Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO ROCKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVE  (Read 37274 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:COUNTDOWN TO ROCKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVE
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2006, 04:44:58 PM »

And now that I'm coming down with whatever my DH had on Xmas and and running a fever, I'm extra popular!

AIRBORNE -- I'm tellin' ya!

This morning, I felt more strongly than ever that I was doomed to have a nasty head cold.  I had a sinister post-nasal drip that was quite yucky and dispiriting.

ONE Airborne tablet in an 8 oz. glass of water, and I've been fine most of the day.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 04:47:16 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2006, 04:45:56 PM »

Neuf!    Neuf!   Neuf!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2006, 04:47:58 PM »

It's time I thought of eating something.

Nothing nutritious, mind you.

But something hot and delish.  PIZZA!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2006, 04:49:29 PM »

Every Richard Rodgers needs a Robert Russell Bennett!

Have you every wielded a baton? (not a bedroom question)

der Brucer

Never wanted to conduct.  Write and perform, although the performance days are long past.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »

Heat-seeking cat, snuggling up with Howard Zinn, star of Sacco and Vanzetti. As you can see, my kitchen table editing room, devoid of heat or A/C, is quite deluxe.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2006, 04:55:36 PM »

AIRBORNE -- I'm tellin' ya!

Even when you're *not* airborne?

DH is returning the favor and fetching me chicken soup or chicken and dumplings, whichever is available.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2006, 04:57:54 PM »

Let me just pray that my actors don't start making conflicts or running late...which sadly I feel will be inevitable.

Yes, the inevetible is inevitable.

Edisaurus

« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »

Had a nice flight to SFO from Atlanta on a Delta 757.

I thought I noticed someone waving to me from on high!

(Or just high...what with all the Guiness!)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2006, 05:00:51 PM »

Cillaliz - yes, on ION, sorry.  That recordio disc is one you made yourself at home, on a home recorder.  I have one in perfect working order, and I have a whole stack of those discs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2006, 05:02:23 PM »

I'm watching a wonderful movie on DVD, but I made the mistake of laying down on the couch whilst watching.  I was forty-five minutes in, and the next thing I knew I was seventy-five minutes in in the blink of an eye.  I must now go back to the forty-five minute mark and watch the thirty minutes that went by in the blink of an eye and the wink of a nap.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2006, 05:08:38 PM »

I'm going to do a bit of pimping here for my Milken Archive friends since they hired me to do choral arrangements on a couple of their recordings.  I had been asked to work on this series of songs from the Yiddish theatre, but along came the project to record BABES IN TOYLAND and others.  I turned down Neal Levin, but i love these collections and the notes are excellent.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2006, 05:09:37 PM »

Here's the second volume

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2006, 05:12:49 PM »

They've also got an album of Jewish operas, a recording of Leonard Bernstein's music, and they're all performed and conducted by wonderful people.  Today I learned there's now a Volume 3 which I will order from Amazon.com

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2006, 05:14:36 PM »

A better shot at the ETERNAL ROAD recording

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »

TV shot of the week:
From The Kennedy Center Honors:

After Betty Buckley and the orchestra had a feud over tempo and Sarah Brightman joined in on the dueling "Memory", the camera cut to the ultimate CAT - Joan Collins.

Then Christine Ebersole showed that she sings a better Norma Desmond than Buckley!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »

...although the performance days are long past.

I said it wasn't a bedroom question!!!!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2006, 05:35:11 PM »

Top ten Films of 2006?  I haven't even seen 10 films from 2006 and those I have seen I can barely remember.  Watched two I got for Award Screening the other night...NOTES ON (FROM?) A SCANDAL with Judi Dench, Cate Blanchett, and Bill Nighy giving good, solid performances in a film I'm not sure quite works, but was at least interesting.  Also saw THANK YOU FOR SMOKING which was amusing...but I doubt if they'll be on my top ten list, if I ever get around to having one for this year.  Two films I will not be watching at all, that came as screeners, are the UNITED 93 and that Twin Towers movie by  Oliver Stone.  I saw the real drama unfold over a few unforgettable days, I don't need to see this stuff dramatized at this point.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »

I'm actually down in Texas. Are you all New Yorkers?

