Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SEMI-COLON  (Read 9414 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE SEMI-COLON
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »

I happen to be quite fond of damask.

My cage has many rooms
Damask and dark
Nothing there sings,
Not even my lark

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »

I am pretty sure I've got my colors picked out for the new den. I'll probably start that project tomorrow.  No matter what I'll buy the paint this weekend, there's a $5 per gallon rebate at Home Depot.  I like their premium paint.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »

Have a great stay-cation, DR Cillaliz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »

What I dont' want to do is finish getting the wall paper off the wall.   It's never as bad a job as I imagine it will be, but I have to be careful of the wood floors in this room, that hasn't been the case in the other rooms I've done.

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »

Safe travels Ginny~!!  Sounds like you had a wonderful time in NYC

ChasSmith

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »

Sauces, oh my, yes.  Love 'em, both simple and complicated.

At home, definitely simple -- for example, a nice mouth-filling meat sauce for pasta.  I CHEAT by starting with a can or three of Hunts -- I always forget the name, but it's the only one that for some reason doesn't include HFCS in the ingredients.  Brown a pound or three of decent ground beef (I've tried other meats but they just don't quite satisfy in the same way), being sure to season with fresh ground S&P.  Lightly sautee some chopped/crushed fresh garlic in a little olive oil.  Fresh basil if I have any.  Simmer it all together until you can't stand it any longer.  

That's for "hearty" eating.  Perhaps someone can post something a little more delicate.

ChasSmith

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »

New den!?  Jealous!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »

Trying to get everything done for our announcement.  Always time consuming and crazy.  And I still haven't heard a peep from the mastering guy and he's about to get an earful should he pick up the phone when I call him.

Danise

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »

Happy, happy, happy Birthday, DR Jeanne!!!!!!     :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »

Thanks!

We did have a great time in NYC, but it wasn't long enough.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »

Ditto~~~
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »

Today I started my staycation.   I'm not going back to work until next Wednesday and not going anywhere just staying in town. 
How was Memphis?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »

So, George, how was the Full Monty?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »

Have a great stay-cation, DR Cillaliz!

Thanks!  I'm sure I will.  I have plans to work on the house and the yard.  Maybe go to a movie or two, maybe go out to eat....and maybe just sit.   Actually I have to do the yard.  I have to get out the chain saw and take care of a big branch that came down in the wind the other day

George

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »

So, George, how was the Full Monty?

Quite good!  The (almost completely filled) audience loved it, as did I.  At the very end when they take off their g-strings, they covered themselves with their hats just as the backlights came on, so you only saw nekkid butts during their last number, but not frontals.

Darn.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »

Today I started my staycation.   I'm not going back to work until next Wednesday and not going anywhere just staying in town. 
How was Memphis?

Oh, I have been gone.  Memphis was fun.  It was a great seminar and I did manage to go to the National Civil Rights Museum - very impressive - ate at Charles Vergos' Rendezvous, Gus' Fried Chicken, Rum Boogie Cafe, Blue Plate Cafe, and I think the rest would have been catered..Central BBQ, another barbeque place and a sushi place.    I don't know who catered on the boat trip, but the southern comfort food was wonderful.

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2012, 02:35:47 PM »

I also really enjoyed being downtown and riding the trolleys.  I was having a bad flare up of tendonitis in my ankle, so I wasn't able to walk much.  Lots of R.I.C.E. and riding the trolleys to get from one place to another.   Memphis is working on restoring storefronts downtown and I really love that stuff, so I did a lot of looking at the architecture

FJL

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »

Getting ready for my whirlwind Saturday-night to Monday-morn theatergoing trip to Los Angeles.

It seems that it will be about 15 degrees cooler in L.A. than in NYC, or so they'r predicting.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »

I started to limp my way into the BBQ cooking contest, but they told me you couldn't just walk in and do people's choice this year (I don't really think that was true) and my ankle was really sore. So, with no way to get around without walking, I hopped the trolley and headed back to the hotel

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »

Getting ready for my whirlwind Saturday-night to Monday-morn theatergoing trip to Los Angeles.

It seems that it will be about 15 degrees cooler in L.A. than in NYC, or so they'r predicting.

VIBES FOR SAFE TRAVELS~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

John G.

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »

How was Memphis?

Oh, I have been gone.  Memphis was fun.  It was a great seminar and I did manage to go to the National Civil Rights Museum - very impressive - ate at Charles Vergos' Rendezvous, Gus' Fried Chicken, Rum Boogie Cafe, Blue Plate Cafe, and I think the rest would have been catered..Central BBQ, another barbeque place and a sushi place.    I don't know who catered on the boat trip, but the southern comfort food was wonderful.

A barbecue and sushi place. Sounds like heaven to me. Oh, those were two separate places. Sorry, just dreaming.
― Voltaire

George

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2012, 03:05:35 PM »

Just got off the phone with the mastering guy - it's a good thing I called - he hasn't checked his e-mails in over two days - he's having work done on his kitchen.  It apparently hadn't sunk in that this was urgent and needed by today - he hasn't even started it.  I'm so irked right now.  He's starting right now and if he's diligent and focuses he should get in done in the next five hours.  I told him I needed at least six tracks by nine this evening.  From now on, when there's an urgent situation regarding a release, I'll just pick up the phone.

Danise

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »

Sauces, oh my, yes.  Love 'em, both simple and complicated.

At home, definitely simple -- for example, a nice mouth-filling meat sauce for pasta.  I CHEAT by starting with a can or three of Hunts -- I always forget the name, but it's the only one that for some reason doesn't include HFCS in the ingredients.  Brown a pound or three of decent ground beef (I've tried other meats but they just don't quite satisfy in the same way), being sure to season with fresh ground S&P.  Lightly sautee some chopped/crushed fresh garlic in a little olive oil.  Fresh basil if I have any.  Simmer it all together until you can't stand it any longer.  

That's for "hearty" eating.  Perhaps someone can post something a little more delicate.

That's pretty much the way I do it, only I always dice a large white onion and sautee that until it's transparent, then I add the garlic...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2012, 03:37:25 PM »

Greetings from the fabulous Residence Inn at Thomas Circle in Washington, DC!  Our room here is about 3 times the size of the one in NYC and it costs about $75 less per night.  I've stayed in this hotel before for conferences, but it's Richard's first stay here.  We're already very comfortable.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2012, 03:37:38 PM »

Sauces, oh my, yes.  Love 'em, both simple and complicated.

At home, definitely simple -- for example, a nice mouth-filling meat sauce for pasta.  I CHEAT by starting with a can or three of Hunts -- I always forget the name, but it's the only one that for some reason doesn't include HFCS in the ingredients.  Brown a pound or three of decent ground beef (I've tried other meats but they just don't quite satisfy in the same way), being sure to season with fresh ground S&P.  Lightly sautee some chopped/crushed fresh garlic in a little olive oil.  Fresh basil if I have any.  Simmer it all together until you can't stand it any longer. 

That's for "hearty" eating.  Perhaps someone can post something a little more delicate.

I throw in a can of diced tomatoes, a lot of onion, and ground pork with the ground beef. And lots of mushrooms.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up