Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS  (Read 71490 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2007, 12:08:15 PM »

If anyone is interested, click HERE to read what audience members are saying about the Seattle (prior to Broadway) production pf Young Frankenstein.  The newest ones are at the top.  Both positive and negative opinions have been posted.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2007, 12:40:18 PM »

If anyone is interested, click HERE to read what audience members are saying about the Seattle (prior to Broadway) production pf Young Frankenstein.  The newest ones are at the top.  Both positive and negative opinions have been posted.

DR George, is the show happening anywhere near you?  Are you going to be able to see it?

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:42 PM »

DR Jennifer -

I think I either read or saw on one of the summary things that Jen had tried to get on before.  I think the biggest turn offs were her shirts with the sayings and wasn't she the one who thought Nick should be in love with her or something like that?

I honestly believe that the people on BB are all trying for their 15 minutes of fame and hoping it will lead to a career.  Goofy idea if you ask me.  Dick and Danielle had both tried to get on before, too, so you have to wonder about the back story of not talking in however many years.  It's all rigged, but I don't think they pretend it isn't.

I think Dick is a welcome relief to the nonsense of the "nice" people winning in past seasons.  It's a cut throat game if it's played right. I want to see cut throat tactics, back dooring, setting people up, lying....yeah baby, that's what this game is about. And this Amber chick has got to go~!

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2007, 12:53:09 PM »

One for Der Brucer -

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070823/NATION/108230096/1001

Bush hit over jobs for illegal workers

If President Bush is serious about getting tough on U.S. employers who hire illegal aliens, he can start with his own administration, which employs thousands of unauthorized workers, says the top Republican on the House immigration subcommittee.

A 2006 audit showed federal, state and local governments are among the biggest employers of the half-million persons in the U.S. illegally using "non-work" Social Security numbers — numbers issued legally, but with specific instructions that the holders are not authorized to work in the U.S.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2007, 01:10:47 PM »

Twenty eight days and four hours until the NY premier of The Brain From Planet X!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2007, 01:12:29 PM »

DR George, is the show happening anywhere near you?  Are you going to be able to see it?

It's playing in Seattle and I live in Olympia, about 60 miles south.  I did see the show last Tuesday, the 14th.  I thought that it was very good. :D Check out my last 500 posts and between 100-110, you'll see what I wrote. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2007, 01:13:07 PM »

Twenty eight days and four hours until the NY premier of The Brain From Planet X!

Well if THAT doesn't inspire "Kimmel hands" of panic, I don't know what does!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2007, 01:14:23 PM »

"non-work" Social Security numbers — numbers issued legally, but with specific instructions that the holders are not authorized to work in the U.S.

Interesting...  I did not know about these!

singdaw

« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2007, 01:15:04 PM »

Check out my last 500 posts and between 100-110, you'll see what I wrote.

And that ain't all she wrote!  ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2007, 01:15:05 PM »

Oh I remember what I was going to post...did anyone record the half dozen or so 1940s Columbia B musicals starring Ann Miller that played yesterday? My DVR picked up about 3 or 4 of them...they look like a lot of fun...lots of big band like Jan Garber, Kay Kyser, and the like are in them, also.

I thought about recording the ones I had never seen, but knowing the number of TV box sets that are going to be coming in during the coming weeks, I knew I'd have no time to watch any of them. So, I'll just have to wait for them to come around again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2007, 01:19:19 PM »

It was SO hot even on the drive to lunch with the A/C running. This kind of heat and humidity is not be believed.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »

RE: big brotherWhy do you say she has tried to get on the show more than once? I have not read anything like that. In fact she said that she was asked to be on the show.

Actually, several of them were finalists in previous seasons.  Dick has flat-out stated that he and Danielle were finalists for BB6.  Someone else also admitted to having been in the final group of contestants for previous seaons.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2007, 01:21:57 PM »

I watched three more episodes of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. These introduced the character played by the very hunky Jason Gedrick as a four star chef who signs up to work at Scavo's Pizzaria.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2007, 01:24:15 PM »

Susan's courtship by both Ian and Mike probably turned out to be my favorite storyline of the season. It certainly gave Teri Hatcher something to play other than her usual klutz.

