Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WORKING THE WORKSHOP  (Read 5130 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WORKING THE WORKSHOP
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2019, 10:06:03 PM »

I just watched the first ten minutes of a horrible movie and shut it off.  It involves a - now wait for it - high school girl who is a journalist for the school paper who has to solve a mystery.  No, I am not kidding here.  It's like a Lifetime movie - horribly directed and acted - but the fun part is the girl herself is so annoying in a "now" way that everything is simply irritating.  THAT is why I love my Adriana Hofstetter.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2019, 10:06:42 PM »

There are now 59 confirmed cases of measles in the county I live in.

Jane

« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »

When we call a doctors office instead of the recordecd message telling you to call 911 in an emergency it begins with a measles protocol.  If you call a hospital it too immediately gives a message regarding measles.

Jane

« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2019, 10:35:15 PM »

I just watched the first ten minutes of a horrible movie and shut it off.  It involves a - now wait for it - high school girl who is a journalist for the school paper who has to solve a mystery.  No, I am not kidding here.  It's like a Lifetime movie - horribly directed and acted - but the fun part is the girl herself is so annoying in a "now" way that everything is simply irritating.  THAT is why I love my Adriana Hofstetter.

;D

Jane

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2019, 10:40:43 PM »

The great race has just come on the television machine

My friend Flip just messaged me because we saw this together in 1965.  He used to sing a funny version of the Sweetheart Tree to me.  Fun, sweet memories.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2019, 10:43:24 PM »

Four books automatically checked out from the library while I wasn't paying attention.   I have now put a pause on the rest of my books in my queue.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »

I had better start reading.

FJL

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2019, 11:29:25 PM »

This is just so bizarre, so one of those things that if it were in as script you'd say "Oh, come on." But it's now confirmed. My sister-in-law, Lady Joann Macbeth of Cranford has fro years had the same attorney as the theatre company here in NY that I've been having a legal hassle with since 2013.  (Lady Joann is she of conniving as far back as 2008 about beneficiaries and such, and not liking that as a CPA, my dad always had me handle all tax details and any letters for him, while my brother was great  in finding good interest rates which was something he enjoyed following.  Joann inexplicably seemed bothered that I'd be going through all the accounts, keeping track of their deductions, etc.  I never questioned any interest rate reaesrach  my brother did, as he seemed great at finding the best interest rates, and Dad seemed very happy that each of his sons were helping out and he didn't have to pay anyone for advice.)

I won't say the name, but it's a NY theater company whose head person inexplicably got them involved in a matter that shouldn't have ever involved the company at all.  Since the head person is a good friend and past collaborator of Skip's, and indeed seems to remain so,  it all made even less sense that this theater company stuck its nose into a matter which should not have involved them. 

FJL

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2019, 11:30:12 PM »

Over the years, there had been personal family info this company seemed to find out, about family members also, and I'd been trying to figure out how their lawyer knew this information.  It would also seem that something might be in an email to this theater company, and not long after my brother's wife Lady Joann Macbeth of Cranford, NJ would know about it - and it would slip out from a question to me from my mom in Florida. 

The attorneys who handle this theater company are Neil and Dan.  I've known about Neil for years, but just became aware recently that Dan was just as key in their law team, but somehow Dan's name had never been mentioned.

FJL

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2019, 11:31:46 PM »

So I just casually looked up Dan in the public attorney registration list to see who he is, and his NJ address was also here, that he lived in a town called Scotch Plains, NJ.   It happens my brother and Lady Joann Macbeth hot married in Scotch Plains, which is one town over from Cranford, where Lady Joann Macbeth of Cranford, NJ resides with my brother.  And the synagogue they go to is in Scotch Plains, NJ.   

And Marcia, the wife of Attorney Dan, happens to be on the Board at that very synagogue which Lady Joann Macbeth attends with my brother.

I write to Attorney Neil and cc's his law partner Attorney Dan, mentioning that information seemed to be getting from my emails to Neil to Joann, and checking that I assume information has not been getting to my sister-in-law because she and Dan go to the same synagogue, right?

