Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TODAY IS THE DAY  (Read 19031 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TODAY IS THE DAY
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2006, 01:16:47 PM »

Well, made it through show one.  I guess I did okay - it was really funny - we all came out at the top and took our seats and the music began.  And I sat and realized, well, gee whiz, I have to get up and start the show now - just little ol' me and no one else.  Very unnerving - I'll do that part better tomorrow, I hope.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

DR George - Congrats on your very-soon-to-be home ownership!  Over the past couple of years, my parents have been encouraging me to, "Buy! Buy! Buy!", but, frankly, all those percentages, points, fees, etc., just confound me.  And I'm not going to buy until I actually understand what I'm doing.  More power to you!

DO IT!!  BUY! BUY! BUY!  Everyone's doing it!  You know you wanna!! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2006, 01:28:11 PM »

What a glorious day this has been. Sat outside for a bit just drinking in the cool air. Never got out of the 60s today, so doing my errands was such a pleasure.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »

When I finished lunch, I watched a couple more GREY'S ANATOMY episodes from the DVD set. Just as affecting as the first time I watched them on network only without commercial interruptions, the shows are even more emotionally powerful.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2006, 01:31:07 PM »

Last night's SMALLVILLE pretty much got everyone through the cliffhangers crises they were left with at the end of last season, but there will be fallout from the events of the episode.

Also nice to see Jimmy Olsen join the familiar cast of characters.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2006, 01:31:22 PM »

What a GHASTLY day this has been!

It started early with uneasy sleep and a pain in my right side that, inexplicably, kept me awake for several hours and then completely disappeared and allowed me an hour or so of great sleep before having to face the day.

As I was about to leave for work, I discovered I had a flat tire.

I changed the flat and drove to a Good Year store and bought four new tires.

Walked to work from there and found every single thing I did turned to poo with one glitch or another (none of which were my fault...personally, that is...).

Went to get my car and discovered "they'd" locked my trunk with the key in the lock in the "open" position...which, in my model car, not only locks the trunk but makes it impossible to open the trunk again with the key.  I shall now have to crawl into the trunk from the back seat and release the trunk internally.

I got back to work and my coworkers proposed taking lunch at the museum.  I wasn't wild about it but then recalled the special of the day was a tasty rice and chicken dish.  Just what I needed.

My order came out, and the waitperson handed me my bowl.  The bowl rim was scalding hot....as if it had been held over the burner of the stove.  I now have a nice blister on the inside of my thumb...the tender meaty part.  

Sigh.

One or two decent things also happened....but I dare not mention them unless they turn to poo, too.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 01:33:05 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2006, 01:32:26 PM »

What a glorious day this has been. Sat outside for a bit just drinking in the cool air. Never got out of the 60s today, so doing my errands was such a pleasure.

Just drinking "what" in the cool air?  No wonder you took pleasure in your errands...drinking in the cool air.

Drink in private like everyone else!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2006, 01:32:36 PM »

After watching Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing the dying Denny Duquette on GREY'S ANATOMY for the last half of the season, I was encouraged to know he'd be back at least on SUPERNATURAL this season (playing the recurring role of the father of Dean and Sam Winchester).

I shouldn't have been so encouraged.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2006, 01:33:15 PM »

Drinking in the middle of the day?  Hope it was a wine cooler, or maybe a beer - anything harder and I'll have to start worrying about you.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2006, 01:34:30 PM »

After watching Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing the dying Denny Duquette on GREY'S ANATOMY for the last half of the season, I was encouraged to know he'd be back at least on SUPERNATURAL this season (playing the recurring role of the father of Dean and Sam Winchester).

I shouldn't have been so encouraged.

Did you just give something away about his character on "Supernatural"??????
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 01:35:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2006, 01:35:18 PM »

MY NAME IS EARL had another Joy-centered episode. Since Jaime Pressly earned the cast's only Emmy nomination last season, I'm thinking maybe the writer/producer is going to give her a lot more air time this season.

