Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: TOOTSIE ROLL  (Read 37982 times)

MBarnum

Re:TOOTSIE ROLL
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2006, 02:49:55 PM »

I watched THE CLASS also, but didn't care much for it. The actors seemed very over-actorish, I thought. They could turn it down just a bit.

I am looking forward to seeing JERICHO. It certainly looks interesting!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2006, 02:50:14 PM »

Ginny, I'm working on that right now.  I need to stop in Pennsylvania & visit my friend which means I will postpone my arrival in NY until the late afternoon, early evening of the 4th.

I've got to go run errands and if I have time walk.  I couldn't get out yesterday.

MBarnum

« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2006, 02:55:07 PM »

DR JHVW, I found that, when I was ready to do so, the nicotine patches worked very, very well for me.

I never did try the lozenges, but they might be even better for all I know. But the patches were nice because you got a constant stream of nicotine and so avoided the possible relapse a sudden craving could create (since the gum's affect would wear off after a few hours).

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2006, 02:57:11 PM »

Today's TOD reminded me of a website that's lots of fun:

Name That Candy Bar

or, as I remembered it, Candy Bar Cross Sections!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

Jose, believe me, I've warned him about my "deals".  He seems to understand how I like to work and what my needs are, and seems like he can handle it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2006, 03:02:03 PM »

Off to clean the living room now. Have some reading to do after that, and then back to finish SHOCK TREATMENT.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »

This is the first time I've stopped sweating all day.  It's really hot out, and I've been running around since ten-thirty, non-stop.

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2006, 03:22:28 PM »

DR Cillaliz and jhvw - I should be in NYC sometime during that week.  When do you head back to home?

We arrive around 3:00pm on Wed (4th) and leave Sunday Morning (8th). We'll be at the Milford Plaza.  I'll send you my cell phone number. Hope we can see you!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2006, 03:24:30 PM »

Dear BK -- Best wishes and all good vibes to you, and hope that your M.D. turns out to be dependable, and in synch with you and the show.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2006, 03:24:37 PM »

Wow---all these nice messages of welcome including the busiest man in showbusiness, BK! Thanks!

In answer to the question about how Bailey ended up on the book cover: the real cat who is the "author" of the book, Blackjack, passed on before it was finished. The author is my brother-in-law, and since Blackjack was a very large tux cat, I was happy to have mine stand in as the cover model!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MusicGuy

« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2006, 03:27:25 PM »

DR jhvw -- whenever you're ready to make a decision to quit, I just thought I'd throw in a supportive word about the Nicorette gum.  I quit 21 years ago, used the gum, it really calmed the cravings and the jittery feeling, and ai also realized at the time that it had to be a total quit for me.  To this day, I know that if I let myself have one cigarette, I could easily get hooked again.

Good luck with your decisions......... :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2006, 03:28:20 PM »

and a Merry Welcome to new DR - Edisaurus.

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »

DR JHVW, I found that, when I was ready to do so, the nicotine patches worked very, very well for me.

I never did try the lozenges, but they might be even better for all I know. But the patches were nice because you got a constant stream of nicotine and so avoided the possible relapse a sudden craving could create (since the gum's affect would wear off after a few hours).

Speaking of lozenges....I was having a MAJOR craving this afternoon that just wouldn't go away.  It was driving me nuts...actually I've had cravings all day. So, I went to the store and bought the Control Lozenges.  They are a lot like the gum. You hold them in your mouth for about 20 minutes while they dissolve.  They don't taste the greatest, but taste better than the gum.  It did take away the craving.  

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2006, 03:42:09 PM »

Welcome DR Edisaurus!

Happy Birthday - once again - DR Elmore!

A few minutes ago the phone rang, the doorbell rang and the microwave timer all went off at EXACTLY the same instant. What are the chances, eh?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you are now hungry for a Tootsie Roll, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're trying to figure out why Goober's are called Goober's and I'm not telling them.

That first paragraph of the notes was one of the longest ........
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2006, 03:46:08 PM »

I have decided I am going to quit for good.  I think with the lozenges I can do that.  I will not become a lozenge addict like my friend Rob, who never smoked cigarettes but became addicted to Nicorette and now has moved on to the lozenges, lol...

Jennifer

« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »

Yes NIP/TUCK is on, but it hasn't started here yet! :(
(we don't get F/X).  Last year was better because we were only a few days behind.

