Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ZIP AND THE ZING  (Read 22410 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE ZIP AND THE ZING
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2004, 09:13:24 PM »

Early to bed.  Tomorrow is a split shift, starting just about at sunrise.   :o

At least it's a paycheck.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2004, 09:14:20 PM »

Page Six Dance:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]tip-toe through the tulips[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2004, 09:24:59 PM »

Good vibes to TD and his loved ones**

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2004, 09:27:08 PM »

The best of thoughts and wishes to you and yours td.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »

Last night I watched Minx go through a petit mal seizure. When she was out of it the seizure she was only slightly disoriented and prone to walking in large circles. Even on her leash, she was directionless in the yard. She wouldn't accept a teaspoon of whiskey, one vet's suggestion for a previous dog with epilepsy, but I did manage to get some Rescue Remedy into her, which did allow her to relax, finally lie down and sleep.
I stayed home from work today to keep close tabs on her.  Minx was her normal self this morning, no signs whatsoever of the trauma of last night.  She woke up, greeted me at the table, walked to the door in anticipation of her morning walk, drank a few sips of water then lay at my feet til i finished my cup of coffee.  No wandering on her walk, straight to business.  Once inside, she went straight for the steps as she does any other morning.  She ate her two treats, then laid down in her normal spot on the sofa.  Once I put a cd (Joe Nichols' REVELATION) into the player, she hopped down and got comfortable in front of the speakers.  She contentedly slept through the dvd of COLD MOUNTAIN later this afternoon.  She is pretty fine, right now, no sign of after-effects, she's been bouncy and energetic at her "usual" times; that old biological clock is running accurately.
So, tomorrow morning, Mom has her 13th surgery (may we asy "Lucky Number Thirteen?" This surgery, scheduled for 8:30am, will place a metal rod the whole way down her leg from the hip to the ankle.  Her hospital stay shouldn't be much longer than a week.

I would say that Minx sleeping through COLD MOUNTAIN would be a sure sign of good health.  

Prayers to you, dear td, on all counts.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2004, 10:50:50 PM »

Good Evening!

I am back from my dinner with DR Jay, and we had a wonderful time.  He took to me a place called Mark's.  Not only was the food very good, but the "scenery" was too.  Afterwards, we headed over to West Hollywood to walk around for a while.  I wasn't in a "bar mood" tonight - I just wanted to walk around and check out the scene.  And for a Monday night, there were a good number of people out and about.  *And if I ever needed any "motivation" to drop a couple of more pounds, I sure did get it tonight.  -Although, no matter how much I try, I know my hair would never do that unkempt-moussed look. ;)

So... Thank again, Jay, for showing me yet more of the town!

-I need to take care of some e-mails right now... I'll be back in a little bit...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 10:52:33 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2004, 11:06:18 PM »

Indeed, dinner with Dear Reader Jose was delightful.  The conversation was sparkling and we laughed and laughed and then we laughed some more.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2004, 11:44:17 PM »

Quick!  I have got to post this before the duct tape, holding my computer together, decides to break again.

Back in around 1979, when I first moved to New Jersey, I got together one night with another former Tacoma actor who was then living in New York.  Jerry and I got together in The Village for drinks, and then we went to see THE FANTASTICKS at the Sullivan Playhouse.  One of Jerry’s roommates, at the time, was an actor by the name of Christopher Seppe, who was playing Matt in the show.  Later, Christopher appeared in the original Off-Broadway production of CHARLOTTE SWEET.  Now I had seen a lot of productions of that show over the years, ranging from wonderful to D.O.A.  But that night, seeing that show in that theater with that cast was one of the most magical experiences I had ever had in the theater.  The moon may have been cardboard, but I feel under its spell.  I fell in love with El Gallo, I fell in love with Matt, I fell in love with The Man Who Dies; Hell, I even feel in love with Luisa.

As much as I enjoy the music from CELEBRATION, 110 IN THE SHADE, and I DO, I DO; the music of THE FANTASTICKS will always hold a very special place in my heart.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2004, 11:44:31 PM »

...and we laughed and laughed and laughed some more as well.  I mean The Lovely Wife and  I and Mr. Kimmel and the lovely Tammy Minoff at dinner before the show (We chose a Japanese joint in the arcade around the corner, Jay, the only restaurant open nearby).  The show and music were lovely too. As were the inimitable Mr. Schmidt and Jones.  One of the few times in recent years where I've been part of a standing ovation that has been richly deserved.  An altogether delightful evening.  More tomorrow.  After BK has done his report.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2004, 11:57:13 PM »

I'd better get this in before the end of the day.  Today's Topic of the Day:

Overall Schmidt & Jones shows that I love:
The Fantasticks
110 In the Shade

Individual songs of theirs that I love:
Celebration
Flaming Agnes
Melisande
Orphan in the Storm
Simple Little Things
Somebody
Soon It's Gonna Rain
They Were You
This Plum Is Too Ripe
Try To Remember
Why Can't I Walk Through That Door?/Now I Must Walk Through That Door
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 12:03:27 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2004, 12:04:39 AM »

Now I must go to sleep.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2004, 12:35:45 AM »

I'm back and to prove it I'm here.  There was a lovely partay afterwards and we stayed much longer than I normally do, mostly chatting with Harvey and Tom.  I must write the notes now and get them up quickly.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2004, 12:52:36 AM »

I can't sleep... and no party details for my mental delectation... Skammen.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up