I love the character, but a little of her goes a long way. I hope these two episodes to start the season will be exceptions rather than the rule.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2006, 01:35:45 PM »

Did you just give something away about his character on "Supernatural"??????

No.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2006, 01:36:44 PM »

We've got a tremendous sale on turkey breasts going on at the store - I got one for less than $5 that normally sells for $12.  Guess what we'll be dining on tonight!

And there will be leftovers!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »

So tonight I still have THE OFFICE to watch (saving hopefully the best for last though it will have to go some to meet the quality of UGLY BETTY and GREY'S ANATOMY from last night).

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2006, 01:50:14 PM »

Just saw the ratings from last night:

UGLY BETTY finished second in the time slot to SURVIVOR, but it was very close - 16.5 million to 16.1 million viewers. That's a tremendous start for a new show, one of the best for any new series this season.

GREY'S ANATOMY was down a tick and CSI was up a tick from last week with CSI delivering 23.5 million viewers to GREY's 23.3 million - a virtual tie in total viewers.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »

I loved last night's episode of "Six Degrees"...and HOW GREAT to see Campbell Scott on television in a good role!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2006, 02:26:54 PM »

Oh....the afternoon hasn't totally SUCKED.

Of course, it's still only 2:30 p.m.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2006, 02:30:45 PM »

You AMAZING RACE fans will be pleased to read that CBS has ordered a spring 2007 edition of the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2006, 02:33:07 PM »

Now, I'm heading down to mop the kitchen floor and then visit some more with EIleen Heckart and her entertaining life before returning to tonight's TV/DVD offerings.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2006, 02:34:21 PM »

...Or maybe I'll watch Annette Bening on "Oprah" - it was sort of a mini-preview of "Running With Scissors" - and take a cat nap...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2006, 02:35:15 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Could you run down to Castro Street and find someone to kiss your boo-boo?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »

This is elmore3003 reporting from Manhattan on the Broadway premiere of Bruce kimmel in THE LAST STARFIGHTER reading:  he was an absolute delight!  In fact, the entire show was quite delightful, with excellent character actors, some attractive young actor, a charming leading (young man), and some excellent musical and comedic moments.  Our BK looked as if he were enjoying himself immensely, and his good humor and way with a melody and a lyric should be the envy of others.  

Kudos go as well to our DR FJL for his humorous and touching libretto and to Skip Kennon for some wonderful music and outrageous lyrics. Mr Kennon also plays an excellent piano.  I enjoyed myself immensely.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

DR Jose, your passport?  Are you taking that donkey act back to Tijuana?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2006, 03:09:56 PM »

DR Jose, your passport?  Are you taking that donkey act back to Tijuana?

NO!

I'm covering the Gulf Coast of Mexico this time.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2006, 03:10:44 PM »

OK.. Time for me to head out for my theatrical adventure tonight...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2006, 03:17:30 PM »

OK.. Time for me to head out for my theatrical adventure tonight...

Laters...

Have fun!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2006, 03:29:50 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely dinner with hosts FJL and Skip.  It was yummilicious - I had some pasta pesto tihng - not a fan of green, but it was tasty.  Am now having a cuppa tea and then will be on my to see A Chorus Line. I talked too much at dinner and will now have to keep my mouth shut the rest of the evening - I'll get up around eight-thirty tomorrow, which will give me plenty of time to walk, have a cuppa tea, shave, shower and hopefully be in voice for our 11:30 show.  Then we have four hours, which will hopefully be enough time to recuperate, and after that I'll talk as much as I damn well please.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2006, 03:50:17 PM »

Today, I have a trip to Toyland, then The Last Starfighter, and a quiet evening with The Brain.

M. Barnum is in town?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2006, 04:09:35 PM »

I suppose I shall toddle over to A Chorus Line, after which I shall return with a full report and some Swedish Fish (I've been having a bag of Swedish fish every night before retiring).  Of course, if I made such a product, I'd call it What Is It, Fish?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2006, 04:10:14 PM »

It got pretty chilly in NY today, so I'll be wearing my jacket this evening.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up