Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HAYLEY KISSED ME  (Read 18305 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:HAYLEY KISSED ME
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2005, 09:28:45 AM »

Going to theatre myself to see BLOWN SIDEWAYS THROUGH LIFE.....sounds like it's something I can relate to.

Laters.....as DRJOSE would say.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!  (for the HHW East Coasters)

I inadvertently WUSSBURGERed out last night.  I think it was from the caffeine drop I had after the cafe au lait I had with dessert.  I just totally zonked out.  Next thing I knew it was 11:30 this morning. Whew!

It's a very gray day here. I may go for a run, or I may go ahead and tackle the kitchen floor, or... or...

But for now I'm watching "Trading Spaces"...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2005, 09:49:18 AM »

Topic for discussion...

How are your New Year's Resolutions coming along? -That is if you made New Year's resolution(s).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2005, 09:50:25 AM »

DR Matthew - Have a great time (again) in Disneyland.  And enjoy "Fantasmic" - I've seen the show down at Disneyworld - true Disney magic.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2005, 09:59:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

We had rain on and off, including some really heavy rain early in the morning.  Hard to tell what kind of day it's going to be at the moment.  

Now, might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

ERUMPENT!  That's what we need.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2005, 10:33:20 AM »

Oh, I SEE.  It's going to be one of THOSE days is it?  

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2005, 11:09:35 AM »

What was the play about?

It was a comedy which takes place in the deep south. A guy keels over dead and the very disfunctional Baptist family makes funeral arrangements.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2005, 11:12:48 AM »

I am gonna do a Jose today and clean, clean, clean! My house has become a pigstye again and I hate it. So much clutter...so little room! I must sweep, mop, throw stuff out, and rearrange...then when all is sparkling I will sit my self down and watch SHADOW OF THE THIN MAN.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2005, 11:14:07 AM »

I'm going to the theater (or theatre) also.  I'm ushering for the tour of Say Goodnight Gracie starring the one and only Frank Gorshin, and it's written by Rupert Holmes.  It should be very good.  And since I didn't have any Chinese food yesterday, I'm going to go to Panda Express ("Gourmet Chinese Food!") for lunch today.  So, I'd better take my shower and get going.  I have to be at the theater (or theatre) by 12:30.  As Jose says (and many others quote), "Laters!"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 11:15:13 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2005, 11:14:50 AM »

In honor of Hayley Mills kissing our BK, maybe Guy Haines could consider adding a bonus track to his new album, singing "Let's Get Together," but at a slow and sexy speed!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2005, 11:20:22 AM »

I enjoyed Say Goodnight Gracie very much.  It's slight, but very nicely done.

ERUMPENT!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2005, 11:43:51 AM »

Metaphor: As erumpent as a pustule on the backside of a pachyderm.

8) or :P, take your pick.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 12:18:56 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2005, 11:50:09 AM »

ErumPENT.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2005, 11:51:30 AM »

It's a bit windy out, but thankfully it is not raining.  Hopefully, that will hold until the TV is delivered.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2005, 11:53:10 AM »

We're not even to page three yet - how dreary.  I see people but I sure don't see posts.  Let get some ACTION going on, shall we?  You'd think it was a Sunday or something.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2005, 12:04:06 PM »

Good afternoon!

Greetings from Steve's new building!  Very cool!  It's a converted old factory space.  Lots of exposed wood beams and metal I-beams.  We just finished taking more measurements and pictures of his new apartment.  He's gonna start picking out paint colors with the aid of the online paint chips and PhotoShop.

-Oh, and there's a wireless internet connection accessible from the lobby and other parts of the building.  -Which is how I'm connecting now!

;)

We're hanging out in a friends' apartment.  They moved in a few weeks ago - which is how Steve found out about this new place.

