Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUSY WEEK  (Read 26714 times)

DAW

Re: THE BUSY WEEK
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »

Well, I have had some good news.  The damage to my car was extensive [over $7,000.00 worth] and will take 2 to 3 weeks to repair.  But they say that it can be repaired.  My insurance will cover the full cost of my rental car duing that time.  AND...the other driver DID have insurance, as it turns out, and they are accepting 100% responsibility, and will reimburse my insurance company for the full cost of the damages, PLUS the cost of my deductible.  Add to that the fact that I still have had no pain from the collision, and I have to say I'm a pretty lucky guy.    :)

FJL

« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2009, 02:16:15 PM »

Great news. David!

Laura

« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »

Good news, DAW!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »

Well, I have had some good news.  The damage to my car was extensive [over $7,000.00 worth] and will take 2 to 3 weeks to repair.  But they say that it can be repaired.  My insurance will cover the full cost of my rental car duing that time.  AND...the other driver DID have insurance, as it turns out, and they are accepting 100% responsibility, and will reimburse my insurance company for the full cost of the damages, PLUS the cost of my deductible.  Add to that the fact that I still have had no pain from the collision, and I have to say I'm a pretty lucky guy.    :)

Of course what you meant to say is in you're horrible pain that will cost you up to the full amount of the other's liability limits.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »

(Great news, DAW).  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2009, 02:20:49 PM »

Great news David.

Ben

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2009, 02:21:33 PM »

I am eating scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese and smoked turkey and a piece of rye toast for dinner. I'm also sitting in front of the computer listening to NPR's live audio stream

DAW

« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2009, 02:23:24 PM »

Thanks, all!    :)

DAW

« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2009, 02:23:56 PM »

DR Ben - that sounds very good, and you are making me realize that I am very hungry.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2009, 02:32:40 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Just waiting for the bus to depart...

These precious moments you're sharing....priceless!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2009, 02:32:58 PM »

It's been an afternoon of synchronicities after my fun Marsha Hunt letter.  First, I discovered that the person I had won something from eBay from was the same guy I had won from about a year ago who may be my second cousin, after the incredible research that Keith L. did.  I had emailed the guy when I won the first thing and he sent a polite, if short, response, and I never heard from him again.  I just emailed again, telling him I knew how weird this was, but it was just too much of a coincidence for me not to want to follow up (as Jane and Keith know, my father's side of the family has always been a mystery due to his being orphaned at an early age).

Then when I was watching RACHEL, RACHEL, my next reviewing assignment, I was surprised to see Harrison Starr as one of the producers.  Harrison rented from my Uncles and gave me some very sweet "showbiz" advice when I was a teenager in NYC and he took me to lunch one day, basically telling me it was a lot easier to make it as a writer/composer than as an actor.  ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2009, 02:34:01 PM »

As I was coming upstairs, there was a knock at the door, and there was the Blu-ray for BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA which I'll be doing tomorrow for my work project. It comes out a week from tomorrow.

I look forward to reading whether or not you think it's really fun or too cute for words.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:29:12 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2009, 02:35:54 PM »

I am eating scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese and smoked turkey and a piece of rye toast for dinner. I'm also sitting in front of the computer listening to NPR's live audio stream

Did you listen to Prairie Home Companion yesterday? He said Happy Birthday to Aunt Pearl (who will be 104 this week).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2009, 02:37:36 PM »

Very good news! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2009, 02:39:31 PM »

Glad to hear your good news, DR DAW!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »

Happy Birthday Druxy!
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2009, 02:47:02 PM »

Hey!  Did anyone else know that Forever Plaid was filmed as a movie??  Not that I really keep up on things like this, but I don't remember ever reading anything about this on Playbill.com.  But, it's really the only theater related website that I go to, so if it was reported anywhere else, I wouldn't have known.

I hope it's good!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »

Did you listen to Prairie Home Companion yesterday? He said Happy Birthday to Aunt Pearl (who will be 104 this week).

I haven't listened yet. It's Pledge Week and a Half and at those times they play Pledge specific programs instead of the actual program. I will go to the PHC Web Site and listen to the program. Dear Aunt Pearl, I'm glad she's still around after all these years ;)

George

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2009, 02:48:55 PM »

Obviously I missed it, but HERE is a Playbill.com article from August 11, 2008.

Laura

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »

Yes, I knew it, George. I am hopeful, but I don't think it will do well as a movie.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »

Fantastic!

I think it's time for my walk. I've just finished the song "Jane Jane Jane," which always reminds me of our DR Nursie, had a teensy nap, and it's time to see what's going on outside the apartment.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:59:12 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »

Pretty lucky guy DR DAW-GREAT NEWS!

Jane

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2009, 03:25:54 PM »

DR JMK I hope your exceptional day continues to improve & you hear good news from the possible cousin.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2009, 03:28:27 PM »

I think it's time for my walk. I've just finished the song "Jane Jane Jane," which always reminds me of our DR Nursie, had a teensy nap, and it's time to see what's going on outside the apartment.

:)

MBarnum

« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2009, 03:33:39 PM »

Great news for DAW regarding the car business...and great news for JMK regarding the Marsha Hunt letter (which I bet is quite fascinating!).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2009, 03:58:34 PM »

Great news for DAW regarding the car business...and great news for JMK regarding the Marsha Hunt letter (which I bet is quite fascinating!).

You would find a postcard saying "the weather is here, wish you were beautiful" fascinating!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »

You would find a postcard saying "the weather is here, wish you were beautiful" fascinating!

Oh, Elmo.....done with "walkies"?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR DRUXY!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2009, 04:36:17 PM »

DAVID- That Is Terrific News. As Long As you Are Feeling OK-That Is All That Counts. The Rest is As They Say In The Navy..All else Is Gravy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2009, 04:39:25 PM »

Well, I guess I won't bother trying to catch up with yesterday's post or today's.  Apparently unless you believe that the musical numbers were an afront to God, that the whole Oscar broadcast sucked, that Sarah Jessica is a bitch and Penelope Cruz a pig.............. then you don't have a right to an opinion.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up