Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WINDMILLS OF MY MIND  (Read 19254 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE WINDMILLS OF MY MIND
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2004, 03:59:53 PM »

Ya know, I wasn't frightened so much last night by the huge tubs of sour cream on BK's partay host's table as I was curious about why there was a pump bottle of Vaseline hand cream present.  Is there some Hanukkah tradition that I'm not aware of?
Hand Cream is NOT a dairy product!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2004, 04:00:54 PM »

Let's all do a Page Four SNOOPY DANCE!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2004, 04:01:58 PM »

I don't normally say this, but WHERE IS EVERYONE? We had record breaking days and now we haven't reached 100 postings by 7:00pm! on the east coast of the US of A
Everyone is out shopping.  For doggie treats.   :D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2004, 04:12:54 PM »

I spent a couple of hours at the theater this afternoon going through the endless props used in NUNCRACKERS. It gave all of the adults a final time to bond. It was quite a weepy affair. (Ensemble shows like this one really make you in to a family.)

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2004, 04:13:20 PM »

I think tonight is the "Play along for cash" contest on Game Show network website.....hmmmmmmmm.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2004, 04:14:06 PM »

Once I returned home, I put dirty laundry into the washing machine and started watching DIAL M FOR MURDER. Boy, it is a VAST improvement on the laserdisc! Wow!

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2004, 04:15:01 PM »

Tomorrow, I look forward to doing - NOTHING!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2004, 04:17:33 PM »

Ann you make me miss my son’s Sugar Gliders.  

td cute pics and I could see the beautiful blue eyes, kind of.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 04:18:36 PM by Jane »

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2004, 04:18:51 PM »

Thanks, DR td, for the PACIFIC OVERTURES report. Obviously, you've never seen a copy of the Broadway version taped for Japanese television. Wish you had so you could compare the two productions. In the big Winter Garden with the cast entering and exiting all over the theater, it was a much grander spectacle than the Studio 54 production could possibly be (not that this would make it better, just very different).

Danise

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2004, 04:23:21 PM »

I bit the bullet and bought a ticket to David Copperfield and to Hairspray.  I got wonderful seats near the front but I promise not to forget my bilberry and my binoculars!

I have wanted to see David Copperfield for more years then I can remember.  He comes here every January and I somehow manage to miss him.  Next year is the year.  I can't wait!

I'm not as sure about Hairspray.  It's not fantasy or magic.  In fact, I'm not sure what it is about.  I just remember hearing how it was a big hit on Broadway.  Well, we'll see.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2004, 04:31:52 PM »

What a slow lazy Sunday..

I am watching Sweeney Todd and thinking about what to eat for dinner.  Thrilling, no?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2004, 04:40:27 PM »

Well, at least i got us to 100 posts...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2004, 04:42:33 PM »

I'm not as sure about Hairspray.  It's not fantasy or magic.  In fact, I'm not sure what it is about.  I just remember hearing how it was a big hit on Broadway.  Well, we'll see.
Hairspray is about dancing, winning the heart of the dreamiest guy around, and bringing about integration in Philadelphia in 1962.  (That, in the real world, Philly is still having problems is another story.   :-\)  It's got music by Marc Shaiman and lyrics by Shaiman and his partner, Scott Wittman.  Yes, partner.  THAT kind of partner.  Shaiman also wrote the songs to South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut.  Remember "Blame Canada"?  Hairspray is just as irreverent, but without the dirty words.  You'll love it.

Danise

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2004, 04:47:10 PM »

Yes, partner.  THAT kind of partner.  

You mean they’re in business together?   ???  ;)  ;D  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2004, 05:01:11 PM »

By the way, TD, thank you for the nice comment regarding my Peggy Webber interview! She is still such a busy gal with her work at National Public Radio, and she is one heck of a nice lady!

