Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: INFORMATION OVERLOAD  (Read 19966 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:INFORMATION OVERLOAD
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2004, 11:06:13 AM »

Hmmmm....I meant to mention to DRCP - Mr Ricou Browning did all the UNDERWATER work on the CREATURE films, and Mr Chapman gets a bit upset when Ricou autographs photos of the Creature that are publicity shots with Chapman in the suit.  Browning only did underwater shots.

Such controversy.  Browning has mainteined it really doesn't make a difference, a Creature is a Creature...LOL....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2004, 11:09:08 AM »

Someone mentioned Joi Lansing, who looked like she'd be fun for a jazzy weekend.  .

Keeping in mind, DR CP, that Joi was a good Mormon girl! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2004, 11:11:56 AM »

Where, oh where is Leslie Parrish...someone must know. Just think, BK, somebody, somewhere is her next door neighbor!

JRand54...Allison, no sex goddess? Tell that to the Universal-International pin-up photographers! LOL!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2004, 11:14:55 AM »

In my CD today (to offset all the "news"):  Linda Eder's "It's Time"...say what you will about her acting and her soon-to-be-ex-husband, but listening to her voice is pure entertainment! ;D

After that will be Guy Haines' very own "Haines His Way" that I got autographed by our very own Guy Haines AND our very own BK!!

After THAT will be John Buccino's "Grateful:  The Songs of John Bucchino."

I love these CDs and today I want to listen to music that I love.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2004, 11:15:43 AM »

Page Three Creature Dance!   8)

True DRMB - Allison had her sexy moments...LOL!

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2004, 11:23:59 AM »

Since HHW vibes are the most potent in the universe I have a request.  I need some good court vibes for a Dear Friend tomorrow morning.  Thanx.

Oh and DR Jrandy, that lizardy person is scary!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2004, 11:30:02 AM »

LOL - DR JENNIFER - and on original release you could see him in 3-D!

GOOD COURT VIBES ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2004, 11:41:28 AM »

Since HHW vibes are the most potent in the universe I have a request.  I need some good court vibes for a Dear Friend tomorrow morning.  Thanx.

DRJennifer, I need a little more info here!  For instance, if your friend is Scott Peterson, I can't do it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  MAJOR COURT VIBES FOR DR JENNIFER  ! ! ! ! ![/move]

Smiley Face Puzzler:

What B'way show is this?
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2004, 11:59:38 AM »

Wasn't Leslie Parrish in that background piece on "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"???  How old was that?  It has to have been within the past 10 years, IMO.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2004, 12:01:14 PM »

DRJennifer, I need a little more info here!  For instance, if your friend is Scott Peterson, I can't do it.

DRelmore3003 - LOL!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2004, 12:03:21 PM »

Ah ha - DTM -

Twelve Angry Men!

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2004, 12:17:34 PM »

Good vibes for Jennifer's friend and Laura 2's friend!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :D  :D  :D   :D  ;D  ;D   ;D   ;D  :-*  :-*   :-*  :-*  [/move]

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2004, 12:19:11 PM »

On the way back to the airport from the Beverly Garland Hotel I waited for a taxi with the Creature from the Black Lagoon (Ben). We were going to share the taxi but he was going to LAX and I was going to Burbank.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2004, 12:24:24 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I voted yesterday.  Actually, my absentee ballot finally came in and I promptly marked my choices and then overnighted it back to Richmond.  And there was actually no line at the post office when I got there - which was very strange.  I think the rain had something to do with that.

Of course, the past couple of times when I've checked my home voice mail, I've had those recorded ads from all the mayoral and congressional candidates on my service.  Ugh!  "Ohhh.. I have messages!.... oh... I have messages..."

It will be interesting to see what kind of audience we have tonight at the show.  Although, they've been a reporting a record number of advance voters this years, so, hopefully, most of those voters will be in our audience tonight.  :-\

Otherwise, I'm just gonna turn on the TV when I get back to the hotel, and see what the results are, will be, could be...

And the pro- and anti- Tom Delay ads here in Houston...  <change the channel>
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2004, 12:24:39 PM »

MBarnum said:

On the way back to the airport from the Beverly Garland Hotel I waited for a taxi with the Creature from the Black Lagoon (Ben).

Hmm. A few weeks ago I was a rat, now I'm the Creature from the Black Lagoon! I'm beginning to wonder about the opinion in which I'm held on this here board  ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 12:25:08 PM by Ben »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2004, 12:26:28 PM »

DRs Michael Shayne and JRand54 - Thanks for the answer and suggestions to my Julie Andrews, "At The Ballet" inquiry.  Let the digging begin!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2004, 12:38:57 PM »

I'm such a big fan of many actresses, but I never think about the sexiness of their screen personas. I guess I appreciate other qualities rather than their sexiness.

