Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY  (Read 92525 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: May 01, 2007, 04:08:09 PM »

So it is written, so it shall be done - page eleven.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #302 on: May 01, 2007, 04:08:20 PM »

Will we never get to page twelve?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #303 on: May 01, 2007, 04:08:48 PM »

I'd like to see how fast we can achieve page twelve, since it took two bloody hours to reach this page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »

I've been trying to watch a DVD entitle Von Richtofen and Brown.  I have no idea what this movie is about after thirty minutes of viewing.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #305 on: May 01, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »

As for A Chorus Line...  I'll just be sitting in the pit, auditing, visiting, observing, etc.
Gossiping, dishing, snorting with hilarity...

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #306 on: May 01, 2007, 04:32:07 PM »

Gossiping, dishing, snorting with hilarity...

;)

Munching on a Levain's cookie....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #307 on: May 01, 2007, 04:36:34 PM »

And staring up the leggings of the male cast members...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #308 on: May 01, 2007, 04:36:50 PM »

I thought we were talking about a TRAIN conductor!

He probably knows more about trains than he'll ever know about music!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: May 01, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »

I thought we were talking about a conductor of electricity.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #310 on: May 01, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »

We began this page at 4:07.  It is not 4:50 and we're not much further along.  Don't make me get out the bitch-slapping machine on the first day of a new month.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #311 on: May 01, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »

I think I'm going to give up on Von Richthofen and Brown, despite enjoying the score by Hugo Friedhofer.  I just can't figure out what the story is, who I'm supposed to give a flying Wallenda about (it's the story of a bunch of Germans in WW1 flying around shooting people in the sky and on the ground).  I have the same problem with the awful The Blue Max.

Tomovoz

« Reply #312 on: May 01, 2007, 04:54:07 PM »

For some reason my thoughts have turned to Thomas The Tank Engine today..  Fat Controller.

There may be a progression to "Starlight Express".  I'm channeling DR Matthew.  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #313 on: May 01, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »

That's awful! I'm so sorry. I know Amazon will replace it, but still!

My Tyrone Power boxed set came today as did Season Six of WILL & GRACE and the Tony Awards play set.

A Tony Awards play set?  Wow!  I want one of those!  Does it look like Radio City Music Hall or the Minskoff?  Does it come with a Nathan Lane or are figurines sold seperately?  How many tiny Tonys come with it?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #314 on: May 01, 2007, 04:56:10 PM »

DR Cillaliz, I've been remiss about commenting on all your news.  This is really neat.  Can I send you any office furniture catalogs I may have lying around the office?

Sure if you want to. I've been working with my scratch and dent guy. He's given me some fabulous deals on things I can't really find anything wrong with.   So far I have my desk, a leather couch for either my office or the reception area and 2 wingback chairs for wherever the sofa doesn't work.  I have followed up each visit by searching for the items on the internet and have discovered they were really incredibly good deals.  He thinks I'm funny and likes the way I think out loud about what I want to do.  I like the way he keeps discounting his discounts.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #315 on: May 01, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »

DR Jrand, have you seen this?

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2007, 04:58:35 PM »

Sad to hear about Mr Scott. "Tarzan's Greatest Adventure" was my favourite.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #317 on: May 01, 2007, 04:59:02 PM »

We began this page at 4:07.  It is not 4:50 and we're not much further along.  Don't make me get out the bitch-slapping machine on the first day of a new month.

Ooh!  Ooh!  

Get it out!  Get it out!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #318 on: May 01, 2007, 05:00:27 PM »

A Tony Awards play set?  Wow!  I want one of those!  Does it look like Radio City Music Hall or the Minskoff?  Does it come with a Nathan Lane or are figurines sold seperately?  How many tiny Tonys come with it?

LOL.  I'll buy it for the Matthew Broderick figurine.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: May 01, 2007, 05:00:54 PM »

I just received this shocking e-mail "from" Bank of America.  I had to share it with you - I took it very seriously because of its excellent use of grammar.

Dear Customer,  bruce.

You are receiving this message, due to you protection, Our Online Technical Security Service Foreign IP Spy recently detected that your online account was recently logged on from am 79.47.122.204 without am International Access Code (I.A.C) and from an unregistered computer, which was not verified by the Our Online Service Department.

If you last logged in you online account on Thursday April 5th 2007, by the time 6:45 pm from an Foreign Ip their is no need for you to panic, but if you did log in your account on the above Date and Time, kindly take 2-3 minute of your online banking experince to verify and register your computer now to avoid identity theft, your protection is our future medal.

Verification Link

Notice: You can acess your account from a foreign IP or country by getting am (I.A.C) International Access Code, by contacting our local brances close to you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #320 on: May 01, 2007, 05:02:17 PM »

I changed nothing in that e-mail - it came to me exactly as you see it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #321 on: May 01, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »

What a thoughtful e-mail.  

:D

And just filled with little clues!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #322 on: May 01, 2007, 05:02:47 PM »

It's funny that you consider that a success.  While they did rectify your problem as soon as you called, APRIL 11TH was 3 WEEKS AGO.  That is completely unacceptable! (although i would have called the day after the item was scheduled to be delivered).

Whenever I order from Amazon, I choose the free shipping, where they estimate that it takes 3-5 days longer, but that's okay with me.  I don't mind it taking longer because it saves me a bit o' money.  AND I've always gotten what I've ordered before their estimated delivery date, so I'm happy about that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: May 01, 2007, 05:02:53 PM »

I see a whole slew of dear readers, but I do not see a whole slew of postings.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #324 on: May 01, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »

Yes, we folks here in America are just plain S-T-U-P-I-D!

Tomovoz

« Reply #325 on: May 01, 2007, 05:03:16 PM »

I'm listening to The Fleetwoods.  I didn't know they were from Olympia WA and recorded in Seattle (as did the Ventures with "Walk Don't Run").

("Come Softly To Me" and "Mr Blue" (for those too young to know them)
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #326 on: May 01, 2007, 05:03:23 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS TO DR CILLALIZ on finding such a great office!

And, yes, you can mix traditional and contemporary furnishings quite successfully, IMHO.  I adore antiques, yet I have contemporary paintings.

How about mahagony furniture and oak walls? That's been the big dilemma right now. A little I think will be fine. The desk is mahagony and I'll have a little more. But I'm afraid to do too much mahagony with all those wood walls.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #327 on: May 01, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »

That goes without saying.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #328 on: May 01, 2007, 05:05:24 PM »

My experience with Amazon has been excellent. Of course I expect a three weeks wait. Amazon UK are very efficient indeed.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #329 on: May 01, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »

I wonder if DR Ben has "experienced" Chu Chin Chow yet. The Staged version was one of my Mother's great memories.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Up