Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAVY LIFTING  (Read 21820 times)

Jason

Re:HEAVY LIFTING
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2004, 04:13:24 PM »

If a petite cross-dresser ever steals my car, he'll be thrilled.

Panni...I'm sure we could find one if you're really desperate to get rid of those gowns.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2004, 04:15:33 PM »

Here's another entry to the weird celebrity baby names list (As in Apple - daughter of Paltrow and Martin). I just read that Courtney Cox and David Arquette's new baby is... Coco.
Coco Cox Arquette. Hope she doesn't stutter.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 04:18:16 PM by Panni »

Michael

« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2004, 04:39:49 PM »

Maybe now that Anika Noni Rose  won the tony she can excise the American Idol movie she was in. What was that name again. Justin Does Kelley? I didn't actually she the movie I was channel surfing and caught the final overhead shot of everyone dancing and wondering what movie it was. As the cast credits rolled I was just about to switch the channel until I saw Anika Noni Rose name. You've come a long way baby!
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2004, 04:40:39 PM »

OH! MBarnum: I'm reading a book called "Running With Scissors" by a Mr. Augusten Burroughs, and ever since I started reading it, I can't help but imagine that this guy looks just like you. I'm not sure why, but he's you. Or you're him. He's a twelve year old and his parents are divorced. His mom has gone crazy and left him to stay with a dirty psychiatrist and his dirty family. He feels totally out of control of his life--except for his clothes and his hair.

Jason, when you finish reading RUNNING WITH SCISSORS, be sure you read Mr. Burroughs sequel, DRY, about his life in New York City.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jason

« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2004, 04:41:31 PM »

Oh, wow...I had no idea that Anika was in FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY. I actually saw that movie on opening day. I was in Pennsylvania doing summerstock...there was nothing else to do. She's far too good to be in dreck like FJTK. There again, I can appreciate a paycheck. I'm sure she appreciated it, too.

Michael

« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2004, 04:42:37 PM »

Here's another entry to the weird celebrity baby names list (As in Apple - daughter of Paltrow and Martin). I just read that Courtney Cox and David Arquette's new baby is... Coco.

What are they trying to prove? Don't the realize what that their names will do for them when they get to school. Bad enough being parents of celebs but to be saddle with a oddball names.

And oh an interesting piece of trivia. Courtney Cox's brother-in-law is being coming her sister-in-law.
Never stop dreaming.

Jason

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2004, 04:43:26 PM »

Jason, when you finish reading RUNNING WITH SCISSORS, be sure you read Mr. Burroughs sequel, DRY, about his life in New York City.

If it's as good a read as RUNNING WITH SCISSORS, I'll be glad to! He apparently has a third book out, too...SELLEVISION.

I'm not quite sure what is making me listen to this over and over, but Tonya's big number is pretty incredible despite her obvious vocal problems. I think this the ninth or tenth time I've listened to it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2004, 04:48:56 PM »

What are they trying to prove? Don't the realize what that their names will do for them when they get to school. Bad enough being parents of celebs but to be saddle with a oddball names.

And oh an interesting piece of trivia. Courtney Cox's brother-in-law is being coming her sister-in-law.

WHAT??? :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2004, 04:52:21 PM »

Ditto to the "What"?  

Such a statement and no elaboration?

As many folks here probably know, Alexis Arquette has been cross-dressing for some time and building a career, too.  I'm "guessing" Michael is referring to Alexis, but I suppose we'll find out...in time.....

« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 04:56:03 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2004, 04:52:25 PM »

OH! MBarnum: I'm reading a book called "Running With Scissors" by a Mr. Augusten Burroughs

Jason, have you ever read any of David Sedaris' writings?  Funny stuff, like Burroughs.  (David Sedaris is the brother of my latest pretend girlfriend, Amy Sedaris, star of Strangers With Candy)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2004, 04:54:34 PM »

If it's as good a read as RUNNING WITH SCISSORS, I'll be glad to! He apparently has a third book out, too...SELLEVISION.

I know that SELLEVISION is available, but it is a novel, not a memoir, so I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.  However, it does look like a very funny take on QVC.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2004, 04:54:49 PM »

George, everyone:

Re: Alexis Arquette, I found this on Google.

http://worldofwonder.net/archives/2004/05/24/at_least_he_wont_have_to_change_his_name.php
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2004, 05:02:50 PM »

Jason, have you ever read any of David Sedaris' writings?  Funny stuff, like Burroughs.  (David Sedaris is the brother of my latest pretend girlfriend, Amy Sedaris, star of Strangers With Candy)

Dan: I'm obsessed with Mr. Sedaris' work. I just finished his new book on Sunday and on Friday I ordered a 14-disc boxed set of him reading his work. I should hopefully have it tomorrow. The story he tells in ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY about the towels and the mystery wiper just makes me howl with laughter. I mean, doubled over in laughter with tears running down the cheeks kind of guffawing. His short stories in BARREL FEVER are hilarious, too.

