapolis) and lots of areas in Iowa. I know you've been having lots of rain but are you in danger of flooding also? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm fine here.  My parents have some water in their basement, actually it could be more now, I haven't checked today and it rained and rained last night. We now have the wettest August on record which follows one of the driest Julys on record. What a mess.  I'm sure it will reek havoc on the crop yields. Neither is good for the corn and beans.

I have been very proud of my old house.  This morning it rained like crazy and other than a couple eaves I needed to unplug, there was no problem with drainage and no leaks.  Amazing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »

Happy8 Birthday TCB!!!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

DR "Larry" Elmore:

;D

LOL!

What did I do now????
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »

Gotta run...a detention hearing awaits me in federal court...well it awaits my client, actually, I shall not be detained unless I am very late!

Jennifer

« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2007, 11:50:25 AM »

RE: big brother

No disrespect taken at all.   I understand where you're coming from for the most part. How do you know the diary room told Jen she could destroy the cigarettes?  Did you see that or did Jen say that?  I haven't liked her from day one.  (No disrespect intended).

I guess we just see things totally differently. But i think part of it is that you are basing your opinions on what you are seeing on CBS.  And i am basing my opinions from the feeds.

I don't think that these two things are similar.  And i guess my original point is that i'm really disappointed that the producers have allowed their edit of the show to be totally different than what is really happening.

I believe jen mentioned that she had been allowed to destroy his cigarettes before and that she was told she could do so.  I have no reason not to take her word for it since it was clear that the reason she started eating was because she said she had been lied to.

She tried more than once to get on this show and this isn't the first time there has been verbal abuse.   She agreed to the slop in order to get the veto and get herself off the block.  Sorry, but she broke the rule that she agreed to or she would have been gone a very long time ago.

Why do you say she has tried to get on the show more than once? I have not read anything like that. In fact she said that she was asked to be on the show.

Yes she agreed to be on slop.  But she broke a rule and accepted the consequences (penalty nom). So i don't see why the others are so outraged.

In fact most of the reason she ate was because of what i wrote above (saying she'd been lied to) plus the fact that dick was abusing her.

re: verbal abuse.  I think it's okay to try to get in people's heads. But i think dick has crossed the line beyond what is acceptable. If you want to bang a pot over someone fine. But don't at the same time say you want to rape and torture that person.

I know most people don't know he did that. But i think the producers should not make him out to be a hero, when he's not.

It's gross and it really bothers me that America is cheering for someone who abuses and threatens a female and gay contestant. It's not right.

She signed up for her 15 minutes of fame and thought the guys would all be in love with her and she would be the "sweetheart" of the house.  At least that's my take on it. She isn't. She should get over it and rather than making everyone hate her, play the stupid game and try to save your butt.  

I really don't see that at all.  And i don't really get why everyone hates her. I think dick does because she said in the first show that she didn't want his ickness touching her. And that bent him out of shape. And dani doesn't like her because of nick.

But all i've seen is jen being nice to the others. And they (all of them) have been rotten to her.

I just can't understand why they are all cheering on the bully. It's made most of them turn into horrible people.

This is a game. It's a game that is and always has been manipulated by the producers. The key to the game is to get the producers to want you to stay in it. There is nothing fair about it and there never has been. I like to watch something interesting and I think the final four of Dick, Danielle, Eric and Jessica would be very interesting.  

It might be interesting i guess. Although i really do not want to see a dick and daniele F2. Don't care for her either.

I do find it odd though that they did not try to keep jen in the game. she is the 2nd most popular houseguest after dick. And surely the tension and fighting is good for ratings.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »

I slept okay - terribly uncomfortable bed unless you're the mother in Barefoot In The Park.  Shaving was interesting - the tiniest sink I've ever seen, ten minutes to get hot water, and almost impossible to get your face down there for rinsing.  Should you turn around suddenly, you conceivably could fall into the toilet.

Don't forget, had you ended up staying in the place Yonni had recomended(then screwed up), you would be in this place until Sept. 5th!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2007, 11:53:45 AM »

I watched "The Closer" On Demand last night. Another very good episode. I really enjoy that show! I must check into getting the first two seasons on DVD...

After "The Closer," I turned off the TV and got to reading. I lost track of time, and at 4:00 I put down the book and took my shower. I now only have 150 pages to go on my Patricia Highsmith collection and then it goes back to the library.

What should I read next? I'm still on a classics kick. I'm thinking maybe some Jane Austen - I've never read any of her work - or perhaps some Edith Wharton. I dunno... There again, I've also been thinking of starting up "Gulliver's Travels," which I have on my shelf, but have never read. Same goes for "The Wind in the Willows." Gosh! So many choices!!

I'm also happy to report that I just got a call from TheatreWorks USA... I have an appointment for 9/7/07 to audition for their upcoming tour of A CHRISTMAS CAROL. They've been seeing me an awful lot lately...maybe fifth time's the charm...?? :)

DR Jason, if you want to read Miss austen's great literature, I recommend beginning with PRIDE & PREJUDICE: the text sparkles and leaps wittily from phrase to phrase and situation to situation at great speed.  It's perhaps her most accessible and charming work and much more fun than SENSE & SENSIBILITY (the Emma Thompson film's a vast improvement).  After P& P, her masterpiece is PERSUASION, and I cannot recommend it highly enough: mature, melancholic, but she does give her heroine the happy ending she herself did not get if you've seen the film "Becoming Jane."  Miss Austen is to literature what Mozart is to music: a microcosm of the world in a small space covering all humanity within a classical balance of text and poetry.

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS jumps from farce to mysticism and back; a charming work with one of the greatest fictional characters: Mr Toad of Toad Hall.  How lucky you are to face such great works for the first time!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2007, 11:55:31 AM »

DR Matthew - I'll be covering Keyboard 2 (out of two keyboards).  Both books are filled(!) with notes, and a lot of the subs around town are calling them "The Concerto Books", so... It's a big orchestra.  I'm not sure how many pieces, but at least 20 pieces.

For a "big orchestra" it sounds amazingly tiny in the house with too many keyboards noodling away for no reason in particular except someone thinks it sounds good.  I didn't.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2007, 12:00:16 PM »

I'm psyched about seeing a display of "Kimmel hands" live!   :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up