And there's a beautiful dog here - golden lab, I believe.  Very sweet.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2005, 12:05:23 PM »

So, let me get this straight:  There are five people here, reading posts.  I ask for some ACTION, and the only action we get is that they LEAVE without posting.  That will not do, oh, no, that will not do at all.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2005, 12:06:24 PM »

DR MBarnum - Enjoy your cleaning!  I guess I shall tackle the kitchen floor tomorrow.  Or not.  However, I do have it in my head to start going through the various piles and bags of papers and mail in my room whilst I watch TV tonight.  My paper shredder will most certainly get a workout tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2005, 12:07:21 PM »

Oh - The dog is a "rescue dog", Phoebe.  Part golden lab, part retriever with a smidgen of husky.  Very pretty dog.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2005, 12:39:44 PM »

Ohhhh...

Pretty dog.  Not pretty farts.

:-X
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2005, 12:40:31 PM »

I'm watching the "Project Runway" marathon on Bravo right now.  Lots of examples of ERUMPENT.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2005, 12:42:46 PM »

I'm surprised you aren't watching the chocolate competition on FoodNetwork.   ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2005, 12:46:38 PM »

I've got a question/topic for the day: What is the worst gift of clothing you have ever received?

For me, I once received a white pullover-type shirt.  Two problems: it was emblazoned with a Playboy bunny logo over the breast, where I'd have much preferred a pocket, and it was made of this strange plastic material that was incredibly itchy and would have melted in the dryer even at the lowest setting.

It's hard to be gracious at times like that.   :-\

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2005, 01:01:54 PM »

George, your card last night reminded me of this one I bought in Britain.  The caption reads:  "They were the perfect Valentine's couple - he danced like a tw#t and she looked like one."  I've never sent it because I can't bear to part with it.  It was one of those moments where I guffawed out loud when I picked it up.  I'm thinking of framing it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 01:03:42 PM by Charles Pogue »

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2005, 01:07:36 PM »

I agree with you, DR JRand, and appreciate your gallant comment. Hayley should not do musicals where her character must do a lot of singing. It's not her strong suit. She's a lovely actress, however, and that got her through.

Had to throw in my agreement on this. DR Jed and I saw her play Desiree in A Little Night Music last year at the 5th Avenue in Seattle.  The show overall left something to be desired, possibly because it was a preview night and things had not yet jelled, but Ms Mills' performance was sadly one of the weakest spots in the show.  Not only was her singing voice truly not up to the task..she just seemed too darned sweet to play Desiree.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2005, 01:15:30 PM »

Big shock headline in our newspaper this morning. Charlotte Rep, our city's Equity theater, has gone under and is closing its doors. The rest of the seeason has been canceled.

It's a sad day for the arts in Charlotte.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2005, 01:17:18 PM »

I'm surprised you aren't watching the chocolate competition on FoodNetwork.   ;)

That's what the remote control is for!

;)

I also watched it late night a few nights ago during the 2:00 or 3:00 slot which seems to "float" programming-wise.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2005, 01:19:32 PM »

Oh, I really like SHADOW OF THE THIN MAN. Powell is excellent, and I was really surprised by the identity of the murderer when I first saw the film. Besides, Barry Nelson is some kind of gorgeous in this movie.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2005, 01:21:54 PM »

Big shock headline in our newspaper this morning. Charlotte Rep, our city's Equity theater, has gone under and is closing its doors. The rest of the seeason has been canceled.

It's a sad day for the arts in Charlotte.

I saw the news posted on Playbill.com this morning.  Very sad news indeed, and, unfortunately, probably not the last closing for arts organizations around the country.

Theatre Virginia in Richmond went through a very similar and sudden(!) closing a few years ago.

I remember reading about the financial troubles that Charlotte Rep has been going through about a year ago, and I know their debt was brought into question during the construction and move to their new facility.  -And since I play for the SouthEastern Theatre Conference, I've always heard about Charlotte Rep since our Fall convention takes place in Charlotte - at Spirit Square.

Let up hope the proverbial Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2005, 01:22:55 PM »

Oh, that's right!  The SNL special is on tonight.  I guess I know which show I'll be watching while I'm shredding away.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up