Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN BUSINESS  (Read 28334 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:BACK IN BUSINESS
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »

Elmore- SUPER SPEEDY FEEL BETTER VIBES!  [/size]

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:15 AM »

After several tries of lasting less than 1 second, I did a 16.68!! Woohoo!

But boy it was a scary 16.68 seconds! LOL!

Congratulations!  I eventually got up to 17.676 seconds (so far).  I must try this at home...when I have more time. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »

Hi MBarnum and FJL!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

MBarnum, I enjoyed your holiday photos from yesterday.

George

« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2007, 11:56:05 AM »

Oh and yesterday I think people were talking about UGLY BETTY.  That and HEROES are definitely my two faves of this Fall.

Btw, will anybody here be watching the GREASE musical reality show starting next sunday?

I love both "Ugly Betty" and "Heroes"...and I certainly plan on watching the "Grease" publicity stunt show. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2007, 12:00:37 PM »

TPunk-Welcome back, glad you had a nice holiday.

George- Which WE’RE NO ANGELS did you watch, the original or the remake?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2007, 12:01:21 PM »

It is amazing how little I have managed to accomplish today.

Ben

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2007, 12:29:48 PM »

TP, I the same! I have put aside some work to try and catch up here, much more important than looking at some diagnostics for DOMREG codes :-)

I only have to look at yesterdays posts and pick up from page 5 of the day before that and I will be caught up!

Getting up at 6:15 today was more difficult than I thought. Oh, well. I have to do it for the next eleven months so I should get used to it.

We are extending our holiday period and this evening we will be visiting a friend before he takes down his tree. I'm seeing The Apple Tree tomorrow and on Saturday guests will grace Chez Morelli and McLaughlin. We expect to have Mr. Moore over at some point as well, when he's feeling better so we can sit and gossip about everyone we know (or don't know).

Otherwise, things are calm and collected on my first day back to work. I have things I should be attending to and I will as soon as I hit post.

Edi/Amy, I'm sure you've posted this many times but when will you be in New York? I want to see Sacco and Vanzetti and also meet your lovely self in person.

Ben

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2007, 12:30:11 PM »

Hi, Fred, Bye Fred!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2007, 12:42:42 PM »

TPunk is back and all is well with the world and haineshisway.com.  She only has about sixteen hundred postings to catch up on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »

Back from a slow jog - slow, but I finished it.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »

I've already written three pages, and shall now connect them to some stuff that used to be in the second chapter of the old version.  Then I have to majorly rewrite that stuff, but the idea of it is good and that shouldn't be too hard.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »

I realize I have a LOT of writing to do this week, by Friday.  I have to do the booklet notes for The Brain.  And here's an interesting conundrum - we want to do a twelve-page full color booklet, because we have all those great color photos and I really want people to see what the show looked like.  The designer thought it would be fun to include the lyrics, but after having seen the layout, it doesn't leave room for pix at all, and I just don't like the look of it.  I think the lyrics are pretty easy to understand - everyone enunciates clearly, so my instinct is a brief history, a brief synopsis, and LOTS of photos.  Opinions?

Then I have to write the booklet notes for The Creature Wasn't Nice soundtrack release.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2007, 12:51:04 PM »

I realize I have a LOT of writing to do this week, by Friday.  I have to do the booklet notes for The Brain.  And here's an interesting conundrum - we want to do a twelve-page full color booklet, because we have all those great color photos and I really want people to see what the show looked like.  The designer thought it would be fun to include the lyrics, but after having seen the layout, it doesn't leave room for pix at all, and I just don't like the look of it.  I think the lyrics are pretty easy to understand - everyone enunciates clearly, so my instinct is a brief history, a brief synopsis, and LOTS of photos.  Opinions?

Then I have to write the booklet notes for The Creature Wasn't Nice soundtrack release.  

No lyrics.  Save that for your potential producers.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2007, 01:19:30 PM »

Still absolutely beautiful outside but cold still! I have preferred to stay inside wrapped in a blanket and just enjoy having a "bum" day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »

I agree. I'd rather have pictures and liner notes but no lyrics.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2007, 01:23:49 PM »

I watched two movies this afternoon thus clearing two spaces on my to-watch shelf.

The afternoon began with SUPERMAN III. It was a really bad movie though Christopher Reeve did a wonderful job playing Superman, Clark Kent, and bad Superman, all three credible characters. But the rest of the story was really terrible.

