Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME  (Read 54736 times)

Ben

Re:BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2007, 07:44:37 AM »

Miss Ellis is also very circumspect about her life, too, I understand!

Was. Miss Ellis died in 2003

Miss Karen

« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2007, 07:45:30 AM »

Do I let Mr. P have the honor?

Ben

« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2007, 07:46:52 AM »

If you're talking about the page turn, that honor goes to me ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:47:08 AM by Ben »

FJL

« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2007, 07:48:58 AM »

Larry - Sorry I haven't given my schedule for the HHW NYC weekend.  I may have to go to a wedding in Boston on the Friday and stay over until the Saturday.  then Sunday the 1st, we're celebrating my Mom's birthday.  So i'd say make any plans without considering me, and then I'll just glom myself onto them if I end up not going to Boston.

Miss Karen

« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2007, 07:49:16 AM »

Nope, Mr Ben swooped in for the kill...

The Page 7 New Balance Running Shoe Shuffle in honor of DR Jose jogging around the newstand, lake, reservoir....

singdaw

« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2007, 07:51:58 AM »

Come on Number 7!

Baby needs a new pair of shoes?    :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2007, 07:53:08 AM »

It looks like John Doyle may be bringing Sondheim's Bounce to NYC.

But NOT with the actors playing instruments...

Jeeze--Sondheim needs to take a page from Dot's diary.  The one where she talks about moving on.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Miss Karen

« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2007, 07:53:09 AM »

Baby needs a new pair of shoes?    :)

Yep! New Balance Running Shoes!

singdaw

« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2007, 07:54:17 AM »

Oh, DR Edisaurus - thanks for the tiger piglets!!   :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2007, 07:54:59 AM »

Word in the park is that Jose is an expert on reservoirs. He's always giving people reservoir tips.

[GROAN]

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Miss Karen

« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2007, 07:55:38 AM »

Oh, DR Edisaurus - thanks for the tiger piglets!!   :)

Ditto! Cute photos for all us animal-loving HHWers!

Ginny

« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2007, 07:56:58 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  I'm working a shortened day today (leaving at 4pm) and taking tomorrow as a vacation day.  My sister and her husband are coming from Michigan, their daughter from Illinois, and my cousin from Georgia, so there will be much family time.  My niece is staying at our house, I think (the guest room is ready...)

TOD - CD(car) - audiobook, These High Green Hills, by Jan Karon.

With all the relatives in town, there probably won't be time for much else this weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »

DR FJL - wasn't last night the opening of Herringbone?  How did it go?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2007, 07:57:16 AM »

The first couple of seasons, which I watched regularly.  After that, I was rather apathetic.  I think part of it was the raving cult status, and one of my best friends was an insane cult member, and a feeling the show was too caught up in its own importance, which is why I became disenchanted with SIX FEET UNDER as well.  

I'm sorry that other people spoiled it for you.  I was spared that "association" with others.  I did find a group on the internet (in a film music forum) with whom I could trade observations, thoughts, etc.   And I was amused to read that some rather scientific minds were intrigued by the show.

I always had the sense that Joss Whedon and his writers knew exactly what the show was and never deviated from it...and that was part of its appeal for me...that it didn't cop out and that it delivered the goods week after week.

The third season was the show's very best, IMO.  All the seasons, though, were well above -- in quality and interest -- most other TV shows I've seen.

And then there were those wonderful vamps...Angel, Spike, Darla and Druscilla! And, later, Harmony!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:03:42 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2007, 07:58:01 AM »

Heading down now to get cleaned up a bit before heading out on my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »

... and my cousin from Georgia, so there will be much family time.  

A Carpetbagger???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2007, 08:02:58 AM »

I've dipped into Ethan Mordden's All That Glittered

Ah, yes, with the 30-year-old photo of the author who no longer looks like that!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2007, 08:04:46 AM »

Speaking of running and jogging, time to take my Deuce out for his morning exercise.

Have a great one, folks!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2007, 08:05:04 AM »

Ah, yes, with the 30-year-old photo of the author who no longer looks like that!