Danise

« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2004, 05:05:10 PM »

Tom, I think you may have to explain that one to SWW.  You know why I couldn't resist that reply.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2004, 05:11:32 PM »

Tom, I think you may have to explain that one to SWW.  You know why I couldn't resist that reply.
Mothers are delicate beings with so much charm!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Kerry

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2004, 05:13:36 PM »

I figure I ought to wish Tomofoz a Happy Birthday now since it is tomorrow for him.

I missed Michael Barnum's birthday :'(, but I will make up for it this week.  And if Michael's friend, Mark, ever gets lonely, please send him my way.

Jose-- definitely time for you to move.  Your situation is beginning to sound like a Neil Simon play (only without the laughs).
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2004, 05:16:51 PM »

I figure I ought to wish Tomofoz a Happy Birthday now since it is tomorrow for him.

Thank you Kerry. In fact is today (Monday) still for another 12 hours!  I shall nevertheless keep your wishes safely until then.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Kerry

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2004, 05:17:49 PM »

I showed "Pocketful of Miracles" to a friend who had never seen it.  I'm a sucker for the story, and there is one of the greatest collection f character actors in that film.  Do we still have people like that?  Very few, I'm afraid, although some former young stars could be great character actors.

P-racticality d-oesn't interest me.....
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2004, 05:20:21 PM »

Well, Tom-- then I'm early for a change.  And thank you for the mail.  I delivered the package you asked-- the vry next day in fact.  
I like boat races.

Danise

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2004, 05:21:01 PM »

Oh, is it Birthday time in the Land of OZ?

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy,[/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy, [/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy,[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]Birthday![/size][/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]DR Tom!!![/size][/move]
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2004, 05:40:43 PM »

MBarnum, what does Mr. Friedman say about my little ol' film?  And I don't think his film is a musical in the way that my film is a musical, but that's just my opinion.

Just back from doing errands and then paying my brief respects to the Pogue's, who were having their little xmas "do".  Their home was beautiful and warm and they always have interesting folks there .  But they also have a cat and I can't be around it for long without getting allergic.

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2004, 05:54:56 PM »

I'm getting very confused. Not  difficult at my age.  The birthday wishes are indeed welcome but my birthday is December 14th.  It is not December 14 anywhere on the planet yet. Not even in middle earth for another 10 hours.
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2004, 05:56:59 PM »

MBarnum, what does Mr. Friedman say about my little ol' film?  And I don't think his film is a musical in the way that my film is a musical, but that's just my opinion.

Well, certainly no one is playing volleyball in your film! LOL!

He and the commentary moderator are discussing that the "genre" of a nudie musical never really got off the ground (they were joshing, of course), and after this film and another film called SINDERELLA AND THE GOLDEN BRA (1964) there wasn't another nudie musical until your film came out. They also mentioned that your film was a bit more mainstream, while there film played in select theaters in Chicago and Los Angeles.

I kept hoping they would make reference to your film...and then they did!

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2004, 05:58:55 PM »

Decorated my little house for the holidays...here is a photo of the stove and the Christmas salt and pepper shakers...

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2004, 06:01:03 PM »

OK, well that was blurry. Lets try this lovely diorama of the Barbie dolls have a Christmas celebration on my bookcase...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2004, 06:07:31 PM »

Hello fellow dear readers. I spent all morning at church and then all afternoon at a board meeting. I was out all day (and night) yesterday, so I have lots to catch up on at home. I'm so tired I don't even remember the TOD.

Note to DR TomovOz: I can't get the CD to play!!!  :-(  But we are trying.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2004, 06:18:26 PM »

DR Laura.  I am hoping that you are using it in your computer!! It is not music.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2004, 06:33:34 PM »

DR Sandra - Not to worry, I purchased (Diet) Cherry Coke.
BTW - I'm usually not very good about holding onto and using grocery coupons. But a week or two ago I got $10. off coupon in the mail from the local Von's (it was a reward for putting up with the renovations they're doing). I actually kept it and remembered to use it. Hallelujah! Combined with the Von's Club savings, I got over $70. worth of groceries for around 40 bucks! (Including the Cherry Coke, DR Sandra!) Pretty good.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up