Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN  (Read 29294 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2006, 05:58:40 PM »

I was looking at upcoming DVD releases...and HONESTLY!  There's no way I can even hope to keep up with things I want.

It's incredible the number of boxed sets that come out each month...musicals and Cary Grant and Clark Gable and Mae West...and Garbo...and on and on and on...and then the Vol. 2s and 3s, etc.

CRIMINY!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2006, 06:01:06 PM »

Rock-a-Hula, Baby!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »

That's the first still in a 16-still color set.  I have about half of them.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2006, 06:02:32 PM »

Not that anyone would care.  Just saying...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2006, 06:03:04 PM »

All these people logged in, and no one posting but me?

What gives?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2006, 06:03:46 PM »

Who barbed the rhubarb?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2006, 06:04:05 PM »

Not I...I don't barb nothing.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2006, 06:04:13 PM »

Or anything.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2006, 06:04:47 PM »

Why a frenzy, you ask?

I'm frenzied...don't know why.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2006, 06:07:17 PM »

Thanks -- whomever -- for the clarification of that "joke" vixmom tried to put across earlier.  :D

If I'd known it was a Cockney accent that was intended to be used, it would have made perfect sense.

"Basin" is pronounced "bison" in Cockney....funny stuff, what!

Haw!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »

I've ordered the Martin "Peter Pan" on CD, along with the Harry Connick 2-CD set that includes "The Pajama Game."

Looking enormously forward to them.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2006, 06:08:55 PM »

Have pre-ordered the "Barbara Cook at the Met" CD...and the 4th Season of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" on DVD.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »

Nice Kitties....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2006, 06:16:23 PM »

I've ordered the Martin "Peter Pan" on CD, along with the Harry Connick 2-CD set that includes "The Pajama Game."

Looking enormously forward to them.

Ron, did you happen to order "The Pajama Game" from Barnes and Noble?  Their special edition has a two-song bonus CD that you can only get when you order from them...or buy from their store.  I went to the local B&N but didn't get it.  I totally forgot about the bonus CD from B&N and ordered it from Amazon (at pretty much the same price). :-\

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 06:18:01 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2006, 06:29:37 PM »

Did ANYONE happen to order this from B&N?  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2006, 06:42:37 PM »

MattH,

In regards to the Variety article you posted, It is being thoroughly torn apart on a few soap boards and with great hope that Reilly is out. However ti does not mean that show or Matt for that matter is out of the woods.

Matt has been on days for TWO weeks and still IS NOT listed in the credits and he has had signficiant speaking lines. From what I read on the AFTRA site and from a friend who works on an ABC soap, that is a No-No. This is not the first time Days has done this to Matt. I find it truly offensive that an actor does not get respect for their work.

I would be ecstatic if DAys could get rid of Reilly. The man cannot write and is an embarrassment to writers everywhere.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2006, 06:45:24 PM »

In my personal opinon, I do not think Reilly should have written both shows at the same time. Passions is something that is no where near the definition of the soap genre. Days once was but has been seriously damaged by JER's petty plot gimmicks and character assassinations and his petty hatred for veteran talent.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2006, 06:52:20 PM »

BAsically in 03 Matt, Corday sold the soul of teh show in order to keep it on the air and they were forced to take Reilly on as head writer by NBC. Major mistake there!

George

« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2006, 06:57:24 PM »

MattH,

In regards to the Variety article you posted, It is being thoroughly torn apart on a few soap boards and with great hope that Reilly is out. However ti does not mean that show or Matt for that matter is out of the woods.

Matt has been on days for TWO weeks and still IS NOT listed in the credits and he has had signficiant speaking lines. From what I read on the AFTRA site and from a friend who works on an ABC soap, that is a No-No. This is not the first time Days has done this to Matt. I find it truly offensive that an actor does not get respect for their work.

I would be ecstatic if DAys could get rid of Reilly. The man cannot write and is an embarrassment to writers everywhere.

You would think that Matt's agent/manager(s) would be calling the show and demanding he be given appropriate screen credit.  Either someone's dropping the ball or the management of the show are total asses.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2006, 07:05:38 PM »

The Vixter read this.  She said that the ending was "sweet" but wondered " why he didn't send the bear too"

Because the bear made a sacrifice, too.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2006, 07:09:56 PM »

You would think that Matt's agent/manager(s) would be calling the show and demanding he be given appropriate screen credit.  Either someone's dropping the ball or the management of the show are total asses.

More like Corday's end is screwed up.... IT really is sad...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2006, 07:13:15 PM »

I will not even say what they call REilly on the soapboards...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2006, 07:13:24 PM »

At about two I had a foot long Subway Club.  I swear, my stomach must have really shrunk, because I could barely finish what I normally have no problem at all finishing.  I also had some grapes.  Not sure if I'll eat anything else - we shall see what we shall see and when we see what we shall see we will have seen what we shall see.

On another note (C#), I got invited to two play openings this week - my pal Cindy Williams asked me to go with her to Bermuda Avenue Triangle, starring Joe Bologna, Renee Taylor, and Lainie Kazan - that's Friday night.  And then Saturday night I got invited to some new musical on Santa Monica Blvd.  Actually, it opens on Thursday, and I had my choice, but it sounded like more interesting people would be there on Saturday, so I chose that.  Apparently, I am now on one publicist's celebrity list.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2006, 07:20:57 PM »

Have a lovely time at both events bk..

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2006, 07:24:19 PM »

Good Evening!

Ah... Dinner was finally served... And, yep, I had fried chicken livers!  -And this time instead of the pork fried rice, I opted for the tostones, fried green plantains.  Quite yummy and greasy, but still yummy all the same!

*And it was a perfect post-show-closing "indulgence" meal.

**And, yes, I'm getting back into my wellness routine tomorrow.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »

Maria what did you use to make Abie shine like that?

Cillaliz, I’m glad you can be home with Callie.

'night

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2006, 07:50:28 PM »

Jane, my DF's sister got a Bernese Mountain puppy named Tara

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2006, 08:01:27 PM »

Hey!  Welcome back to DR TCB!

Thanks, Dan (tM)!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2006, 08:12:45 PM »

It's a nice cool late afternoon here in Oakland.

Should be good sleeping tonight.

Argh! I'm happy for you but sweltering here! Wonder what summer is going to be like? Not encouraging based on what we've had for the last half of May.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2006, 08:18:22 PM »

I scuttled my plans for SHAFT (though it's cued up in the player for tomorrow), and instead tonight watched one of my all-time favorite movies - THE HEIRESS.

It's a DVD-R I burned from TCM. The print is not in the greatest shape, but I understand the Region 2 DVD of THE HEIRESS is also not a perfect transfer, so sounds like they might have used the same master for the DVD and the Turner broadcast.

At any rate, I'll take even a second rate transfer to watch and luxuriate in one of the real masterworks of cinema.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up