I think the producers missed the boat by not doing the next Superman movie with a rivalry between Lois and Lana. Obviously, Lois was Superman's favorite, and Clark seemed smitten with Lana, so why not set up a movie with those two woman tearing Superman/Clark's heart in two. Could have really been something new to the franchise.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »

I ended the afternoon with IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT. This has been sitting on my shelf for years, and while I had seen the movie many times, I hadn't opened this DVD. Of course, it goes without saying that the film was delightful, but the transfer looked better than revival I saw at our revival theater theater in the 1980s when Frank Capra was in town and gave a talk before the movie.

The transfer did have some dirt and an occasional slight scratch, but for the most part, it looked very good with just enough grain in the image to make it look film-like.

A thoughly enjoyable 95 minutes.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2007, 01:27:28 PM »

DR George, both DR JRand and I have appeared in the play version of WE'RE NO ANGELS and have talked about it here. It's called MY THREE ANGELS.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2007, 01:29:57 PM »

Before the NBC dramas begin tonight, I'll probably watch some CSI episodes.

Also, for those who are interested, Courtney Cox's new drama series about tabloid journalism, DIRT, begins on FX tonight at 10.

George

« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

George- Which WE’RE NO ANGELS did you watch, the original or the remake?

The original with Humphrey Bogart, Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray!  It was quite good! ;D

George

« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2007, 01:36:15 PM »

Lyrics to a show are always nice, but if the words are easy to understand from the recording, I'd say go with the pictures.  You know what they say...a picture says a thousand words! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »

Thanks for all the comments, very helpful.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2007, 01:55:30 PM »

I'm having tuna sandwiches for my meal o' the day.  I'll take a lunch break, watch a bit of a DVD, and then either continue with the book writing, or switch over to booklet writing.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2007, 02:07:30 PM »

Hey everyone! (And Larry, thank you for checking in on me!)

Sorry for dropping off again. My little old computer's been beset with problems. I think I had a rootkit...it's the only explanation that made sense given my problems. I kept it off for a few days while I figured out what to do. I ended up backing up nearly everything onto my giant external hard drive (good thing I had that). Then I did the HP destructive system restore, which takes your computer back to all it's default factory settings & deletes everything you've ever installed. I still need a new computer but this should buy me some time.

Been watching a lot of movies while I've been sans internet... Evolution, Mystery Men, People Will Talk, School Ties, 200 Cigarettes, the slasher version of PTO w/ Robert Englund & Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are dead.
I also just got the London '96 soundtrack of Superstar & have been listening to it rather obsessively. Voice-wise, I think I like everyone but Mary Magdalene. Judas is my favorite & Alice Cooper comes in a close second as Herod. Then I think Caiaphas...love that basso profondo! Then Annas, Jesus & Pilate about equally.

One of my ratties, Bedu has been sick. I think she's got some lung issues & I'm trying to treat her as best I can. Our family vet doesn't see rats. Please think some happy healing thoughts for her. I have 2 rats, Roma (cream colored) & Bedu (charcoal colored). They're my babies, if you will, & I'm really concerned.

I will try to check in regularly, but school starts back tomorrow & work next week. Mom also got me a piggyback on her gym membership! So I'll be there often, I hope. For the sake of my health (diabetes & heart disease run in my family) I really need to drop some weight.

Love & blessings to you all in this new year!
-Meg

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 02:10:04 PM by singingnymph »
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »

Vibes for Bedu.  

My sister had a pet rat for a time, her name was Kisses and she was the most excellent pet.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2007, 02:10:22 PM »

BK, my vote is for pictures over lyrics.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

Vibes for Bedu.  

My sister had a pet rat for a time, her name was Kisses and she was the most excellent pet.
Thank you. Rats are fantastic pets. I'd get more if I had the room for & could afford a bigger cage.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2007, 02:15:11 PM »

I certainly did miss not getting mail today. Pure torture.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2007, 02:16:02 PM »

Lyrics to a show are always nice, but if the words are easy to understand from the recording, I'd say go with the pictures.  You know what they say...a picture says a thousand words! :D
Ooh, tough decision! My preference is usually lyrics so I can sing along. ;D No matter how easy the recording is to understand, I usually get a few words mixed up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up