Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DIAL 'C' FOR CLOSING  (Read 2629 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: DIAL 'C' FOR CLOSING
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2017, 11:41:08 AM »

Most plays of the 1950s were three acts, whether comedies or dramas.  I find it hard to believe that Shayne has never seen one.  Dial 'M' is a perfect example, along with Tea and Sympathy, The Seven Year Itch, Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter (The Bad Seed is a two-act play), A Raisin in the Sun, Bus Stop, Born Yesterday, No Time for Sergeants, and The Rainmaker, to mention a handful off the top of my head.

I have seen The Rainmaker.  There was a very good local production quite a few years ago.  I kept thinking that as good as it was, I wanted to hear the songs from 110 in the Shade...but I'm sure that that was just me.

;D

Not just you. I do that when I watch the movie.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »

Speedy Joshie has made all my corrections to the score before I even got home from City Center.  I'm starting to get excited about this piece.

Do you remember what you wrote or does this whole piece feel new?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2017, 11:47:26 AM »

Speedy Joshie has made all my corrections to the score before I even got home from City Center.  I'm starting to get excited about this piece.

Do you remember what you wrote or does this whole piece feel new?

Very new.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:06:01 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2017, 12:22:47 PM »

That sounds quite wonderful...taking something off the shelf, having it seem new, and finding you like it!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »

We have stayed in Monterey for the day skipping a stop in Carmel this trip. We might do the same next time we drive through here. We have enjoyed walking around the pier and sampling clam chowder. We are currently sitting on a bench overlooking the rocky shore line on the historic rail trai.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »

Keith is trying to post a video on Facebook of the Harbor Seals and Cormorants we saw. The video would be more interesting is they were moving 😀

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2017, 02:07:03 PM »

That sounds quite wonderful...taking something off the shelf, having it seem new, and finding you like it!

It's partly because it's no longer in my 1975  "proper" handwriting!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »

I need my spyglass.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »

One more step done DR GINNY - continued strength vibes to you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2017, 02:24:10 PM »

I called my doctor today since they called me Friday to tell me I would have surgery to have my port installed on WEDNESDAY and my infusion was supposed to start on TUESDAY.

That office was surprised and said they would get back to me.

NOW I will have my surgery on Wednesday morning to put in the port and then have my first chemo infusion at 1 p.m. the same day.....at the hospital in Indy...although the further treatments will take place in Mooresville.....my Home Town.

The doctor didn't want to wait another week to start, and they were not sure I would be able to get down HERE from the hospital in time for the treatment to be done....I guess it's four to five hours including the observation time.

So WEDNESDAY will be a very LONG day for me....and my driver.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2017, 02:38:49 PM »

I called my doctor today since they called me Friday to tell me I would have surgery to have my port installed on WEDNESDAY and my infusion was supposed to start on TUESDAY.

NOW I will have my surgery on Wednesday morning to put in the port and then have my first chemo infusion at 1 p.m. the same day.....at the hospital in Indy...although the further treatments will take place in Mooresville.....my Home Town.

The doctor didn't want to wait another week to start, and they were not sure I would be able to get down HERE from the hospital in time for the treatment to be done....I guess it's four to five hours including the observation time.

~~~Never Ending Vibes for Jrand!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »

We have stayed in Monterey for the day skipping a stop in Carmel this trip. We might do the same next time we drive through here. We have enjoyed walking around the pier and sampling clam chowder. We are currently sitting on a bench overlooking the rocky shore line on the historic rail trai.

DR Jane, I loved Monterrey when we were there 2 years ago.  Based on our drive through Carmel, I'd skip it forever.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2017, 02:41:29 PM »

Thank you, DR JRand.  Two more steps - minister and caterer - and I've quit for today. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »

Much love and vibes to Jrand!

Jane

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »

:o

SUPER MEGA VIBES FOR WEDNESDAY!

I gather you will not be going alone.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »

DR Jane, I loved Monterrey when we were there 2 years ago.  Based on our drive through Carmel, I'd skip it forever.

II was always enjoyed Carmel, walking the streets and the beach  especially with Sherlock, the shops and all the good restaurants.   

Without Sherlock we are preferring the change that Monterey offers.  We wouldn't mind a second home overlooking the ocean.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »

There is a multitude of restaurants walking distance from us yet our friend wants us to drive 10 minutes to try a new Italian restaurant.   We have a very long drive ahead of us tomorrow and would prefer to walk today.  Oh well  ;D

Jane

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »

Thank you, DR JRand.  Two more steps - minister and caterer - and I've quit for today. 

It can be overwhelming.

John G.

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2017, 03:50:04 PM »

Mega vibes for JRand.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2017, 03:50:39 PM »

We saw a beautiful lone white poppy today.  I attempted to share a photo from the Internet but it won't post.  It seemed odd to see only one.  We saw plenty of yellow poppies.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2017, 03:51:36 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2017, 04:08:15 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Super Mega Health Vibes to our DR JRand66!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John G.

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2017, 04:29:20 PM »

Beautiful poppies, Jane. I don't think I've ever seen white ones before.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2017, 04:37:51 PM »

Funny. There were two links today to Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals online. One was a bootleg of the recent King and I. Very well photographed but it bored me to no end, and Kellie O'Hara was too mannered for my tastes. I cut it off after 45 minutes.

I've now started the BBC Proms version of Oklahoma! And it's far more to my liking. I think I'll listen for the next three hours.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2017, 04:42:22 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »

Congrats to Bk on a very successful show and run.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2017, 04:43:17 PM »

Congrats to John G, who, as far as I know, is the first resident HHW FOO!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2017, 04:47:09 PM »

Coping vibes to DR Ginny.

I find going through the loved one's things one of the most difficult. So many memories. I know you went through much of that when your mother moved into the assisted living home, and the rest the other day. Now that task is done.

It will get easier with time.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2017, 04:49:38 PM »

Continued MEGA vibes to JRand.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up