I guess marilyn would be the one that would first come to mind. GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES would be the primo title of hers for me in regard to her sexual allure (wasted on me, of course). I actually prefer watching THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS and RIVER OF NO RETURN, however.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2004, 12:39:18 PM »

DiT you didn’t have to travel far to go to the ALA.    Keith was wondering if that was a winter convention.  I traveled with Keith to one in Los Angeles but was too busy visiting family and friends to attend.

SWW and DerBrucer your animal shelter story is heartbreaking.  I hope you can both use your skills and go public with this facility.  They should want volunteers like you to work there and help pets find homes.  

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2004, 12:43:41 PM »

I had rehearsal this morning, then met a friend for lunch, and by then it was 1:30. I decided to try my polling place then. There was one person ahead of me, and I was in and out in ten minutes - very lucky. The workers said that was the first lull they had had all day long. I guess I must be doing SOMETHING right!

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2004, 12:45:42 PM »

Jane - Over the past 30 years, I've gone to the ALA annual conference about every 2-3-5 years and enjoyed every one.  Hoping to get to 2005 in Chicago.  It was there that I took my husband and son five years ago, turned them loose in the exhibit hall, and when we met it was like they'd been trick or treating.  They'd open their bags and say, "Look what I got!"

That is how I felt!  :D New Orleans was a wonderful city to spend time exploring by myself.  I had to laugh because everywhere I went there were librarians playing hooky from the convention.

Does Gale Research still provide bus service at the conventions?  

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2004, 12:46:16 PM »

Now would I have friends like that? :(

Actually I didn't give more info because my friend is a very private person.  But DR Jane knows the story.  It's not for any crime, or for anything he's done wrong.  Which is why he needs all the vibes he can get.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2004, 12:47:03 PM »

I believe it WILL be THE RETURN OF THE CREATURE tonight. There is also a new episode of QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY on tonight at 10.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2004, 12:48:24 PM »

The beautiful day they had forecast for us today didn't pan out. There was misty rain this morning as I was driving to my rehearsal, and when I came out from voting, some rain droplets were hitting me. It never developed into a serious rain, and now it's just very gray and muggy outside.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2004, 12:52:01 PM »

Good afternoon all!  

I managed to catch up on the weekend posts yesterday, and I fully intended to post something regarding Halloween, but I was dealing with two rather cranky children yesterday.  The post-Halloween-sugar high-lack of sleep-too much excitement blahs were in full swing around here yesterday, and I was no better, due to a severe lack of sleep during my weekend.

This Halloween I wore probably my best costume ever.  I truly wish I had a picture to post of it.  My friend let me borrow this little blue dress, and I decided to turn it into a mature version of Alice in Wonderland.  The dress was a simple light blue cotton affair, short flared skirt, very fitted bodice, and strapless.  I added a white apron, black shoes, white thigh-highs, and put a black ribbon in my hair, and I was set.  My own natural long blonde hair worked in my favor.  A simple deal, but I got tons of compliments on it.  

I too voted today!  For the first time ever!  I'm only 23, remember, so that's not as bad as it might sound.  I've only missed one presidental election since I became legal.  The polls weren't too crowded when I went...I had to wait about five minutes, that was it.  

I will be SO glad when all this is over.  I was getting sick to death of the TV ads and radio bits.  The campaign really got vicious near the end.  And I second what Jose said about those irritating phone messages.  As one who is still in the job hunting process, each time I hear I have voice mail, I get excited.  But yesterday I checked the message only to hear "Hi, this is Bill Clinton."  I somehow didn't think he was calling to offer me a job... :)

Ben

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2004, 12:53:06 PM »

"Gale Research"

I use one of their products at my place of employ. We used to use the print product but we have migrated over the years from book to CD to Web. They now offer the same information contained in the print product on a database to which you can subscribe. It's easier to use and you don't have to find the book, sift through Volume One or Two and then return the book to the shelf.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 12:54:16 PM by Ben »

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2004, 12:53:41 PM »

It's not the official day for asking. But before I forget, I'd like to know,

DR Matt,

Are you still stacheless?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2004, 01:02:05 PM »

Hmm. A few weeks ago I was a rat, now I'm the Creature from the Black Lagoon! I'm beginning to wonder about the opinion in which I'm held on this here board  ;)

And I think you're a friend!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2004, 01:05:38 PM »

My mom says she voted and there was no line.

In my History of the English Language class (HEL for short, a very fitting name) it was my turn to write a sentence on the board in the International Phoenetic Alphabet. So I wrote, "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die." My teacher didn't know what that meant. And she calls herself educated.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2004, 01:06:38 PM »

Elmore-LOL.  It is safe for you to send those vibes to Jennifer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up