Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ESTATE SALE  (Read 18254 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE ESTATE SALE
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2005, 08:33:45 PM »

Charles Pogue, I misunderstood what you wrote as to when Davis and DeHavilland were discussing Flynn's performance. I thought you meant they were watching dailies when Davis made that statement which is why I worded my comment as I did.

It wouldn't surprise me if she changed her mind about his work, especially after she suffered that stroke and seemed a bit mellower about her old co-stars (except for Joan Crawford, Karen Black, and Faye Dunaway: she never had anything nice to say about any of them.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2005, 08:37:56 PM »

Guess I'll be headed for bed now. It's been a long day ( a HOW TO SUCCEED reference.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2005, 08:44:34 PM »

Bette liked to played the grand actress a little too much.  Many she would have gotten along better with her co-stars, if she had given them some credit for maybe knowing as much as she did or some things she didn't.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2005, 08:53:29 PM »

Time for bed! Once again thanks to everyone who came today and especially to Jose for the ticket and goodies. (And thanks to JRand for the Annette cd!) It was a great way to spend the afternoon. I wasn't sure what to expect but everyone was easy-going and laid back so I felt right at home.  If I got a dollar for everytime JRand told a "before Joey was born" story I'd have enough money to go buy some ice cream! I actually stopped off at the local ice cream place before I came back up to Muncie and ordered a large milkshake. I forgot that a large was a 44 ounce cup! It took me the entire hour and a half up to finish it, but I did! ;D <----What my mouth will look like after tomorrow afternoon! :D I'll make my roomate take pictures so I can post them tomorrow.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2005, 09:00:54 PM »

DR Joey - What will be the first food you eat tomorrow "after"?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2005, 09:01:24 PM »

OK - I'm gonna start packing...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2005, 09:06:40 PM »

Now I want ice cream.

I'm really sorry I missed the conversation about albino hermaphrodites.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2005, 09:07:36 PM »

I haven't decided yet though a candied apple would be good even though it is out of season. Hmmm decisions, decisions... Alright I really must head to bed now. Goodnight! I am sure I will dream of brightly colored spandex  outfits as the songs from the show have been running through my head non-stop. :-)
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Jed

« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2005, 09:07:59 PM »

In about 20 minutes, "Extreme Makeover:  Home Edition" will be on, then I'll watch "Desperate Housewives" and finally, "Grey's Anatomy" (which is set and bits filmed in Seattle).  My niece said that "Boston Legal" won't be back until the fall and that "Grey's Anatomy" will finish out the season! :o That's not fair!  Why can't both be on??  I mean, I like "Grey's Anatomy," but I really like "Boston Legal."  Darn.

Not quite right.  Boston Legal actually returns in two weeks to finish up the last few weeks of the season.  I need my Denny Crane fix.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2005, 09:12:20 PM »

Great photo with the kids TCB.
Hope to meet you all in 2006 - ICE-CREAM tour.

We can hardly wait!!!

Dinner was delightful as always.  And good golly that burrito was big!

Of course, I've already congratulated TCB in person on his Annie Get Your Gun casting.  I look forward to when I'm able to share similar news again...
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2005, 09:42:48 PM »

Thanks for the good thoughts about the audition. I'll let you folks know something when I know something.

But, when Matt, when???
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2005, 10:06:52 PM »

TESSITURA, baby, TESSITURA!

MBarnum

« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2005, 10:16:18 PM »

Good evening all! I have returned from my Seattle trip and have caught up on all the HHW goings on from the last 3 days and now I am exhausted!

Loved the photos of the Indiana gathering! What a lovely bunch of people!!

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2005, 10:23:39 PM »

Seattle was a ton of fun! We stayed at my buddy Mark's boyfriend James' apartment which is up in the capitol hill area. James has two beautiful cats...Fat Kitty and Black Kitty! LOL!

We walked all over downtown Seattle and around capitol hill...down to Pike's market, over to the International district, up to the water tower and the park.  Went to a wonderful, and very fancy dinner party at James' friends home which was a 40 minute drive north of Seattle...so much food and wine!

And who knew there were so many Arabian/Egyptian stores in Seattle...I went to 3 of them...bought some CDs and an Egyptiam movie from the 1947s called THE GENIE LADY...a fun looking musical.