Jennifer

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2006, 03:48:18 PM »

Well since i can't watch Nip/Tuck I will have to look forward to the ABC shows (Dancing With the Stars and Boston Legal).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2006, 03:52:51 PM »

Yesterday BK, you wrote:No, I haven't seen "The Conversation."  I assume that there is a scene with toilets?  Do I really want to watch this?? ;) Actually, I've already added it to my Netflix queue, so I will be getting it as soon as I turn in one of the movies that I have now...that I still have yet to watch. ::)

If you don't like toilet scenes, avoid TRAINSPOTTING.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2006, 03:55:29 PM »

To this day, I know that if I let myself have one cigarette, I could easily get hooked again.

Tell me about it! After chain smoking 2-3 packs/day for over 10 years, I quit - cold turkey! I stayed off the buggers for the next 14 years (although I spent 9 of those years living with a chain smoker). Then, in a VERY misguided attempt to get a date to quit, I lit up after dinner on a Thursday evening - hey, it's only one cigarette! Friday I bought one, pack; Monday was a two pack day and I was off and running - another almost 20 years of 2-3 packs a day! I finally quit as a welcome side effect of a two-week stay in the hospital with an esophageal infection and double pneumonia - there are times one just cannot smoke!

Nothing upsets me like watching teens at the Mall puffing away! When I started in th 50s, we didn't know better - now we do!

Yes, Virginia, one cigarette will a compulsive addiction restart! :'(

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2006, 03:58:48 PM »

Miss Wynn did two more shows after BABES, then went into vaudeville.  During BABES, a publicity article said she was going to Europe to study opera.  In the early 1920s, she said in an interview that she was stuck by director Julian Mitchell in boys' roles in theatre and she preferred the haute couture of vaudeville.  In 1945 she played the Widow Piper in a touring production of BABES IN TOYLAND with Fred Kelly, Gene's brother.  She died in 1968, I recall.  

That's a shame.  Otherwise, Mr. Barnum could have dated her.
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2006, 04:00:50 PM »

If you don't like toilet scenes, avoid TRAINSPOTTING.

And TAXI ZUM KLO!

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »

Tell me about it! After chain smoking 2-3 packs/day for over 10 years, I quit - cold turkey! I stayed off the buggers for the next 14 years (although I spent 9 of those years living with a chain smoker). Then, in a VERY misguided attempt to get a date to quit, I lit up after dinner on a Thursday evening - hey, it's only one cigarette! Friday I bought one, pack; Monday was a two pack day and I was off and running - another almost 20 years of 2-3 packs a day! I finally quit as a welcome side effect of a two-week stay in the hospital with an esophageal infection and double pneumonia - there are times one just cannot smoke!

Nothing upsets me like watching teens at the Mall puffing away! When I started in th 50s, we didn't know better - now we do!

Yes, Virginia, one cigarette will a compulsive addiction restart! :'(

der Brucer

Yes, I am living proof of that too.  I am serious about quitting this time.  I just have to do it and stick with it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2006, 04:10:10 PM »

DR Edisaurus - this is my youngest. She was lost and starving and showed up on my doorstep last June.  She's about 11 months old now, and finally getting along with her older sister

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2006, 04:12:26 PM »

Finally did some writing - two pages - felt very good and a couple of very amusing lines.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »

If you're going to be a movie star.....you might as well ACT like one!

8)

Which one was Mickey?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2006, 04:23:37 PM »

I read for Venticello #1, Van Swieten, Rosenberg, and Joseph II.

You didn't read for Salieri???
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2006, 04:28:21 PM »

In the meantime...  I replaced the light bulbs around the vanity in the bathroom, cleaned the bathroom floor, replaced the shower liner, threw out the garbage, boxed up and labeled the remaining 3 in my[/b] room, did some laundry, vacuumed the living room, etc., etc., etc...

Which reminds me, Jose, you owe me a Nick chest photo!
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2006, 04:31:39 PM »

Yes, I am living proof of that too.  I am serious about quitting this time.  I just have to do it and stick with it.

And have you told the young man the unvarnished truth - quitting ain't easy, quitting is a BITCH! Non-smokers have no concept on how physiologically additive nicotine is.  It is said by some (men, I suspect) that quitting smoking is harder than childbirth.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »

Which reminds me, Jose, you owe me a Nick chest photo!

You want a picture of Santa's steamer trunk?

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up