Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: YOUR STUNT C**K IS HERE  (Read 20959 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: YOUR STUNT C**K IS HERE
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »

And as promised, here's the advance notice for the new Kritzerland release.  As always, you can pre-preorder by going to paypal.com and paying directly to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  Price is 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping.

HELLO, CAROL!

Kritzerland is proud to present the first ever CD release for the Original Cast Recording of Show Girl, starring Carol Channing along with Jules Munshin and Les Quat’ Jeudis.

Show Girl, a musical revue with songs and sketches by Charles Gaynor, opened on Broadway January 12, 1961.  Miss Channing received not only critical love letters but also a Tony nomination for Best Actress.  It was, by all accounts, a tour de force performance on stage and it’s captured brilliantly on the cast album.  Very much of its time, the material is still somehow fresh and funny (and some of it is surprisingly topical), and Mr. Gaynor’s songs are tuneful and clever.

Jules Munshin and Les Quat’ Jeudis lend excellent support, and if you’re at all a fan of Miss Channing or the old-fashioned musical revue, then Show Girl is just the front row seat you’re looking for.  And if you’ve never heard Miss Channing do “The Inside Story” you might find yourself falling out of that front row seat, howling with laughter.

The CD is a Limited Edition of 1000 copies only. 

The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CDs will ship the end of July  – however, as those who’ve ordered directly from Kritzerland know, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks ahead of the street date.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »

Larry, hurry up and answer my email--the director is due here in just a minute.  :)

I'm sorry, DR JMK! I was at the office and wasn't dealing with emails. I did answer, but I'm sure it was later than you wished.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2009, 11:57:13 AM »

Lovely photos.

What title does a Vicar hold....is he Reverend or Doctor or Father or Something Else?  We don't have any such position in the Church of Fried Chicken.

I've known him since 1957; he'll always be Dick to me
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »

Good morning, all! I just looked at the 1979 calendar, and tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of my move to New York. I've been thinking a lot about the move and the madness prior to the event in the past couple of weeks. I've also been having lots of dreams involving deceased friends and relatives and sometimes my parents that have got me a bit freaked. While I'm not sure I want to live to be 80. I'm also pretty sure that I don't want to die any time soon and these dreams are a bit rattling.

Enough gloom and doom. This week I celebrate the 30 years of life in Manhattan and the fantastic friends I've made because of the move.... 

Congrats, Elmore on your 30 years in New York!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2009, 12:03:32 PM »

And as promised, here's the advance notice for the new Kritzerland release.  As always, you can pre-preorder by going to paypal.com and paying directly to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  Price is 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping.

HELLO, CAROL!

Kritzerland is proud to present the first ever CD release for the Original Cast Recording of Show Girl, starring Carol Channing along with Jules Munshin and Les Quat’ Jeudis.

Show Girl, a musical revue with songs and sketches by Charles Gaynor, opened on Broadway January 12, 1961.  Miss Channing received not only critical love letters but also a Tony nomination for Best Actress.  It was, by all accounts, a tour de force performance on stage and it’s captured brilliantly on the cast album.  Very much of its time, the material is still somehow fresh and funny (and some of it is surprisingly topical), and Mr. Gaynor’s songs are tuneful and clever.

Jules Munshin and Les Quat’ Jeudis lend excellent support, and if you’re at all a fan of Miss Channing or the old-fashioned musical revue, then Show Girl is just the front row seat you’re looking for.  And if you’ve never heard Miss Channing do “The Inside Story” you might find yourself falling out of that front row seat, howling with laughter.

The CD is a Limited Edition of 1000 copies only. 

The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CDs will ship the end of July  – however, as those who’ve ordered directly from Kritzerland know, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks ahead of the street date.

I just ordered it. I love this album, especially the "Story of Marie" and the history of the musical.

