Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOTHER LODE OF HITCHCOCK  (Read 16815 times)

Danise

Re: THE MOTHER LODE OF HITCHCOCK
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »

Went to the doctor yesterday.  I have a 9mm stone--this time on the right side.  I did everything I was told.  I took the pills the doctor said would stop them from forming.  I drank lemonade for lunch and dinner and STILL i formed a big honking stone.  I haven't drank any dark colored liquids either.  I don't know how to stop them.

I guess it's another day surgery for me but this time I can't bother Thelma.  She is helping the guy across her street who is dying of brain cancer.  I can't have her go with me so I will have to stay in the hospital overnight if they want to keep an eye on me afterwards.  

DR Danise I'm sure you aren't the first person to do everything right & still get a stone.  Does the stone hurt?  Is it urgent that you remove it?

VIBES!!!!
  Thanks DR Jane.  I will put it like this.  The doctor said, you've know about this since February and haven't been to see me until now.  I tried to explain I had other things going on.  He said if that stone blocks my tube (because at that size I can't pass it), I could lose my kidney and NOTHING should have been more important than getting it taken care of ASAP.  What can I say? 

I have to go for the usual tests, KUB and such.  Then we will pick a date.

My sister and I are both prone to kidney stones, she more so than me. No doctor has been able to figure out what causes them, but it's landed her in the hospital three times in the past month. There has been no word, however, of losing a kidney and I think that's frightfully alarmist talk on your doctor's part. If he talks more about it, perhaps you need another doctor.
I take it with a grain of stone.  Everything HAS to be done NOW.  My dentist is the same way.  I had that tooth pulled last year and I have GOT to get that bridge NOW because my teeth are moving.  Ya, Ya. 

There's only so much money and so much radiation I can take before I start to glow.  :)  No doubt there is something else lurking in the  shadows of my body that MUST be taken care of right away.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »

Kind of wishing I didn't have to go to this dinner party thing - good folks will be there and I'm sure it will be fun, but it's kind of a schlep.
  I know what you mean.  I get invites and then wish I didn't have to go at the last moment too.  I'm just comfortable at home with the dogs.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »

DR Danise before doing surgery will the doctor consider the procedure that breaks up stones?  Of course that might require more x-rays to see if it worked ;)

I understand your doctor's concern that you don't lose a kidney due to waiting too long, especially since you have diabetes.   

Danise

« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2012, 06:08:35 PM »

Just thought I would mention since I say a lot of weather posts that today is the summer solstice.  It's all down hill from here, chickies, into the fall.  I can't say I'm pleased about that.

sorry but I'm having a tired spell.  Night all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2012, 06:09:04 PM »

Went to the doctor yesterday.  I have a 9mm stone--this time on the right side.  I did everything I was told.  I took the pills the doctor said would stop them from forming.  I drank lemonade for lunch and dinner and STILL i formed a big honking stone.  I haven't drank any dark colored liquids either.  I don't know how to stop them.

I guess it's another day surgery for me but this time I can't bother Thelma.  She is helping the guy across her street who is dying of brain cancer.  I can't have her go with me so I will have to stay in the hospital overnight if they want to keep an eye on me afterwards.  

DR Danise I'm sure you aren't the first person to do everything right & still get a stone.  Does the stone hurt?  Is it urgent that you remove it?

VIBES!!!!
  Thanks DR Jane.  I will put it like this.  The doctor said, you've know about this since February and haven't been to see me until now.  I tried to explain I had other things going on.  He said if that stone blocks my tube (because at that size I can't pass it), I could lose my kidney and NOTHING should have been more important than getting it taken care of ASAP.  What can I say? 

My sister and I are both prone to kidney stones, she more so than me. No doctor has been able to figure out what causes them, but it's landed her in the hospital three times in the past month. There has been no word, however, of losing a kidney and I think that's frightfully alarmist talk on your doctor's part. If he talks more about it, perhaps you need another doctor.

I'm curious what you doctor would say about this if you ask.  Did either of you have stones as large as DR Danise's?

Jane

« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2012, 06:09:31 PM »

Sleep well Dani.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »

Since DR ChasSmith is a Hitchcock fan and relatively new here, I will mention that my uncle, Ed Fitzgerald, was the cameraman on THE ROPE. Jimmy Stewart was a good friend of my Aunt Margaret. But, alas, this was all before my time. When I was a little girl Eddie was shooting LASSIE and THE GALE STORM SHOW.

Speaking of cameramen, if I knew this, I had forgotten, but I was re-gobsmacked when watching the doc accompanying the new BD of HIGH NOON when they interviewed David Crosby about his father, who was DP on that film!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2012, 06:56:18 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR Danise!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »

'night

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2012, 07:26:18 PM »

VIBES!!!!

