Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: COUGH COUGH  (Read 14553 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:COUGH COUGH
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2004, 02:49:53 PM »

I want a Big Mac.  I want a Filet o' Fish.

François de Paris

« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2004, 02:50:59 PM »

--  Is it the States yet?

--  Shut up and keep rowing!

François de Paris

« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2004, 02:52:05 PM »

New Page !

Maestro, please!

(Where's Panni when she's needed?!)..........

François de Paris

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2004, 02:53:37 PM »

Sorry!
We don't provide those items here!

Move to the next window, please!

NEXT! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2004, 02:54:30 PM »

New Page !

Maestro, please!

(Where's Panni when she's needed?!)..........

10 POSTS BEHIND!! ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2004, 02:57:01 PM »

The Filet o' Fish is part of the story of the Randy Vicar and the Indecent Reticle mentioned yesterday!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2004, 03:11:45 PM »

Hello, all!  I'm back from SHAUN OF THE DEAD, which made me laugh and grossed me out at the same time.  It's like a Monty Python version of Romero's three Living Dead films rolled into London and quite a hoot.

DR Maya, I've been wondering where you were since I got back from WHERE'S CHARLEY? at Goodspeed.  I wish you could have seen it.

DRJennifer, I've seen Monty Wooley, Elis Rabb, and Nathan Lane play Sheridan Whiteside, and Ellis Rabb made one big mistake: he wanted the audience to like him and he was too cute.  The joke is, the audience does love the character because he calls it like it is, behaves rudely, and does something generous at the end.  Don't make Ellis' mistake!  And have fun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2004, 03:12:34 PM »

LOL FRANCOIS.

Well DRRLP - that would put me in the shade fer shur!

Francis Ford Coppola directed The PlayGirl and the Bellboy?  Yup....oh my...well he was probably a bit intimidated by Miss June Wilkinson.  Certainly her leading man was NO William Wellman, Jr.  At least as far as I can tell.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Danise

« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2004, 03:15:19 PM »

Hi folks!  I just got off the phone with Jane.  She said to say "Hi" to everyone.  

She had a nice trip but is a bit lonely.  She was looking for a drug store when I spoke with her.  Something about her inhaler (sp?) breaking and she needs another one.

I worked on the computer today and managed to get my film from Salt Lake City onto the computer.  Still working on NYC.  It "sees" the camera once then it doesn't see it at all.  I don't understand.

Gotta go and feed the dogs and then I'm going to McD's.  I don't know why but I keep getting these urges for a Big and Tasty.

Be back later!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2004, 04:23:10 PM »

DRJennifer, I've seen Monty Wooley, Elis Rabb, and Nathan Lane play Sheridan Whiteside, and Ellis Rabb made one big mistake: he wanted the audience to like him and he was too cute.  The joke is, the audience does love the character because he calls it like it is, behaves rudely, and does something generous at the end.  Don't make Ellis' mistake!  And have fun.

Thanks for the advice!  
(By the way, I am DRJenny, not DRJennifer!)
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2004, 04:35:10 PM »

Yes, Jenny is not Jennifer.  One is a Canuck and it's not Jenny.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2004, 04:36:04 PM »

And from The Man Who Came to Dinner, Jenny could go directly into that Noel Coward musical, The Girl Who Came to Supper.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2004, 04:36:04 PM »

Thanks for the advice!  
(By the way, I am DRJenny, not DRJennifer!)

Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa!  I do beg your pardon.  It's the drugs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2004, 04:38:32 PM »

And from The Man Who Came to Dinner, Jenny could go directly into that Noel Coward musical, The Girl Who Came to Supper.

Yes, indeedy!  DRJenny is a little bit of all right.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 04:39:11 PM by elmore3003 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2004, 04:39:55 PM »

In fact The Girl Who Came to Supper is a terrific alternate title....hehehehe
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2004, 04:46:30 PM »

We're having cheeseburgers for dinner and I don't think I've ever been so excited!

Let the "portly Sheridan Whiteside" weight gain begin!!!
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2004, 05:36:35 PM »

I will shortly be on my way to some Eyetalian restaurant.  Keep the home fries burning whilst I dine on some sort of pasta.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2004, 06:42:22 PM »

I'm back, and yes, everything was beautiful at the ballet.  (Oh.  An Ed Kleban reference.)

The program did a nice job of illustrating George Balanchine's range and span:

Serenade, from 1935, to Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings

Rubies, from 1967, to Stravinsky's Capriccio for Piano and Orchestra

Stars and Stripes, from 1958, to a pastiche of music by John Philip Sousa adapted and orchestrated by Hershey Kay

It was quite an enjoyable afternoon.  As a whole, Rubies was probably the best of the three pieces.  The male corps, however, has an extended--and highly athletic--segment in Stars and Stripes that deservedly brought the house down.  There was a bit of sloppiness on the part of the female corps in Serenade; movements that should have been performed in unison were not so unified.  A small quibble, given the quality of the rest of the performance.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 07:22:14 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

François de Paris

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2004, 07:14:11 PM »

I don't know why but I keep getting these urges for a Big and Tasty.

Now, Danise, you're talking dirty again!! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2004, 07:17:34 PM »

I like the masochist version:

The Girl Who Came To Suffer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2004, 07:18:30 PM »

DRJay,  I love Balanchine's SERENADE, and I'm sorry the ladies were sloppy.  When I first saw it, it blew me away that Balanchine caught the music's flow and interior lines in his choreography.  I've been a fan of STARS AND STRIPES for years.  Hershy Kay's adaptation is quite brilliant.

