Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ANSWERING THE DOOR  (Read 15247 times)

ChasSmith

Re: ANSWERING THE DOOR
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2012, 01:43:20 PM »

That's a shock!

So is...   PAGE 4.

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2012, 01:43:53 PM »

What I remember about Judith Crist is her reviewing gig on The Today Show - RIP.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »

DR Cillaliz, here's a Groupon I received today for the Hotel Wales.  Of course, since it's on the Upper East Side, DR Elmore probably won't visit you there  ;)

NYC is beautiful all decked out for Christmas.  Richard and I were there from Dec. 25, 1982 to Jan. 1, 1983, and had a fabulous time.  That's when we saw 8 shows in 6 days, including SNOOPY! with DR Elmore.

I didn't know that DR elmore was in SNOOPY.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2012, 01:46:54 PM »

My NEW Notebook computer has now been charging for 20 hours.  All the little lights on the keyboard come on, I can hear the fan kick in, but the screen remains dark.  I have, also, performed a Hard Reset as suggested by my HP friend, Abhijit.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »

DR Cillaliz, here's a Groupon I received today for the Hotel Wales.  Of course, since it's on the Upper East Side, DR Elmore probably won't visit you there  ;)

NYC is beautiful all decked out for Christmas.  Richard and I were there from Dec. 25, 1982 to Jan. 1, 1983, and had a fabulous time.  That's when we saw 8 shows in 6 days, including SNOOPY! with DR Elmore.

I didn't know that DR elmore was in SNOOPY.

LOL!  He was in the audience with us, of course.  I remember that we went to Barrymore's for dinner before the show and back there for dessert afterwards.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »

My Weather Bug tells me that it is currently 65 degrees in Tacoma.  Although two weeks ago I would have bitched that it didn't seem much like summer; the two 96 degree days have convinced me to keep my mouth shut!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:59:26 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »

Interview was fun.  Also had a nice e-mail from the daughter of Dorothy Collins asking if she could get a Follies CD.  Of course we're sending it to her immediately.

That's great, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

DR elmore I had also guessed the leak several months ago.

Me too- well didn't know the details, but guessed the person

I can't say when my thoughts on this were confirmed without giving too much away. 

George

« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2012, 02:03:16 PM »

Off to Family Night Dress Rehearsal of THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE

Dress rehearsal already??  It seems like MILLIE auditions were just last week!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »

I have the Olympic volleyball game playing in the background, while I wait to hear back from Abhijit.  However, I finally had to turn around and check out the game when I kept hearing the announcer saying that the Americans were ahead of the Dominicans.  I had to check to make sure they weren't playing an Order of nuns.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2012, 02:03:38 PM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Lunch with the grantwriters today - it was at their August meeting 2 years ago that I had my heart attack.  I will try not to do an encore.

No encores PLEASE!!!
No. No encores. Dr.'s and DR's orders.

No encore today! 

:D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »

That was auditions for SEE HOW THEY RUN.  MILLIE has had, at least, two weeks of rehearsals.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »

Craig is out for a late goodbye lunch with a friend.  I suppose when he returns he will attempt to load up his car.  He thought he might rent one of these for the trip but it didn't happen.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »

I feel very sorry for the coach of the American Volleyball Team.  Although he continually refuses to talk about the murder of his in-laws four years ago; NBC just won't leave the subject alone.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2012, 02:07:31 PM »

Craig is out for a late goodbye lunch with a friend.  I suppose when he returns he will attempt to load up his car.  He thought he might rent one of these for the trip but it didn't happen.

I have never seen one like that before.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »

After carting so much across the country & paying for storage most of it will be left here or given away.  We have had a beautiful roll top desk in our garage for almost 14 years.  It too will be given away.  The local Hospice store have have first option on everything.  Goodwill will get the rest.

What he is keeping & won't fit in his SUV, after the pets, their supplies, and a few clothes for Craig, we will mail to him or save here.

What a pain moving is.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »

I have never seen one like that before.

;D  I think it is kind of cool.  Apparently it isn't easy to find either, at least not in small towns.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2012, 02:11:44 PM »

I feel very sorry for the coach of the American Volleyball Team.  Although he continually refuses to talk about the murder of his in-laws four years ago; NBC just won't leave the subject alone.

The news can be so obnoxious.  WHY would he want to talk about that!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »

Interview was fun.  Also had a nice e-mail from the daughter of Dorothy Collins asking if she could get a Follies CD.  Of course we're sending it to her immediately.
That's great. What a great gift to give her daughter.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »

After carting so much across the country & paying for storage most of it will be left here or given away.  We have had a beautiful roll top desk in our garage for almost 14 years.  It too will be given away.  The local Hospice store have have first option on everything.  Goodwill will get the rest.

What he is keeping & won't fit in his SUV, after the pets, their supplies, and a few clothes for Craig, we will mail to him or save here.

What a pain moving is.

A roll top desk!  I am heartsick.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2012, 02:15:59 PM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Lunch with the grantwriters today - it was at their August meeting 2 years ago that I had my heart attack.  I will try not to do an encore.

No encores PLEASE!!!
Roast chicken? One of my absolute favorites. Ran two great and very different recipes this week on how to make roast chicken with skin that practically crackles with goodness.
No encore today!  I did 5 errands on the way home and arrived in time to put a chicken in the oven for our dinner.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »

I wish someone were taking the trip with Craig.  With this heat he can't leave the pets in the car during the days.  He figures he will be driving about 10 hours a day without stops.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »

What a pain moving is.

A roll top desk!  I am heartsick.

So am I.  We never could find a place for it here & Craig has always wanted it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2012, 02:18:11 PM »

No encores PLEASE!!!

No encore today!  I did 5 errands on the way home and arrived in time to put a chicken in the oven for our dinner.

Roast chicken? One of my absolute favorites. Ran two great and very different recipes this week on how to make roast chicken with skin that practically crackles with goodness.

John is your new book only available at your local Costco?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »

I wish someone were taking the trip with Craig.  With this heat he can't leave the pets in the car during the days.  He figures he will be driving about 10 hours a day without stops.

Will Craig be staying in motels at night?  Or is he sleeping in the car?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »

That was auditions for SEE HOW THEY RUN.  MILLIE has had, at least, two weeks of rehearsals.

Wow...they sure do get through a lot of shows!

George

« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »

At first, I thought you wrote that he was going to rent a car.  It took me a while to realize that that wasn't a picture of the car that I thought that he was going to rent. :D

George

« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »

My NEW Notebook computer has now been charging for 20 hours.  All the little lights on the keyboard come on, I can hear the fan kick in, but the screen remains dark.  I have, also, performed a Hard Reset as suggested by my HP friend, Abhijit.

I charged mine overnight and after only 12 minutes of use, I have 78% battery power left.

That doesn't sound like a lot of available battery time, does it??

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »

Good Afternoon!

So far, so good.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2012, 02:36:26 PM »

Btw, I am soooooooo in love with this weather!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up