The story of the woman with her dead husband in the freezer was also interesting. All of these stories contributed to these last three episodes being among the best during the third season.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2007, 01:25:04 PM »

HEROES did come in the mail today, but since I'm so close to the end of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, I decided to give the rest of today over to finishing it up, and then I can start on HEROES tomorrow.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »

It's playing in Seattle and I live in Olympia, about 60 miles south.  I did see the show last Tuesday, the 14th.  I thought that it was very good. :D Check out my last 500 posts and between 100-110, you'll see what I wrote. ;D

Or, you can go to the "Daily Discussions" for August 15.  George's observations start with the 194th post of the day:

Reply #194 on: August 15, 2007, 03:10:26 PM »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »

I think Dick is a welcome relief to the nonsense of the "nice" people winning in past seasons.  It's a cut throat game if it's played right. I want to see cut throat tactics, back dooring, setting people up, lying....yeah baby, that's what this game is about. And this Amber chick has got to go~!

Mike "Boogie"?

Maggie?

They are your idea of NICE?

Yikes!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2007, 01:40:28 PM »

I think Dick would be fine if he had a "match" in the house for his mouth and nasty demeanor.

For me one bully does not entertainment make...especially when the house is full of wusses like Amber and Jameka and ERIC and Jessica and Zach.

Dick has fully supported getting rid of all the guys that have left.  He got rid of Dustin by blaming him for Nick's ouster, which was his (Dick's own) doing.  Mike was blamed by Dick for being the rogue vote for Kail when that was a lie...Dick always has to blame somebody else for something he has no business knowing.  It was Eric, of course, who voted to keep Kail...America's choice and all that lame business.

But Eric, as a player, repulses me as much as anyone who has ever been in the game.  I wanted to like him, but his personality makes my skin crawl.

Yet, there really isn't anyone in the game I care one whit about.  There are just varying degrees of loath.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:43:42 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »

I think Dick believe he can "rule" a house if only women are left.

Sad thing is, the women in the house would probably let him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2007, 01:47:20 PM »

I think Dick believe he can "rule" a house if only women are left.

Sad thing is, the women in the house would probably let him.

I think the whole lot is a sorry bunch this time around.

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2007, 02:04:28 PM »

Sped through my internet browsing this afternoon so I could get back to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and finish it up.

WBBL.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2007, 02:05:39 PM »

Going through files and pitching a lot of stuff has demonstrated to me how much my job has changed in the 10 years I've worked at this particular library.  And how much libraries and information-seeking have changed overall.

Ginny, congrats on "Movin' On Up". I empathize, too. Going through all the stuff at the house----floppy discs, zip drives, audio cassettes and lps...technology of the past---but will I need it tomorrow?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2007, 02:30:46 PM »

I think the whole lot is a sorry bunch this time around.

True.

I think Jen is the only other person in the house -- other than Daniele -- who isn't afraid to stand up to Dick.  Granted, she gets more than her share of abuse from him, but she takes it and doesn't flinch.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 02:31:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2007, 02:51:45 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Whew!

It's been a long(!) time since I've actually worked a full day for Disney. A long time.  However, the callback process went well, and, as always, it's always better to have people to callback than not.  Options are always a good thing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »

And I think I'm gonna take a few moments now to take advantage of the free wireless - and A/C - at the studios to catch up on the posts and some e-mails, so....
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2007, 03:02:16 PM »

Back from a very long day, but a fun one, save for the fact that we are still sans leading man - a new offer is out, this time to someone who I've seen perform and who I think would be fine - he isn't back until September 1, but at this point the wait won't kill us.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2007, 03:03:49 PM »

I'll have more detail in the notes, but the first music rehearsal was really fun - the cast is fast and picked up everything quick as can be and there's quite a bit of new harmonies, since we have really wonderful singers.  We were missing about six people today, but tomorrow we'll have everyone except Fred and Yoni.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2007, 03:05:06 PM »

Oh, and it turns out I've met our Joyce before - in LA during the run of Ragtime (she covered Evelyn Nesbitt) - I used to go out with the cast quite often.  She's a doll and I think she'll be very good in our little show.  Her name is Amy Bodnar.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2007, 03:07:42 PM »

After rehearsal, I visited out choreographer and his assistant and they showed me the sketched out Brain Tap and it's faboo - really exciting and fun.  It does require a little restructuring and hopefully elmore and make an adjustment in one part of the orchestration, which I think will only require adding drums where there aren't any.  There's one other little thing for elmore, which is we're adding a one-chorus dance break in All About Men - I'm hoping he can just do a repeat of what's there and let the sax have the tune (or the piano, which is probably easier).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2007, 03:09:13 PM »

After that, I had a little meeting with our general manager, then I auditioned two more actors, who unfortunately just weren't right for the role.  Interestingly, The Last Starfighter was just wrapping up their auditions, so we shared the room and they saw the two actors for their show, too.  So nice to see Skip, and I met their director, and, of course, the lovely Julie was there, too.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up