Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAVY LIFTING  (Read 21738 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:HEAVY LIFTING
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2004, 06:40:24 PM »

Dan-the-Man: THE BOOK OF LIZ is published by either Dramatist Publishing or Samuel French...I can't remember. It's available at Amazon.com. The reader reviews were mixed...they said it's more Amy and less David, but I love them both, so who cares, right??

Thank you, kind sir!  I've added it to my shopping cart.

Tonight I attempted to watch Young Dr. Killdare on TCM but I couldn't get into it.  I'm in a quirky ADD-type mood and the movie just seemed too much of a parody of itself.  Switched over to Everybody Loves Raymond instead.  

There's another one of those American Film Institute Top 100 specials on next week.  This year's is the top 100 movie songs.  Shall we all list our picks for the top 10?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2004, 06:43:19 PM »

Everybody Wang-Chung Tonight!  It's the Page 6 Dance!

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2004, 06:49:59 PM »

I hope Randy Newman has a few songs that make that list Dan.
Love the Photo - Wang-Chung
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2004, 07:08:35 PM »

The story he tells in ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY about the towels and the mystery wiper just makes me howl with laughter.

Thank you.  It was driving me crazy trying to remember who he is.  I loved the book.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2004, 07:13:12 PM »

I won't lie--I hate dressing up. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I'd rather die than to have to wear kakhi pants and button-down shirts? Forget it! I haven't worn a tie in four years and I can't remember the last time I wore real "slacks." Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go shopping for those things sometime this week because I have to look good for the concert I'm singing in Chicago with DR MusicGuy. That means new shoes, new pants, new shirt and a possibly a tie...I'm not sure about the tie yet. And a haircut.
Don't forget fresh underpants.  If you were run over by a car or a bus, it would be terrible if they took you to the hospital and found you were wearing nasty underpants.

That's what my mother always believed, at least.  
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2004, 07:25:01 PM »

This is the ever-loverly Ms. Amy Sedaris. It's easy to see why Dan (the Man) is pretend dating her.

Jason

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2004, 07:26:40 PM »

But this is why he is really pretend dating her...

Jason

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2004, 07:28:30 PM »

But this is why I want to pretend date her.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2004, 07:55:11 PM »

Okay, I've only played Book Worm a few times, but this is the biggest word (in number of letters and score) that I've ever gotten.  I hope the picture isn't too big:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2004, 07:56:02 PM »

Here's where the actual word was found:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2004, 07:56:18 PM »

Just had to share!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2004, 07:57:02 PM »

Panni, a big LOL but I hate to break it to you, but I have recently met a number of young Coco’s.

I hate to leave all the fun-goodnight.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2004, 08:01:27 PM »

Darn.  I wanted to post my own photo tribute to Amy, but the first picture was too Cinerama-provoking.  I resampled it to make it smaller and it still posted large.  Ah, well... (A Little Night Music reference.)
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2004, 08:03:36 PM »

Post them anyway, Dan!!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2004, 08:05:43 PM »

Once in love with Amy...

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2004, 08:06:14 PM »

Always in love with Amy...

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2004, 08:06:45 PM »

Ever and ever...

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2004, 08:07:16 PM »

Sweetly you'll romance her...

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2004, 08:07:47 PM »

Trouble is the answer will be...

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2004, 08:08:27 PM »

That Amy'd rather stay in love with me

(or so I can pretend...)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 08:09:05 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2004, 08:11:16 PM »

Good evening!

Well, before my laptop freezes up again...

Watching Food TV's new series tonight, "The Secret Life of...".  Tonight's episode was "...Chocolate".  It's sort of like "Follow That Food", but Jim O'Connor is a far less annoying host than Gordon Elliott - and he's a lot better looking too. ;)  And they had him in a bathrobe too!

-Did you know that chocolate syrup, Bosco, in fact, was used for the blood in the movie PSCYHO?  And that it was used as recently in the movie RAGING BULL? Interesting tidbit, huh?

In other news...

Not much to report today.  No more real cleaning for me today.  I ended up taking a two-hour nap before dinner, but I woke up feeling much better.  And my grouchiness had passed too.  I then headed out for a walk down to the grocery store for some supplies - well, mainly "treats" - and some dinner - a nice slice of pizza.

And now I'm here a-typing...

Laters...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 08:14:31 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2004, 08:16:22 PM »

I have no response to that.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2004, 08:24:27 PM »

I had read that a couple of weeks ago about Alexis Arquette, and I was kind of bummed about it. He did an independent feature called I THINK I DO playing a gay man, and he was thoroughly charming in the film. No cross dressing to the perforamance at all, and he had the ever-luscious Tuc Watkins as his lover. What more could a man want?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2004, 08:49:46 PM »

I must wussburger tonight, as I have to be up at six-thirty tomorrow to get to work on time.

Think of it as getting up at three-thirty in the morning, West Coast time.  See what I mean?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2004, 08:55:19 PM »

I had read that a couple of weeks ago about Alexis Arquette, and I was kind of bummed about it. He did an independent feature called I THINK I DO playing a gay man, and he was thoroughly charming in the film. No cross dressing to the perforamance at all, and he had the ever-luscious Tuc Watkins as his lover. What more could a man want?

Evidently, less.

DR George got me in the mood for some Bookworm.  It let me enter "WHEATEN" but not "SH*THEAD".  Go figure...
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2004, 09:00:17 PM »

Before I forget: DR Panni: I just ran across a reference to Reiki (sp?) massage.  Your ex wanted to do this to...your dog?

Somehow, I think I'd automatically say "NO" to anyone who wanted to massage my doggie.  I don't care WHAT the motivation is, I'd Just Say No!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2004, 09:25:53 PM »

Don't forget fresh underpants.  If you were run over by a car or a bus, it would be terrible if they took you to the hospital and found you were wearing nasty underpants.
That's what my mother always believed, at least.  
And she was right. Last summer in Boulder I was taking the Wonderdog to an event at the Humane Society. I was running late, so I just threw on a T-shirt with nothing underneath it and a pair of old torn (but clean) cotton panties under my jeans. At the event the Wonderdog accidentally pulled me so hard that I fell and hit the pavement hard. I got up fine, but five minutes later suddenly passed out. (The only time in my life.) The point of this story is that I found myself in an ambulance with no top underwear and ridiculous torn (but clean) panties. The young paramedic was amused at my embarrassment. He said he'd seen LOT worse.
The moral of this tale is - Always listen to Mama. (It's my mother's birthday today. She would have been 87.)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2004, 09:28:13 PM »

Before I forget: DR Panni: I just ran across a reference to Reiki (sp?) massage.  Your ex wanted to do this to...your dog?

Better than to me.

Jason

« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2004, 09:57:17 PM »

Back from the gym. Totals for the evening: Minutes on the Elliptical: 46; Miles run: 4.2; Calories burned: 610.

Dan (the Man): Great Amy tribute. I'm sure she'd be so flattered...and then again, she might think we're freaks. Send her my pretend love next time you "see" her.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2004, 09:58:50 PM »

I feel guily about overloading this page with multitudes of Amy (a Company reference), so I'll help push us off towards the next page.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up