FJL

« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2019, 11:36:37 PM »

Dan immediately "blocks" my emails.  Long and short:  Neil and Dan both do legal work for this theater company, Dan is advising Lady Joann Macbeth and indeed had written a detailed email for Joann to send me claiming that I was harassing her and my brother, which was confounding since at the time, my brother had been in regular contact with me with hotel info, flight info, rental car info, planning a four-dat trip to Florida for the three of us together to visit our parents.  So Joann was emailing that she felt harassed by my phone calls  even while my brother was actively planning this trip (the plans, flights, hotel, rental car location, were mostly in faxes that my brother wrote to me.  The weird detailed email from Lady Joann Macbeth drafted by theater Lawyer Dan came on May 9 and the trip was on May 19-23, just ten days later.)

Then, a wild email from the head of that theater company came on May 16, in the middle of all this.  That email claimed I was harassing his wife Linda, who knew me for 25 years then, and Linda felt threatened by a phone conversation that lasted under 40 seconds.

Then, in spring 2018, collaborator Julie (who I suspect has always not cared for the labor process of writing but loves having written) decides in a lawyerly long email that she finds an average 4-5 emails in a week harassing to her.  That word again!  But Julie is a person who thought nothing of sending our producer for a reading 12 or 13 emails in a day. 

Who knows?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2019, 11:37:53 PM »

Well, I need to go to sleep.  Today, the family is getting together at noon for our weekly family dinner for the first time in probably three weeks.  Then tonight, I'm going too see (I got free tickets, so I'm a patron not an usher!) Olympia Little Theatre's production of Men On Boats.  I'm really looking forward to this!

Have a good day, all!

Tonight, I saw Men On Boats and it was really good!  It's about the 10 men who were the first to travel by boat through the Grand Canyon.  What's unique about this play is that all the characters are played by women, and that's specified by the author. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »

Hi, Fred.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2019, 11:39:55 PM »

TOD: I love sushi. You can catch a lot of crayfish with that stuff.

:))

Jane

« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2019, 11:40:20 PM »

Sorry Dr FJL.

George

« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2019, 11:44:04 PM »

DR JohnG, whenever I listen to Carmen, I never think of Gilligan's Island.  I think of what a genius Bizet was and how I wish I had an iota of his talent.

It was my introduction to Bizet. I must have been 6 or 7 when I saw the rerun. Always good for a laugh, especially when Phil Silvers does his one-man version of the show.

My very first acting experience was at Western Washington University when I was in the chorus of their production of the opera, Carmen in 1987.  I loved Broadway-style musicals before that, but this started me on the path to performing and teching in community theater. ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2019, 11:51:15 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2019, 11:53:30 PM »

I, also, was in the chorus of my college’s production of CARMEN.  It was my first exposure to the Bizet opera.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2019, 11:53:42 PM »

I look forward to DR GEORGE's theatre report.

Well, to expand on what little I wrote before, I knew eight of the ten actresses, and they were all given their own moments throughout the show. 

George

« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2019, 11:53:54 PM »

The set was really cool!  It was a mural across the entire back of the stage.  Only three of the women played a second character, so they were the only ones with costume changes.  Otherwise, the costumes suggested old time outfits and were very effective. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2019, 11:54:00 PM »

I have loved it ever since.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »

Highly recommended...if you can go tomorrow, it's the last performance.

George

« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2019, 11:54:30 PM »

Hi, Tom.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2019, 11:55:27 PM »

I am sorry I am late to the party tonight, but I was suffering through a mini-non-crisis.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2019, 11:56:02 PM »

I do love my hyphens.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2019, 11:57:32 PM »

Everything is now fine, except I am still worried about vixmom’s doctor’s yogurt!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2019, 11:58:31 PM »

The IRS says my return will be deposited in my bank account on Jan. 21!

Great news, Larry!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »

Hi,George.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2019, 12:00:13 AM »

Sorry, I can’t go see the show tomorrow.  At 2:00 p.m I will be in day two of the great condo hunt.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2019, 12:00:28 AM »

One more post.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up