Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAUNDRY LIST  (Read 7719 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE LAUNDRY LIST
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »

~~~Storage Resolution Vibes for BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »

Thanks, DR George!

DR Jane - no iron pills for me.  The hematologist didn't seem too concerned.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2010, 03:32:21 PM »

Elmo!! Let's have soup at Artie's very soon...

Dearest, darlingest PennyO! Any time at Arties with you is good for me. I'll be sending you an address soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »

I guess the non-blockbuster box office for THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG last Christmas pretty much put the last nail in the coffin for conventional animation for Disney for the near future. 

They should take into account the subject matter. A girl's fairy tale about kissing frogs is not something that will attract a big audience.

I don't know about that. I've kissed a lot of frogs in my day and none were princes!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2010, 03:34:24 PM »

Thanks, DR George!

DR Jane - no iron pills for me.  The hematologist didn't seem too concerned.

How do you feel?  Are you more tired than usual?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2010, 03:36:17 PM »

I'm starving now, but I'm still annoyed at having to deal with such a putz - and I'm waiting for the call to tell us how the move will work.

BK, what an awful story! I hope none of the papers mildew or stick together, and if any of my orchestra parts are wet, the ink will run.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2010, 03:58:45 PM »

Shocking news from MR BK about the storage unit.

But certainly he knows by now that NOTHING is ANYBODY's fault!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2010, 03:59:49 PM »

The head of the BMV in Indiana is now under arrest for asking an undercover policeman if he would like to go someplace and do something while presenting his ID in the restroom.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »

There were only three or four boxes of music ON the floor so we'll see how those are.  Hopefully it's not going to be awful, but if it is I will be filing a major claim with the Public Storage insurance company - I pay for insurance every month.  Meanwhile. we're meeting there at nine-thirty in the morning and they're giving me a 10x10 space, which they'll let me keep at my old 5x10 rate - so we'll see how that goes.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »

I shall work on your DVD DR MBARNUM....thanks for the tip about the Humane Society.

Okay DR DtM.....that is probably for the best.....in several scenes in the P/S version of THE MIRACLE, Mr Roger Moore is incomplete.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »

Hammer Films PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES is on TCM tonight, and it is ONE of my favorite Zombie thrillers.....

Jane

« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2010, 04:22:44 PM »

I wish I could iron left handed.  Fortunately I didn't have too much to do.  I remembered to drop the height of the ironing board which helped some, but not enough to compensate for the pain in my back from bending forward.

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »

My house has been invaded for weeks by soldier bugs. Since they are considered "beneficials", we don't kill them but try to take them outside. I have no idea how they're getting in here but this same thing happened at the same time last year.

The ants go marching one by one, hurrah....   oh, wait, they aren't ants...

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »

Seasonal allergy vibes to Cillaliz. I'm also affected by something right now; not sure what it is, but I'm trying not to let it get me sick!

I was a miserable mess this morning, but I took a very long hot shower, used my saline nasal mist, took an aleve for the pain and by about 9:00 i was feeling pretty good.  It didn't really come back and hit me again until late this afternoon.  I'm still better than I was and since it's 93 degrees out, I have on the ac which really helps the allergies

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2010, 04:35:18 PM »

93 in October......seriously, this is just not right.....93 degrees???   oh come on, it's fall...you know, that season where you put on a sweatshirt....

Jane

« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »

Tuesday Sherlock & I went to the hiking trails but skipped them on Wednesday.   Wednesday afternoon I noticed my Bluetooth was missing & could not imagine what I did with it.  Thursday I parked in my usual place at the trails.  Just before beginning my hike I happened to look down and there was my Bluetooth right below the driver's door.  I was thrilled to find it, and to find it in one piece. :D

Jane

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »

Cilla Keith is really suffering with his sinuses too.  I'm suffering but not as much as either of you, or I'm just used to it now. ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »

BK, if you go to the Hollywood Show, please tell Shirley Knight that you know someone who wishes that he could meet her face to face so that he could thank her for her incredible career; but especially for her performance in DARK AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS.  She was flawless!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2010, 04:44:54 PM »

Thanks to all for the vibes

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »

JRand, CAPE CANAVERAL MONSTERS does have ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE'S Scott Peters (Mac, the Marine) in a rare lead role, that alone made me buy the movie.

CCM sounds similar to SPACE CHILDREN.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »

Tuesday Sherlock & I went to the hiking trails but skipped them on Wednesday.   Wednesday afternoon I noticed my Bluetooth was missing & could not imagine what I did with it.  Thursday I parked in my usual place at the trails.  Just before beginning my hike I happened to look down and there was my Bluetooth right below the driver's door.  I was thrilled to find it, and to find it in one piece. :D

That's pretty cool, Jane!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2010, 05:05:33 PM »

Hammer Films PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES is on TCM tonight, and it is ONE of my favorite Zombie thrillers.....

I set my DVR for it, DR JRAnd. You have mentioned before how much you liked this movie, and it sounds like a perfect Friday Nite monster movie!

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »

I have made pretty good progress on the boxes. Buying the 4 drawer file cabinet at Goodwill was an excellent idea...sure helps keep track of and store stuff, I'll say.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2010, 05:08:48 PM »

That's pretty cool, Jane!

I know.  I must have dropped it on my lap before getting out of the car on Tuesday.  At first I didn't know what was on the ground.  I'm glad I gave it a good long look.

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »

Boy, some of the crap I have tossed. I had receipts and booklets for DVDs and VCRs and TVs and other machinery that died and left this world years ago.

Finally found my birth certificate and SS card.

Also came across all of my adoption and veterinarian paperwork for Bosco, Freddy, and my previous cat Buford. I think I shall keep all of that stuff as it helps remind me of what years I had each pet.

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »

Now I feel like a nap. I think I shall take one and then enjoy some motion picture enterainments later in the evening. No more unpacking for me, today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2010, 05:28:36 PM »

TCB - it now depends on how long it takes to move the storage stuff to the new space - same floor and my helper is bringing two helpers so I'm hoping it won't take more than an hour or two.  The good thing about doing the move is that I will finally, for the first time since taking the space in October of 2001, be able to get into the boxes in the back - and I'm hoping I find some important stuff in those boxes.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »

Finding important stuff vibes!!!

Jane

« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »

I'm tired.  I've been working hard around here in preparation of a visit with good friends.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up