I love Amy Sedaris. For such a good looking girl, she sure uglied herself up for "Strangers With Candy." I think she's a great comedianne and I wish that she and David would write a full-length play. I know they worked on THE SANTALAND DIARIES together, but that's a one man show, I think...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2004, 05:03:03 PM »

I hope the baby is a she.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2004, 05:09:55 PM »

I love Amy Sedaris. For such a good looking girl, she sure uglied herself up for "Strangers With Candy." I think she's a great comedianne and I wish that she and David would write a full-length play. I know they worked on THE SANTALAND DIARIES together, but that's a one man show, I think...

They did write a full length play that played in NYC last year, but I can't remember the title at the mo'.  (I've only been pretending to see Amy for a short time now, so I'm not completely familiar with all of her work.)
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2004, 05:15:03 PM »

It's called THE BOOK OF LIZ. I'd suggest reading it before your next "date."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 05:15:33 PM by Jason »

Panni

« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2004, 05:20:19 PM »

Jason you've become so obsessed with Tonya that ...let me be the first to break the news to you... You're starting to look like her.
Jason and and DanTM - Have you ever seen Amy Sedaris on Letterman? She and Dave have this sexy/funny (pretend) flirtation going and they're wonderful together.

Michael

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2004, 05:20:38 PM »

Ditto to the "What"?  

Such a statement and no elaboration?

As many folks here probably know, Alexis Arquette has been cross-dressing for some time and building a career, too.  I'm "guessing" Michael is referring to Alexis, but I suppose we'll find out...in time.....

I like to add little tidbits every now and then, but don't want to make them that easy. Its more fun to guess and do a little research.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2004, 05:21:41 PM »

Here is a picture of Alexis

Never stop dreaming.

Panni

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2004, 05:22:08 PM »

Yes Dan, Coco is a she. I used to have a chocolate lab named Coco. Also a she.

Jason

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2004, 05:31:54 PM »

Jason you've become so obsessed with Tonya that ...let me be the first to break the news to you... You're starting to look like her.

Oh, my God! You're right! I've become a forlorn black woman!

Jason and and DanTM - Have you ever seen Amy Sedaris on Letterman? She and Dave have this sexy/funny (pretend) flirtation going and they're wonderful together.

Yes, I've seen them together and they were hilarious. I didn't even recognize Amy when I saw her. She's quite attractive. You'd never guess that from watching SWC.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2004, 05:44:25 PM »

I've seen them together many a time.  In fact, I first fell for Amy the night she did an early morning tour of Christopher Street on Letterman's 4:00 AM show last month.  But I can deal with their flirting because I can pretend to be secure with my relationship with Amy.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2004, 05:48:01 PM »

Oh, my God! You're right! I've become a forlorn black woman!Yes, I've seen them together and they were hilarious. I didn't even recognize Amy when I saw her. She's quite attractive. You'd never guess that from watching SWC.

Amy is very attractive.  I think she'd make a dandy replacement for Kristen Chenoweth in Wicked.  (But I doubt that she'd do it.)
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2004, 05:49:28 PM »

Amy is very attractive.  I think she'd make a dandy replacement for Kristen Chenoweth in Wicked.  (But I doubt that she'd do it.)

But can she sing??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2004, 06:05:16 PM »

The day has waned for anyone who hasn't noticed.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2004, 06:05:50 PM »

It's called THE BOOK OF LIZ. I'd suggest reading it before your next "date."

I'll have to see if it's published.  If the two of them individually bowl me over, I can imagine what the two of them together came up with.

But can she sing??

I've heard her sing on Letterman a few times.  She has a clear sweet voice.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2004, 06:06:08 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  It's waning, you know.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2004, 06:08:02 PM »

If you've read all of David Sedaris, you might like his protege David Rakoff (erstwhile collaborator of mine).  I think he's a collection of autobiographical humorous pieces out called Fraud.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2004, 06:09:01 PM »

The day has waned for anyone who hasn't noticed.  

It's waning hewe wight now.  And wightning and thundewing.  

Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 06:09:39 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2004, 06:11:36 PM »

Dan-the-Man: THE BOOK OF LIZ is published by either Dramatist Publishing or Samuel French...I can't remember. It's available at Amazon.com. The reader reviews were mixed...they said it's more Amy and less David, but I love them both, so who cares, right??

Anyone else watching the final episode of WB SUPERSTAR? It's just cruel, and yet--I can't pull myself away from it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up