Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A BEACHED WHALE LIVING IN A FOOL'S PARADISE  (Read 22783 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A BEACHED WHALE LIVING IN A FOOL'S PARADISE
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2007, 02:19:19 PM »

I must say, eating a Big Wave with cheese and bacon, and fries, just prior to noon was rather nauseating.  And now I am paying the price ($2.59).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2007, 02:19:40 PM »

Also, I'm quite bored of these hamburger jernts being this expensive.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »

So it is written, so it shall be done - page seven.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2007, 02:20:17 PM »

So far, page seven is all ME.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2007, 02:21:31 PM »

DR LAURA thanks for sharing the neon flamingo and pyramids....interesting!

And of course they built that dam especially as a set for 1957's THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, but then left it at the request of the locals.  

Au contraire, Jrand, it was built in the Thirties as a backdrop for Alfred Hitchcock's SABATOUR; but the locals left it hoping it would draw a few people to their gaming tables.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2007, 02:33:10 PM »

I made homemade vegetable beef soup today. With carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, corn, peas and beef. It is very yummy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2007, 02:35:07 PM »

(((FJL))) it sounds like a very fitting memorial for your cousin. Even thought it is under sad circumstances, I hope you have good visits with your family members.

My DF Stan, who is 75, decided after his wife died about ten years ago; that he wanted to set aside the money to throw a big party / wake at Elk's Club after he passed away (Snacks, two drinks each, and out the door).  This year he decided that he would rather attend the party himself.  So, on his 76th birthday he is going to host his own pre-wake.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2007, 02:39:22 PM »

Good morning, all! I believe my decrepit kitchen stove, not the basement boiler after all, is the source of the carbon monoxide, since I spent most of yesterday feeling very flu-ish.  I had been boiling water all day to steam up the apartment and I couldn't figure out why I had felt so good in Ohio and so puny in Manhattan.  I'll report it on Monday to my landlord and see if they can get someone in to check out/replace the stove.

Elmore, you should go out this very day to the neares hardware type store, and buy yourself a Carbon Monoxide Detector.  The stove may not decide to wait until Monday to try and kill you!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »

Vibes to FJL.

Sherlock Holmes books:
 I mentioned this some time ago in another context, but there's a fun read out there called The Case of the Philosopher's Ring, where Sherlock goes up against "the wickedest man in the world," Sgt. Pepper cover boy (among other accompishments) Aleister Crowley.

If you want to read a very clever non-Arthur Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes story; then don't bother reading SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE TITANIC TRAGEDY.  Dumb...Dumb...dumb.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2007, 02:49:36 PM »

(My niece, Debi, might be joining us here on HHW.)

Hello ...  it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, DR Aunt Danise.
Third cup of tea, two loads of wash and one sore body from yesterdays shopping marathon and now this ;)! I am too excited.

Debi

Welcome, Debi!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2007, 02:53:40 PM »

Sorry to break the news, but...

Sir Lloyd Webber already did!  ;)

Glad you are pleased with your new computer.  Sounds like it will be fabulous when you are all hooked up!  :)  And just think how much larger all of our gorgeous avatars will appear!    :P

Slingblade, I thought you wrote, "Sir Lloyd Webber already died."
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »

Time to start on the chili for dinner tonight.

(I'm thinking the other half of the roast will make a great Beouf Bourguignon.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2007, 04:00:22 PM »

And now the chili is stewing away in the oven.  Lots of bell peppers and onions in the mix this time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2007, 04:00:54 PM »

And no one posted between my posts.  Hmmmmmm.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2007, 04:04:05 PM »

Elmore, you should go out this very day to the neares hardware type store, and buy yourself a Carbon Monoxide Detector.  The stove may not decide to wait until Monday to try and kill you!

Wise words, DR TCB, and about two hours ago I did exactly that.  It's now hanging above me as I type this.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2007, 04:04:47 PM »

Slingblade, I thought you wrote, "Sir Lloyd Webber already died."