I just watched DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, and I'm still laughing over it.  It's highly addictive kitsch, abd I can't wait to see what these madwomen are going to do next.

François de Paris

« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2004, 07:20:25 PM »

We're having cheeseburgers for dinner ...

And what are you going to feed them? ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2004, 07:23:52 PM »

The male corps, however, has an extended--and highly athletic--segment

Gee!

DR Jay talks dirty too! :o

François de Paris

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2004, 07:32:43 PM »

Hello, all!  I'm back from ............... THE DEAD,  

Oh, Larry.... I had no idea!! :o

François de Paris

« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2004, 07:36:10 PM »

and I'm sorry the ladies were sloppy.

Call me chauvinist pig  :o but .....ladies tend to be that way... in general... from what I've seen....heard... experienced!....

Emily

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2004, 07:36:10 PM »

I think WICKED has officially crossed the line as a cross-over show:

http://netscape.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15045,00.html?tnews

Britney to Unveil "Letter of Truth"

by Joal Ryan
Sep 30, 2004, 1:45 PM PT

Britney Spears has penned "the most amazing letter [she] has ever written."

This, according to the author herself, who tells Britain's OK! she has drafted a missive explaining the state of her union, marital and otherwise.

"It's called 'The Letter of Truth: I Hope You Can Handle It,' " Spears says in OK!

As of late Thursday, the "letter of truth" had not been posted on Spears' official Website, BritneySpears.com.

The site, however, promised that the pop star turned wordsmith was "putting the finishing touches" on the communique.

Oh, and one other thing, the site said: If you'd like to read "exclusive content," such as Spears' "letter of truth," Spears would like it if you'd commit to her fan club.

Commitment runs about $24.98 these days. Major credit cards accepted.

A call to Spears' publicist was not returned Thursday.

There were no details on the revelations to be featured in Spears' letter. But there was little doubt, to the entertainer at least, of its import.

"It was a life-changing letter for me, and I just want my fans to read it," Spears says in OK! "It really states where I am in my life right now. It is making closure with a lot of things and I think this is my ultimate truth."

It sounds as if Spears' dancing beau, Kevin Federline, has been suitably supportive of the singer arriving at her ultimate truth. Federline tells OK! that Spears worked on the letter "every day for the last week and a half."

Chimes in Spears: "I feel like I am at Harvard!"

As with any thoughtful graduate thesis, Spears' was inspired by a Broadway musical about a flying green witch.

In OK!, Spears says a performance of the "amazing" Wicked drove her to commit her thoughts, such as they are, to a letter.

"It was the most amazing play. It was real life-changing for me," says Spears.

The Tony-winning Wicked imagines the pre-Wizard of Oz lives of the two who would become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch.

For those only recently emerging from their caves, Spears, 22, wore a wedding dress, walked down an aisle and posed for pictures (splashed across the pages of People and OK!) with Federline, 26, on Sept. 17.

It remains unknown if the ceremony resulted in marriage. The couple's marriage license, released to the press last week, was incomplete. Us Weekly reported that the couple wed for show, with the intent to wed for real on Oct. 16--a copy of the so-called "faux wedding" agreement was subsequently published on The Smoking Gun.

A newlywed in the eyes of the court or no, Spears reportedly is being treated as a newlywed by Madonna.

The pop tart's onetime kissing buddy has proffered the use of her British estate for the Spears-Federline honeymoon, Britain's Sky News reports.

No word if Spears has had a chance to pen yet another letter--of thanks--for the overture.

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2004, 07:36:50 PM »

Evenin', gang!

I am happily ensconced (is that right???) in a back bedroom of Aldo di Tullio's giganto apartment in a Stanford White landmark building, right at 72nd and Amsterdam. He and his wife have been here for over 40 years, and when I got booted, yes booted, outa my horrendous sublet yesterday, I called and they took me in - even sent a car for me! These are great old Italians, he was Charles' singing master for years and years. They are constantly cooking... oy. But there is a small piano in my room (and 2 grands in the huge living room studio) and a phone line, so I can get my email!!!!

What a lovely day it was here today in NYC. A blue, blue sky, about 70 degrees, bright sunshine. Oh, how swell! Anyway, i'll be here for about a month or so, while I slowly and carefully attempt to find another sublet. Oy!!

Tomorrow is my first meeting with the gang at the BMI workshop, and I'm so happy, I could kvell. I think I will... *kvelling...* So see the NY contingent and Jane on Wednesday - that will be so fun! Nitey-nite (egad - another night right at the corner of 72nd and amsterdam... I'm gonna try earplugs tonight. Wish me luck, says the hypervigilant insomniac...)
PennyO

François de Paris

« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2004, 07:39:26 PM »

Oh, Larry.... I had no idea!! :o

Didn't know you could have any!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2004, 08:08:35 PM »

I enjoy McDonalds' food on occasion, too. I usually eat there once a month for lunch. And a Big mac meal is usually enough to last me for the rest of the day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2004, 08:13:03 PM »

At rehearsal tonight, we had three people missing: the leading lady, the ingenue lead, and the young leading man. The three biggest parts in the show, and none of them bothered to come to rehearsal tonight. Is this any way to run a theatrical company? I smell disaster in the air.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up