I'm curious what you doctor would say about this if you ask.  Did either of you have stones as large as DR Danise's?
Yes. Larger.
The two that Linda just had operated on were both larger than that before they broke them up.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:27:52 PM by John G. »
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »

The evening began badly wth four old, very old ladies stumbling through a scene from A WOMAN OF NO IMPORTANCE. It was painful to watch, awkward and rathwer pointless. After about 15 unendurable minutes, they left the stage to no applause. We didn't no it was over! Then, a group of really good actors came ondtage and did a reading of THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST. The Lady Bracknell was really wonderful and never reminded me once of Edith Evans, who is for me indelible in the role. I also liked the Miss Prism and Trip Plymale, whom I hadn't seen in years, was the CanonChasuble. The four young leads were excellent = everyone had quiye good accents - but the director let them down on pronunciation. It's Leftenant Moncrief, not Lewtenant. I gave Charlotte hell for off-ten, not offen. It's one of my favorite comedies, and I laughed all the way through it.

On my way down, I stopped at Staples and Kinkos for prices to make ten 2-sided copies of a 22-page score for the singers. Staples told me it would cost $220.00, and Kinko's told me $95.00, which I think is to low from the clerk misunderstanding me. What happened to the days when the price per page went down with multiple copies?

So, now I'm home and it's time for bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2012, 07:39:20 PM »

On my way down, I stopped at Staples and Kinkos for prices to make ten 2-sided copies of a 22-page score for the singers. Staples told me it would cost $220.00, and Kinko's told me $95.00, which I think is to low from the clerk misunderstanding me. What happened to the days when the price per page went down with multiple copies?

So, now I'm home and it's time for bed.

Staples would cost $1 a page...for photocopies?? :o

Do they bind it in a hardback book?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2012, 07:40:15 PM »

~~~Vibes for Elmore that $95 is the Correct Price!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2012, 07:49:50 PM »

I just received this email from an extremely discriminating Farmer fan in the UK:

Read your article and wanted to say am terribly impressed by what you wrote.  You give me faith in an intelligent internet.  Thank you.

Did Betsy write that?

No it was DougR
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »

We are predicted to hit 94 degrees today.....which we did yesterday.  And it's our 16th day in a row with no rain.

I noticed the beans and corn on the way to rehearsal last night.....and ALL the crops are looking pretty sad right now.......

The beans and corn were going to rehearsal?  What play are they in?

Suffering Succotash!

vixmom

« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »

That's not to say that I'm an angel and never use them.  I just don't like using them to that extreme.  That's another thing I like about our board.  You all don't have to curse every other word to get your point across.

oh yeah?  well what the hell do you know?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

George

« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2012, 08:05:01 PM »

Well, I'm heading home.

Until later. :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »

Started watching "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" but I think I'm too tired to finish it tonight. Fun, but my eyelids are telling me they want sleep.

So, good night.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »

It's 61 degrees here....we had the hot weather, funny it wasn't all over the news when the heat hit Iowa

Cillaliz

« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »

It  has gotten unexpectedly cool here today. It's only 79 right now. Unexpected rains this morning. Now this. Guess we're letting you enjoy all the heat, DR Ben.

Thanks so very much, John. Remind me to do you a favor like that sometime!!!

It's 92, feels like 99.

It sure does.  My big outing today:  driving to Burger King for a BACON SUNDAE. 
I must have one of those soon.
  I'm sorry but I like ice cream.  I like bacon.  But the thought of the two together makes me, how does BK put it?  Makes me want to vomit on the ground. 

;D

I cringe every time I read about that horrid combination, but more for how very unhealthy it is than that is sounds disgusting.

It's a little crunchy bacon on top of ice cream chocolate a carmel....come on, what's unhealthy about that' :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2012, 09:00:26 PM »

It  has gotten unexpectedly cool here today. It's only 79 right now. Unexpected rains this morning. Now this. Guess we're letting you enjoy all the heat, DR Ben.

Thanks so very much, John. Remind me to do you a favor like that sometime!!!

It's 92, feels like 99.

It sure does.  My big outing today:  driving to Burger King for a BACON SUNDAE. 
I must have one of those soon.
  I'm sorry but I like ice cream.  I like bacon.  But the thought of the two together makes me, how does BK put it?  Makes me want to vomit on the ground. 

;D

I cringe every time I read about that horrid combination, but more for how very unhealthy it is than that is sounds disgusting.
Read a story today about deep-fried cereal at some state fair. The reviews  were not good because they said it was greasy and too dry. Well, it's deep-fried cereal. What did you expect?

It's the deep fried butter that gets to me.  That's what I'm not sure I could eat

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »

Back from a truly wonderful dinner partay.  More about it in the notes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up