And how do we know he hasn't?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »

Elmore, did they ever fix the "boyler"?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 04:12:07 PM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2007, 04:11:47 PM »

I worked with one of my Closer producers last week and he told me a story about carbon monoxide poisoning.

Two of his friends, who who recently became engaged, decided to take a trip together. (Las Vegas, or some other touristy destination?) They stayed at a Mariott. Their room had a carbon monoxide leak, but they didn't notice anything because they'd had a few drinks and came back to their room and quickly passed out. They woke up a few times and felt kind of dazed and confused but blamed it on the alcohol.

The next morning, room service discovered them and thought they had OD'd on drugs and called 911. Everyone assumed that was what it was but they were able to finally being them back to conciousness. They almost died! And they will be suffering the ramifications for years. I'm sure there will be a lawsuit involved. This was the only room that had the leak!

So needless to say, I'm VERY glad that you have the detector, Elmore! That's something you don't want to mess around with!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »

We just removed the oriental rug under the bed and replaced it with the new rug we bought last night, without completely dismantling the bed.

That was an adventure.

The cats are now exploring the new rug. They are so easily amused!

Ginny

« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2007, 04:25:39 PM »

Mamma mia loved Mamma Mia!

We had great aisle seats in row L of the orchestra.  Dayton's Schuster Center is so beautiful and it's very easy to take my mother there.  We had some Graeter's ice cream on the way home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2007, 04:44:50 PM »

The chili is stewing nicely in the oven.  It may be a bit spicier than I usually make it - an addition of corn meal to thicken the mix should tame it some.

Jennifer

« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2007, 04:47:27 PM »

Vibes for DR FJL~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

Hi to DR danise's niece~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »

Will we never get to page eight?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2007, 04:50:25 PM »

I've been listening to a delightfully delightful CD pairing of Neal Hefti's Sex And The Single Girl score, along with Leonard Rosenman's score for The Chapman Report.

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »

Hi to DR Da Niece

Kerry

« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2007, 04:53:17 PM »

AUSTRALIA HAS A NEW GOVERNMENT

I am very pleased.

It seems to be a Government that cares about a FUTURE for the world and not just a short term view for this country.

I have hope.

Mr Bush has lost something from his pocket.

Actually i was going to write to you see what you thought of all this;   I'm glad it's a good thing!
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »

I went to 5 different stores scoping out the prices on chest freezers -I'm just looking for a 5.0-5.5 cu ft. I am amazed at the cost to deliver the little thing in town. Anyway, it's starting to look like my best deal with delivery and disposal of the old one is Home Depot.  Now I need to make sure I have a place to plug it in downstairs - the place I wanted to plug it in won't work.  I don't think they changed out the outlet to a grounded one in the room I want to use...hmm better go check. If it's good to go I'll head to the store and put in my order while I know they have them in stock.

Kerry

« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »

I've been listening to a delightfully delightful CD pairing of Neal Hefti's Sex And The Single Girl score, along with Leonard Rosenman's score for The Chapman Report.

Neil Hefti's score for "SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL"  and for "HARLOW" are both reat.  The "Harlow"score is not always appropriate tothe time, but it's still fun.  The ballad/slow theme is very good too!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2007, 05:00:17 PM »

We just removed the oriental rug under the bed and replaced it with the new rug we bought last night, without completely dismantling the bed.

That was an adventure.

The cats are now exploring the new rug. They are so easily amused!

We got new rugs once and could not decide between the two in the store, so we took them home to see how they actually looked in the house.  The true test, however, was what our Basset thought.  She sniffed both, laid down on the one she liked and then peed on it for good measure, so we knew that  was the right one!    :)
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2007, 05:00:19 PM »

I realized today that I never bought a DVD version of the Le Miz 10th Anniversary Concert.  I have the video, and I love it, so I thought I would treat myself.  I had no idea that it was out of print.

E-bay has copies going for between $56.00 to $150.oo for Buy It Now.  Amazon has used copies going as high as $299.00.

Wow!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up