Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HIGH POINTS  (Read 13472 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE HIGH POINTS
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2011, 04:28:42 PM »

THE JETSONS premiered on this date forty-nine years ago.  It was the first color program broadcast by ABC.

I'm surprised that Hollywood never made a live-action version.  I think I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Hey, maybe they could make it a musical!

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2011, 04:32:43 PM »

We took the pooches for a nice walk this morning.  Now I'm doing laundry.

Last night DGC Kitty kept her dinner down but lost her breakfast this morning.  This is surprising as it is canned food, which is has for dinner, and not the dry food she has for breakfast that is a problem.

It's either hairballs or a food allergy.  I had a vet that once said "Cats are designed to throw up, get used to it"

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  He's had a nap and a shower and feels much better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2011, 04:52:58 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  He's had a nap and a shower and feels much better.

Good.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »

Last night DGC Kitty kept her dinner down but lost her breakfast this morning.  This is surprising as it is canned food, which is has for dinner, and not the dry food she has for breakfast that is a problem.

It's either hairballs or a food allergy.  I had a vet that once said "Cats are designed to throw up, get used to it"

No sign of hairballs & it usually happens within the 20 minute time frame after eating.  Craig knows a few canned foods to avoid & the others tend to be inconsistent in causing a reaction.  It seems easier to keep her on the same food a couple of cans before switching flavors.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »

My cats have been on the same wet food for a long time and I have fewer problems with that.  My cats usually get sick after eating the dry, but it's hairballs most of the time

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »

I'm trying to decide if I should use my credit card points on a Kitchenaid stand mixer or keep saving for a trip.   I'm beginning to think a stand mixer is the way to go....I'm really becoming a home body

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »

I signed up for cable phone today.  I have to make sure it's the version with caller-id, but it will save me $$ and I get upgraded to the mega super fast internet.  I found out they program your address into the modem so if you call 911 it will register your address. But if you move and don't change the address in the modem you call 911 and the emergency people are sent to your old address

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »

I hope the new show you will be seeing at the Pasadena Playhouse will be something really good; like:

IN COLD BLOOD - THE MUSICAL
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »

I found out they program your address into the modem so if you call 911 it will register your address. But if you move and don't change the address in the modem you call 911 and the emergency people are sent to your old address

Not good.  I wonder if they send occasional requests for up to date info.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2011, 05:39:05 PM »

Good morning, all!

DR Ben, I saw the original production of MARRY ME A LITTLE; it was quite wonderful, and I love the CD.

Sunday I'm going to the Broadway Cares Flea Market (I may see DR Kevin H. there as well) and I'll be doing Mr. Moore (and Mr. Raines) a favor while I'm up there.

Hmmm, interesting!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2011, 05:47:11 PM »

As a curiosity factor I will probably watch the final episode of All My Children.

I never really watched the show over the years, but final episodes are always fun to watch.

I've been recording it (and a couple of other soaps) for DakotaCelt, so after today's episode(s), I'll send her the discs.

Speaking of, where the heck has Dakota been?  And how about Danise?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2011, 05:49:13 PM »

I might have to buy a dvd, George.

But then you would need a DVR and a TV.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »

In HHW tradition, I would like to report that my laundry is done.

KevinH

« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2011, 05:54:12 PM »

I'm leaving for NYC in the morning.  I hope the weather will be better than forecast, especially for the Flea Market on Sunday.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »

Back from a fun afternoon in Cincinnati with my Mother (and, surprise, Rob).  Mom and I went to the Container Store for her to spend the gift cards we gave her last Christmas and Rob caught up with us there between appointments to look at apartments.  He timed it just right to join us at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and he was a big help getting Gram into and out of the car, etc. 

Unfortunately, while we 3 were having fun, Richard was coping with being locked out of our house because he'd grabbed the wrong set of keys on his way out and our emergency options weren't in place (they are now...)

What it the Container Store?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:05:07 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how to download one of the free Friday books for my Nook.  Wish me luck.  I also need to take a break & feed Yogi & Kitty.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »

LOL!  I thought we were still talking about Dick Shawn in MMMMW.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2011, 06:03:23 PM »

As a curiosity factor I will probably watch the final episode of All My Children.

I never really watched the show over the years, but final episodes are always fun to watch.

I've been recording it (and a couple of other soaps) for DakotaCelt, so after today's episode(s), I'll send her the discs.

Speaking of, where the heck has Dakota been?  And how about Danise?
Yes, it would be nice to see both again.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2011, 06:03:35 PM »

On Tuesday, my friend took my laundry home to wash for me.  Our laundry here is downstairs.  I hadn't heard anything from her since then.  This afternoon I got an e-mail that she and her husband are down with the flu.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »

It's raining here in upstate New York. I had forgotten practically what a long rainy day was like. It's been nice.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2011, 06:04:56 PM »

On Tuesday, my friend took my laundry home to wash for me.  Our laundry here is downstairs.  I hadn't heard anything from her since then.  This afternoon I got an e-mail that she and her husband are down with the flu.
Good you heard from her, and not had a visit from her.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »

Good you heard from her, and not had a visit from her.

Yes, that is what she said.  However, I would really like some clean sheets.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2011, 06:09:11 PM »

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

KevinH

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »

I was thinking of seeing a new show called "Relatively Speaking."  It consists of three short plays, one written by Elaine May and one by Woody Allen (can't think of the third playwright).  I've been a little scared off by the "reviews" on the broadway forums.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »

That was very nice of your friend.  I hope you aren't without any clean clothes now.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »

DR TCB:  The Container Store

Hmm, I guess there is one up in Bellevue, but no other stores in Washington.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »

I find it annoying I need to give Barnes and Noble my credit card info to download a free book.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »

That was very nice of your friend.  I hope you aren't without any clean clothes now.

Well, I will be by Monday.  Maybe I should wear a barrel to work on Monday; maybe people would know I am serious about needing Shared leave.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:18 PM »

I was thinking of seeing a new show called "Relatively Speaking."  It consists of three short plays, one written by Elaine May and one by Woody Allen (can't think of the third playwright).  I've been a little scared off by the "reviews" on the broadway forums.
There have been some regional productions that have been well reviewed. It all depends on whether you're as picky as a New York critic. I wouldn't mind seeing it. I'm probably going to go see a local production of "Xanadu" when I get back to S.A., which got decent but not rave reviews, as I recall.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up