I am exhausted and glad to be home, however. I took my camera but kept forgetting to snap photos. I did take a few while we were at the Timberline bar on Friday night. I will post some tomorrow.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2005, 10:41:56 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I am Ti-red!  Whew!

All my clothes are packed, and I just have to pack my carry-on in the morning.  Thankfully, my flight doesn't get depart until 1:30, so I can sort of sleep in tomorrow morning.  The trade-off, however, is that I will hit the Capitol Beltway at the peak of rush hour.  Ah, well....  Hmm.. I guess I could make a stop to get my hair cut - I'm a few days overdue.

I'm thinking I'll stay at my folks place in Fairfax tomorrow night, and then head back to Richmond Tuesday morning.  We'll see...

I'm actually not looking forward to heading back to Richmond - well, to my apartment at least.  Kind of sad, actually.  I called my roomie today and informed him of my itinerary.  If he at least cleaned the bathroom sometime over the past five weeks, I should be happy.  But, again, we'll see.

*As someone pointed out to me, I've already psychologically moved out and moved on, so...  I just need to breathe and not get stressed out about things.  Especially when the "things" I've been stressing about have not been unexpected.

Thanks again to Joey, Jack, Ginny and Richard for making the trip to Clowes Memorial Hall today.  It was great meeting all of you.  Where else but on HHW would people come to see a show where the person they "know" is not even on stage or in sight, just heard.  I truly feel honored.  *And now you have an extra Angel Pin to pass on to someone else.  ;)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2005, 11:05:17 PM »

DRGINNY & DH RICHARD - thanks for the photos!  I just realized that JOSE and JOEY (soon to have braces removed) are colored coordinated in blue, and GINNY & I are in lovely earth tones.

Glad you enjoyed the Annette CD's - all of the songs recorded, of course, BEFORE JOEY WAS BORN - there's another dollar for you, DR JOEY.

And now everyone at HHW can understand why I use Miss Frances Farmer as my avatar - TOO MUCH SKIN ON THE SKULL.  I will say I am on a lovely diet so that by mid-summer there will be less of me to see...not more hair, mind you, but less of me.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2005, 11:07:38 PM »

Lovely photo of DRs ANN & JED - and DRTCB next time ask the waiter to snap the photo so you can be included!

DRGEORGE - I love to listen to the EATING RAOUL cd!  It is all funny, but my favorite song is "Mary" sung by Paul Bland.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2005, 11:10:19 PM »

DRLAURA - I hope you were NOT the one who had to take the minutes of the 5-hour meeting!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2005, 11:34:33 PM »

DRGEORGE - I love to listen to the EATING RAOUL cd!  It is all funny, but my favorite song is "Mary" sung by Paul Bland.

I like it too, but "Hot Monkey Love" is the best title! ;) I also love the songs "A Thought Occurs," "Think About Tomorrow" and "One Last Bop."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2005, 11:36:27 PM »

One Last Bop - LOL....of course me being ME - I would love to choreograph a production of the show!  It's already done!  I just need someone to produce the show!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2005, 11:39:36 PM »

We mentioned Tessitura a few times earlier today, MR BK.

But I am tempted to use it again, so I will.

Tessie (and friends) have some of the funniest lines in the show:

"I don't do scenes, so ba-low!"
"Maybe dere's sumpin wrong wit chur bumpa!"
"I didn't know we'd be sharing it with a group from the Virgin Islands!"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2005, 11:40:34 PM »

Tessitura - is this some type of Italian vacation plan?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2005, 11:44:37 PM »

DR MBARNUM - what with the geography in Seattle, I would think that a walk around town would really be a WALK!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2005, 11:51:40 PM »

Bedtime for me as well!  And yes the songs from MAMMA MIA! are running through my head.

It is a show that absolutely should NOT work, and yet it does!  The powerhouse cast we saw certainly had a LOT to do with that.  The story has just enough weight to it, and the songs are listed in alphabetical NOT run order, so that they hit you by surprise!

Title song is great, "Does Your Mother Know?" is a lot of fun - but the funniest intro and staging goes to "Take A Chance on Me!"  LOL....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2005, 11:56:34 PM »

When my sister and her friends took their "we're all 40 and we're going to celebrate in Vegas" trip with her friends who all turned 40, my sister and one other of the group saw the Vegas production of Mamma Mia.  They both loved it!  They knew it was fairly mindless entertainment, but they were entertained. ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 11:57:50 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up