DAW

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2009, 12:17:59 PM »

Congratulations to DR elmore3003 on your longevity in New York upon your 30th anniversary!!!!!    :D

DAW

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »

Congratulations to Vicar Richard!!!!

Congratulations to new graduate Mary Linda!!!

George

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2009, 12:20:02 PM »

HELLO, CAROL!

<SNIP>

I've ordered mine...as usual. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2009, 12:21:10 PM »

Thank you, DR DAW!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »

When Richard and I were leaving our hotel in Delafield, WI, last month, we watched the start of a tandem bicycle rally.

Here they come:
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »

And, there they go:

FJL

« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »

Congrats to Richard!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »

Woooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo I just ordered SHOW GIRL....I have heard of this show and read about it....but I have never heard any of the songs, as far as I know.  I certainly believe there is future talent show material here as well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

Okay I am all cleaned up and ready to go to auditions - but I can't get there before 5 o'clock because today is the first day of CHAOS AND STRIFE....I mean the Youth Theatre Workshop, and even though they are supposed to be OUT of the theatre by 5, they are usually STILL THERE at 6 p.m

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »

I shall return....hopefully with a full cast of lovely actors/singers/dancers.  Plus one horse and one ass.

Kerry

« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2009, 01:04:13 PM »

POSSIBLE T.O.D.

If ou could magically jump into the life of any movie character, even for just one day, who would it be and why?

Great topic!  Until I can come up with something more in tune with me, I'll say Willy Wonka.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »

Huge vibes, xylophones, clarinets and violas to BK and NUDIE.
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »

Thank you, DR FJL!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »

Non queasy vibes for MR BK.

Drink a Sprite or eat a sody cracker.

I just hope bk doesn't have some sort of Amoeba or something like that.

;)

He has a store?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2009, 01:19:44 PM »

TOD

Gregory Peck in TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

Good choice!

I think I'd pick Harry Hamlin's character in MAKING LOVE.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »

I will order SHOW GIRL when it goes up on the site. Please let us know when that happens.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2009, 01:22:19 PM »

Just as I hoped I could, I started watching LOST #14 before I went to lunch. I got about 28 minutes in before my friend arrived to take me to lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2009, 01:23:39 PM »

I am now ready to begin LOST #18. I'm hoping to get five more episodes watched today. That will leave two more episodes plus the bonus features for tomorrow.

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »

Richard and I are going to see UP this afternoon - bye for now!

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »

I had about 10 minutes of time left, and I used it by watching the first ten minutes of last week's THE FASHION SHOW. The mini challenge this week was to design a tee shirt for a high school girl running for class president. The girl got to choose the winner, and, of course, she chose the most prosaic and uninteresting of the shirts. The winner, totally undeserving, won immunity in the next challenge. Don't know if I'll have time to finish the show today, but I'll definitely get to it tomorrow.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2009, 01:29:13 PM »

DR JMK are any more pitchers from THE PRODUCERS up on the inner web?  Did you ask Pevney if he ever met Allison Hayes?  What is the funniest thing anyone wore to rehearsals?

I thought I emailed you about Hayes--no, he never met her and he doesn't remember his father ever mentioning her.  Sorry, I know that probably breaks your heart.  :)

No funny attire yet, but we are actually getting the OBC costumes for our production--they arrive next week.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2009, 01:42:04 PM »

TCB it is my dream also to sail to England on Cunard.

Well, Ben, please win the Lotto and we can go together!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »

Congrats to both DR Ginny's new Rev. Richard and new BFA Mary Linda!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »

POSSIBLE T.O.D.

If you could magically jump into the life of any movie character, even for just one day, who would it be and why?

My original thought was that I would want to be Ennis Del Mar from BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, just so I could have sex with Jake Gyllenhaal.  That still seems like a pretty good reason to become Ennis.  Let me think about this question.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »

My afternoon internet surf has come to its conclusion, and now I can head back downstairs and rejoin Jack, Sawyer, and Sayid by being LOST....

WBBL.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up