WELCOME MISSMIKAH!

I'm from Ashland, Oregon-not originally, just for the last 8 years.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2006, 05:41:15 PM »

Preston Sturges .

Piece of trivia here...

His granddaughter, Shannon, was on Days in 1991 and 1992. She played Molly who was a love interest of Tanner Scofield [Michael Easton]
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »

Shop quickly at Virgin - it is my prognosis that it won't be around much longer (that was my prognosis for Tower, as well).

We dont have neither one up here... Media play went out of business over a year ago and Sam Goody is not in good shape either.

I miss the old record stores of old. They were fun!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: December 27, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »

Love picture Laura and Cilla!

Cilla, handle the acetates very gently for they are quite fragile!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #261 on: December 27, 2006, 05:49:08 PM »

From DRSandra:
I started to come down with something so my mom got me these Cold-Eeze things that made me feel better, but made everything taste funky. That was okay when I was just eating a sandwich that tasted like dirt, but as soon as I opened up a Cherry Coke that tasted like 7Up, I knew things had gone too far. I decided I would rather be sick and drinking Cherry Coke than healthy and drinking 7Up. I do have my priorities. So that was the end of the Cold-Eeze.

And that was that

LOL-I think Cold-Eeze makes everything taste like Cherry Coke.  Such a shame I don’t think that is a good thing.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #262 on: December 27, 2006, 05:50:23 PM »

Yes, MattH, that's because it was never made (as I stated in my first post).  The book was optioned and Newman was attached to star.  I'm 99% sure Fox called my Dad and actually paid him some relatively tidy sum to be on "retainer" as a technical consultant, but then the project was shelved for some reason.  I'm just trying to figure out if my memory of the studio being Fox is correct.

Mr. Newman probably locked away the rights to that story the same way that he locked away forever the rights to THE FRONT RUNNER.  A book that could have made a big difference to all gay men back in the 70s; but, instead, was forever silenced.

Sorry JMK, I got off the subject.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #263 on: December 27, 2006, 05:54:10 PM »

TV shot of the week:
From The Kennedy Center Honors:

After Betty Buckley and the orchestra had a feud over tempo and Sarah Brightman joined in on the dueling "Memory", the camera cut to the ultimate CAT - Joan Collins.

Then Christine Ebersole showed that she sings a better Norma Desmond than Buckley!

der Brucer

Personally (just my opinion), I wouldn't say that she's better than Betty (horseracing...they're both very good and very different kinds of singers), but Christine is certainly much better than Glenn. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #264 on: December 27, 2006, 06:06:38 PM »

OH!  Are any other DRs taking advantage of the End of The Year Blowout Sale that Book of the Month (The Good Cook, The History Book Club, etc.) is currently running?  Almost all books are just $9.99 - and there's free shipping and handling if you spend more than $25.   -Just how many more cookbooks do I need?  Well... Just how many more cookbooks do I have the shelf-space for? is the real question.
You limit yourself according to shelf-space???

Haven't you ever heard of stacking them up in piles on the floor?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: December 27, 2006, 06:12:01 PM »

Ah, forgot about United 93 - was that this year's film?  I wouldn't see the Oliver Stone movie on a bet, but I did think United 93 was an excellently done film, that never felt exploitive - more like a docu-drama, with no chest-pounding patriotism or disgusting patriotic music - just a what might have been happening on the plane scenario told in a very straightforward and compelling manner.  No real reason for the film to exist really, but it was the only movie I've seen this year that had me riveted to the screen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: December 27, 2006, 06:12:33 PM »

I went back to the wake and was heartened to see about twenty people in the store - all with stacks of DVDs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: December 27, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »

It's another end of an era.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: December 27, 2006, 06:20:38 PM »

BK, do you know this oratorio JOSHUA by film composer Franz Waxman?  It just got a rave review in the new FANFARE magazine, and it features my baritone friend Rodney Gilfry.  I'm going to order a copy for myself!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: December 27, 2006, 06:32:55 PM »

Excuse me for a moment as I journey back in time...hopefully to return with some Barbecu!

Dont forget to say hello to the Doctor and ask him how the TARDIS is doing...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up