Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN SALAD  (Read 17489 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:CHICKEN SALAD
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2006, 06:17:38 PM »

Yes, DR EDISAURUS - knowing what HICK HOP is was worth EXACTLY 99 cents!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2006, 06:19:23 PM »

I think the rain is finally over for the evening.  Time will tell.

I think something like The Man With the Atom Brain is on tonight on TCM.  I haven't seen it, so ... can't really tell from the abbreviated title in the TV PAPER....it might be the notorious Brain From Planet Arous...the brain that WANTS the human woman...wants her....but what'a a BRAIN to do?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2006, 06:21:17 PM »

Brain From Planet Arous Page Five Dance.  :o

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2006, 07:06:12 PM »

I will have to go back through all the days I was entertaining our company, if nothing else just to see the photos I missed.

I didn’t even make it through page 2 for today, gotta go.  I sure hope I have more time tomorrow.  I miss you guys.

'night

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2006, 07:21:03 PM »

Daylight savings starts here tonight.  Another adjustment to time zones!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2006, 07:37:11 PM »

Daylight savings starts here tonight.  Another adjustment to time zones!

Of course, it's tonight (Saturday) for the Old Europe!

Weird!

Another "weird" item:

Hollywood legends Olivia de Havilland and Dame Julie Andrews TOWERED by L.A. Lakers legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!

http://www.achievement.org/newsletter/2006/012.jpg

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2006, 08:29:36 PM »

I forgot to mention that one of the child stars in ON AN ISLAND WITH YOU with Kathryn Beaumont who later went on to voice Alice in ALICE IN WONDERLAND and Wendy in PETER PAN. When she appeared on the Disney TV show to publicize these features, I always thought she was a little plain (lovely voice), but in this MGM feature, she's very sweet and pert. I wonder if she had a lengthy career as a child star in England or is better known over there for things other than her two Disney features.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2006, 08:31:30 PM »

Tonight I began my evening's viewing finishing GYPSY. I still maintain that this is one of the most striking transfers that Warners has yet done.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2006, 08:32:42 PM »

Waiting for network TV to begin, I put in CHICAGO and watched "Nowadays/Honey Honey Rag." This is a film I mwant to go back to and watch from the beginning again very soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2006, 08:34:32 PM »

Since the World Series preempted the premiere of Fox's VANISHED on its new night, I instead watched the NBC game show 1 VS. 100. I got every question correct tonight except one dealing with the origin of names of salads. I (along with about 60 people on the panel) missed it. Had no clue.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2006, 08:36:19 PM »

SInce I didn't watch the CSI rerun last night on CBS, I put in a CSI episode from Season 4. This one had to do with the deaths of several police officers during a departmental marathon. Several surprising perps in this episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »

LAW & ORDER dealt with a case it's handled similarly before: deaths of soldiers blamed on faulty equipment knowingly sent overseas with full knowledge of its defects. The resolution was the most interesting thing about the case and very predictable in retrospect gioven the times in which we're living.

One of my favorite actors John Benjamin Hickey was the defense attorney in this episode. He pops up once or twice a year on L&O as this character.

François de Paris

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »

I forgot to mention that one of the child stars in ON AN ISLAND WITH YOU with Kathryn Beaumont who later went on to voice Alice in ALICE IN WONDERLAND and Wendy in PETER PAN. When she appeared on the Disney TV show to publicize these features, I always thought she was a little plain (lovely voice), but in this MGM feature, she's very sweet and pert. I wonder if she had a lengthy career as a child star in England or is better known over there for things other than her two Disney features.

Hummm.... I posted quite a few links about articles and pics of Kathryn Beaumont and Bobby Driscoll last week, I recall!

She also appeared in One Hour In Wonderland, the first TV show (Christmas one) Walt Disney ever did!

Que le monde est petit! ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 08:49:21 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2006, 08:48:29 PM »

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2006, 08:49:04 PM »

Hummm.... I posted quite a few links about articles and pics of Kathryn Beaumont and Bobby Driscoll last week, I recall!

She also appeared in One Hour In Wonderland, the first TV show (Christmas one) Walt Disney ever did!

Yes, that "One Hour in Wonderland" show was on the ALICE special edition laserdisc box, and I assume it's on the special edition DVD set (though I've only watched the movie from that set and none of the other content).

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2006, 08:49:58 PM »

Heading off to bed now.

Good night!

François de Paris

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2006, 08:51:14 PM »

I assume it's on the special edition DVD set (though I've only watched the movie from that set and none of the other content).

Yes, indeed! That's what it says on my copy that I haven't watched yet because I don't have a dvd player! Yes, I'm weird! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2006, 08:52:40 PM »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2006, 08:54:36 PM »

Yes, true, but I was more in a Merman mood than in a Mermaid one!

Nicely played! (A cricket referene)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

François de Paris

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »

More with... Peter Pan in same show!

http://www.donbrockway.com/kathandbob.JPG

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2006, 09:04:45 PM »

What is involved in becoming Elvira?
That is the part of being Elvira that I don't enjoy because it's a lot of makeup and an incredibly uncomfortable outfit. A lot of hair and hair spray issues because trying to get that hair up there is not easiest thing in the world. It's high and it needs a lot of hair spray and that takes a lot of work to get that going. That part of it is really the most difficult part. If I would have started out wearing a muumuu and flip-flops, I would be so much happier today.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

François de Paris

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2006, 09:05:50 PM »

der Brucer

No, no! That's NOT Kathryn Beaumont! She's (still) blond! ;D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2006, 09:10:49 PM »

Rehearsals can always go to 7, BK, unless, of course, the people that want you to see the first act of the musical visit your site and realize WHY it's going to seven.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2006, 09:32:44 PM »

Back from a nice rehearsal, and a dinner at Marie Callendar's - my first visit there where the service has sucked - I had to get up from the table three times to find my waiter - a table that was seated ten minutes after us had their drinks and order taken before us.  I finally called the manager over because two of us had our dinners and ten minutes later a simple beef dip sandwich hadn't arrived, not until I got up and really had it out with my waiter, who was behind the pie counter chatting instead of picking up a sandwich which had been sitting there for at least ten minutes.   I gave the manager an earful, but he was not a "real" manager - he did take half the price of the beef dip off them bill.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2006, 09:34:18 PM »

Back from a long day of doing research for my paper and a very lovely evening...

Me and DF Jon went to Silent Movie night at the Fargo Theatre and we saw Charlie Chaplin in Gold Rush. It was a fun movie and they had the Fargo Theatre Wurlitzer organ play the music.

They honored Lloyd Collins who was instrumental in restoring the Organ and he had tales to regale about its restoration. He was also a pianist for Peggy Lee when she first started on her musical career in Fargo.

The evening started off with a bit of Jazz from the Fargo South High School Jazz Band. They are very good and have even gone to the Montreaux festival in Switzerland.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2006, 09:38:21 PM »

I did have a tasty treat before the movie... DF and I went to a local deli and got ruben sandwiches.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2006, 09:39:58 PM »

Hello fellow Dear Readers. It has been a very busy day. My church's denomination is having its district conference at our church, and the whole thing would fall apart without me. Okay, maybe not. But it's been very very busy. I am one of the conference officers (Yikes!).

I will try to catch up on notes and posts later this weekend. I am bushed.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2006, 09:40:07 PM »

Bk, i hear you on poor service in a restaurant. I had that experience last week on campus... The gal was too busy flirting with her boyfriend and not paying attention to me and 8 others waiting to be served.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2006, 09:40:42 PM »

Take care Laura!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2006, 09:42:24 PM »

I do send great rehearsal vibes to bk and company!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up