Paddy paws, paddy paws, Larry!  Claws in!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2007, 08:05:46 AM »

Was. Miss Ellis died in 2003

I meant Miss Eliis is very circumpect [in her book]. I know the old dyke is dead.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2007, 08:06:09 AM »

Nice to see you posting, Rodzinski!   We hear far TOO LITTLE out of you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2007, 08:07:06 AM »

I can only say that the author's photo is as shakey as his scholarship and reliance on his not-so-total-recall.

MBarnum

« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2007, 08:07:19 AM »

Oh Mikey, where do you do all of your shopping?  ... inquiring minds want to know...

Of course, IndiaWeekly.com!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2007, 08:07:44 AM »

I meant Miss Eliis is very circumpect [in her book]. I know the old dyke is dead.

Ditto!

(LARRY!}

:)

singdaw

« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2007, 08:08:31 AM »

Joss Whedon

I didn't know a thing about Buffy at the time, but was intrigued by him and how articulate he was on the panel discussion during the "Wall to Wall Sondheim" event a few years back.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2007, 08:08:54 AM »

Somebody took his "sugar" pills this morning!

Jennifer

« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2007, 08:09:18 AM »

RE: SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS SPOILERS*

I think it's okay that they are being voted as couples. They will change partners soon (and they change styles weekly). I also like that the judges make the final call (the audience votes for the 3 lowest couples and the judges vote out one girl and one boy).

If you're partner is popular then i think it can really benefit some people.

Okay now for last night.

I was not really happy with the results.

I didn't like/agree with either the boy or girl the judges voted out.

I guess though you really have to look at wednesday night's performance. And then also look at the solo performance (i don't like the solos).  And if you only look at these 2 things then i guess they made the right choice.

Personally i thought cedric (hip hop dancer with faina) was the best by far. He was great in his couples dance on wed. And his solo was fantastic. so to me he had to be safe.

As for the other two (ricky and dominic). Well i agree that dominic (break dancer) was better on wed. Although he wasn't great. I just think that ricky and ashley were at a huge disadvantage. They were not given a good style of dance. And their choreography (given) was not good. So i didn't think it was fair to get rid of them. I think ricky had much more potential than dominic. And he did do his best on wed. So i would have kept him.

But i guess if they were going solely by wed night and solo. I get why they got rid of ricky. But i don't agree.

As for the girls, i really dislike faina (sp?) and i also wasn't crazy about the first girl (sorry i can't remember her name, she was the disco one with dominic). I really liked ashley and think she is a very good dancer. But again they were only going by wed night and the solos. So i see why the ditched ashley. But there is no way those other 2 girls are going to progress in this competition. And it wasn't like either did that well on wed (faina really struggled).

It just felt like it wasn't ashley's fault at all. She was given such average choreography while others were given brilliant work. I feel like the judges should make sure all the choreography is above average. So that really good dancers (who could have gone far) are not at a disadvantage.

I would have gotten rid of dominic and his partner. But i would not have cared if faina left. She just rubs me the wrong way.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:12:25 AM by Jennifer »

singdaw

« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2007, 08:12:18 AM »

I actually bought a CD yesterday that I love. The soundtrack to an incredible movie out now called ONCE. Wonderful music. Beautiful, simple movie about a street singer in Dublin meeting a Czech girl and working on songs with her. Highly recommended!

DR Rodzinski, DR JoseSPiano also posted a recommendation on this film and the songs some weeks ago.  I may just have to venture out at lunch and pick this up!

MBarnum

« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2007, 08:13:03 AM »

When I woke up this morning I had Dog Bosco on one side of me and Fred the cat on the other side of me and I did not want to get out of bed.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2007, 08:18:42 AM »

Edi, the package arrived yesterday! What a treat. The card was also very funny.

Now that I have your address I will send you the 3 CDs of my work on Radio Wales.

I'm working on Volume 4 right now and it should be out by the end of the summer. That sounds like I'm having it professionally done but the studio is our bedroom.

Hurrah! Did Ant get to see the Morelli photo yet? Wouldn't his gangster lineage automatically qualify him to play a gangster/pastry chef?

I'm sure there are filmmakers who can also claim that "the studio is our bedroom". Does that mean you can write it off? Is this where the term "laying down on the job" originated?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Up