Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S SHOW TIME  (Read 10948 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: IT'S SHOW TIME
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2010, 04:09:43 PM »

PAGE FIVE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2010, 04:10:37 PM »

Richard just took Rob and me for a drive around town to see all the beautiful flowering trees.  Now Rob and I know what to blame for our scratchy throats and stuffy ears - but they are pretty and won't last if we get the rain that's predicted for tonight.

I think that may be my problem as well. Spring allergies always make me think I'm getting a cold.
The oak pollen here is so out of control that I do have a fever of 101 from it and I haven't even been out today to get the mail. I can't concentrate on anything long enough to get any work done, either.

Feel better soon, John G.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »

T.O.D.

When I was growing up, ham was not my favorite meat for dinner.  I loved turkey, which my sister loathed; but ham was also way down the list.  The only reason I could tolerate the ham dinner for Easter and or Christmas, was that I knew that a few nights later, my mother would make her incredible Scalloped Potatoes and Ham.  Without a doubt, my favorite potato dish.  I make good scalloped potatoes, but nothing like my mother's.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »

Has anyone here ever read any of John Nance's books?

PANDORA'S CLOCK... MEDUSA'S CHILD....FIREFLIGHT....SAVING ARCADIA?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »

Hey...I just noticed on my Futurama calendar that today is Tater Day in Benton, Kentucky!  What a coinky-dink!

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »

I haven't read any of these.  Are they any good or do you want recommendations?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »

I haven't read any of these.  Are they any good or do you want recommendations?

They are all great.  PANDORA and MEDUSA were both made into miniseries for television.  SAVING ARCADIA is my favorite.  I am going to start reading it, yet again, tonight.  John Nance is not only the aviation expert for ABC News, but he is a friend of mine.  I once directed him in a play, many years ago.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »

TCB please tell John he needs to do something about the book page on his website.  Are all of his books stand alone reads or do any have recurring characters?  In other words, do I need to read them in order?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »

TCB please tell John he needs to do something about the book page on his website.  Are all of his books stand alone reads or do any have recurring characters?  In other words, do I need to read them in order?

Jane, what is wrong with his book page.  And I sure hope he isn't reading this site today, since three times I have called his book SAVING ARCADIA, instead of SAVING CASCADIA.  Whoops!  And the book is sitting right here on my desk.  And it is my favorite.

I haven't read all of his books, Jane, but I believe most of them, if not all, are stand alone books.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2010, 05:02:10 PM »

SAVING ARCADIA?

I think you mean Cascadia.  I couldn't find arcadia.  I'll see if I can find it, or his other books, to read.  I'll skip the two made into movies as I've seen those.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2010, 05:02:15 PM »

SPOILER ALERT:  Cuba arrived in the mail today.

Boy! I bet it took a lot of postage to mail a country

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »

SAVING ARCADIA?

I think you mean Cascadia.  I couldn't find arcadia.  I'll see if I can find it, or his other books, to read.  I'll skip the two made into movies as I've seen those.

I know, I am really dumb.  I kept typing Aracadia, but I was thinking Cascadia, because Cascadia was the name of the former Puyallup Indian Hospital in Tacoma, and later the tribal center.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »

SAVING ARCADIA?

I know, I am really dumb.  I kept typing Aracadia, but I was thinking Cascadia, because Cascadia was the name of the former Puyallup Indian Hospital in Tacoma, and later the tribal center.

That has nothing to do with the book, but I have often wondered if that is where John borrowed the name for his book.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »

It's been a very busy day!  Lots to do lots to do...now I'm paying bills....oh joy

Jane

« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »

Jane, what is wrong with his book page.  And I sure hope he isn't reading this site today, since three times I have called his book SAVING ARCADIA, instead of SAVING CASCADIA.  Whoops!  And the book is sitting right here on my desk.  And it is my favorite.

I haven't read all of his books, Jane, but I believe most of them, if not all, are stand alone books.

Guess I didn't need the post following your correction.  He should still be pleased because at least one person will read his work now.

The books aren't listed in order, and it wasn't easy to see the synopsis.  Plus to see all the books he has written you have to go to another page to find them, and then they are all grouped together.  The first page mentions he wrote 19 books, naming many but not all of them.

I found it all rather uncomfortable to read & browse his books.  Granted I don't have the best vision, still I don't normally have this problem on other author's sites.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »

Guess I didn't need the post following your correction.  He should still be pleased because at least one person will read his work now.

The books aren't listed in order, and it wasn't easy to see the synopsis.  Plus to see all the books he has written you have to go to another page to find them, and then they are all grouped together.  The first page mentions he wrote 19 books, naming many but not all of them.

I found it all rather uncomfortable to read & browse his books.  Granted I don't have the best vision, still I don't normally have this problem on other author's sites.

Jane, try this Fact Sheet.

http://www.johnjnance.com/moreabout/factsheet.htm

It doesn't include either his most recent non-fiction book, WHY HOSPITALS SHOULD FLY, or his most recent fiction book, ORBIT.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »

Cuba has just arrived! 

The case is cracked in a couple of places, but the CD itself and the artwork are all fine. :)

Jane

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2010, 05:48:43 PM »

It doesn't include either his most recent non-fiction book, WHY HOSPITALS SHOULD FLY, or his most recent fiction book, ORBIT.

Or any detail about the books ;)  Thanks for the list.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »

The phone rang, I answered, and a recording said "I'm sorry we have the wrong number."  I googled the number & found other people have received the same message.

Ben

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2010, 05:59:30 PM »

I just got an e-mail from a friend who invested (a small amount of) money in Looped.

It's closing on Sunday. Oh, well, as she said, that's show biz. She enjoyed the adventure and would do it again if asked. That's a good sign.

Here is the Playbill article about the closing

Looped

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »

Good story this morning, DR BEN.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »

We use Cascadia in our dishwasher.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »

Or any detail about the books ;)  Thanks for the list.

Jane, if you go to this site"

http://www.johnjnance.com/

Then click on "Books by John Nance."  About half way down there is a paragraph that includes all of his fictional books in no particular order.  If you click on any of those titles, it will take you to a description of that book.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »

I can't find my LP copy of the soundtrack, so I don't know what it says about what other movie used the Katz music - my LP had that illustration on the back, and a lobby card on the front with green trim on the top and bottom of the cover.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2010, 06:14:24 PM »

Jane, if you go to this site"

http://www.johnjnance.com/

Then click on "Books by John Nance."  About half way down there is a paragraph that includes all of his fictional books in no particular order.  If you click on any of those titles, it will take you to a description of that book.
[/quote]

Yes, I know.  I don't care for how the page is set up.  And at the bottom of the page is a link to all the books.  To me, both pages are poorly done.  They should be combined into one nice neat page.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:15:59 PM by Jane »

George

« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »

Off to rehearsal...I think we're going to run act one.

Until later!

Jane

« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »

DR TCB, thanks anyway for trying to make it easier for me :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2010, 06:46:47 PM »

G'night.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2010, 07:09:35 PM »

Did anyone hear that Dumbo is going to be late?   

Ok, I don't know why this Dumbo stuff cracks me up so much,....more coffee may help

I heard that Mrs. Dumbo was late......... which is where little Dumbo came from.

Um, in the movie Dumbo is brought by a stork.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up