Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NAUSEOUS NOTES  (Read 51214 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE NAUSEOUS NOTES
« Reply #390 on: September 19, 2007, 05:34:42 PM »

I concluded my afternoon with today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The gay storyline was rpominent today. At one point it looked like the final break-up between luke and Noah. Then on the previews, it seemed like all wasn't exactly over between them. Very soap opera-ish!

That was my thought also. I have been following it and seems to be decently written. Thank god the writer from PASSIONS has not touched this story.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #391 on: September 19, 2007, 05:36:36 PM »

Safe journey vibes to all those traveling to the NYC to see THE BRAIN!!!

VIBES to the cast and crew...

Love the music for it and I feel it will be a HUGE success!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #392 on: September 19, 2007, 05:37:24 PM »

OK.  Tomorrow is going to be a BIG DAY for bk and the company of The Brain.

bk, wishing you ***RESTFUL SLEEP VIBES*** for tonight, ***LAUGHTER AND PATIENCE VIBES*** for the tension and panic and drudgery of tomorrow's Tech/Dress, and ***MERDE*** for tomorrow's NYC premiere.

:)

singdaw

« Reply #393 on: September 19, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »

Is DR elmore3003 having a birthday today?   ;)

I thought I saw a marquee somewhere...

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #394 on: September 19, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »

I vote for being a klutz.  BUT, I do have a high pain tolerance level, so I could have stoved that toe eons ago and am just now feeling the pain.   ;)

;D

I envy your high pain tolerance, mine is very low.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #395 on: September 19, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »

Yes, it was elmore's Brainchild to insert the Oz quote - I love that sort of thing, so I was delighted when I heard it.  All our stuff is now in the theater.  Of course, we can't have a day without drama, so our wireless mic, which NYMF agreed to let us have and which was part of a rather large enhancement package we all paid for, was delivered (apparently), but - wait for it - no one can FIND IT.  So, they're saying it will cost me $250 to get one, and I've told them in no uncertain terms to have the mic there tomorrow at a cost of $0 or I will cause them more misery than they can possibly imagine.  We went right to the head of the organization, who promised he'd deal with it first thing in the morning.  The ineptitude is the worst I've ever seen.  Deliveries made with no one from NYMF to accept them, so stuff gets lost or sent to the wrong venue, it just never stops.  I will say this - darling Noel and darling FJL opening the second week, will get the benefit of the crap that we early openers have to deal with.  By the time they go up, all of us will have sorted out all of it.  Much better to open later - let the early guys all have the pain and suffering. :)

VIBES that things get sorted out to the benefit of bk and company!

Kick in the head to the idiots....

Jane

« Reply #396 on: September 19, 2007, 05:42:30 PM »

Thanks Jane. Ok, so I've limited her access on the computer, backed up the computer drives and keep all the checks in a locked drawer, but I trust her...

;D  It is called being smart since you have the option to lock everything up, why not.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #397 on: September 19, 2007, 05:42:33 PM »

Good Evening!

WHEW!  No more CINEMASCOPE!

-And it better not make a return appearance, DR Ron Pulliam.  <SNARK>
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #398 on: September 19, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »

Vibes to Cillaliz....

singdaw

« Reply #399 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:05 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #400 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:05 PM »

Gee, I guess not, although I know he didn't HAVE a cell phone when I first met him and didn't have one for years thereafter, nor a computer.  Now he has both.

I really don't know if he has one or not, but I would guess he does and  only those in what Gilbert & Sullivan call "the inner brotherhood" have access to it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #401 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »

Question:

I was looking on Amazon last night and noted that Dark Victory (1939) was on video and it stated it is remastered. Is anyone familiar with the quality of that pressing?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #402 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:24 PM »

Rehearsal went well.  We basically ran the second act of Mary Poppins... Twice.

WHEW!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #403 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:39 PM »

Re: Doctor Who

I have been doing that also by revisiting some classic eppies. I would love to get a copy of the FOX movie that was done some years ago. Granted it was not great but it would be a nice addition to my collection. I have some of each doctor and the new series.
From what I understand, the Fox movie is simply not available here in the United States.  It has been released in England, as Doctor Who - The Movie, but there are licencing problems on this side of the pond.  Your best bet would be to order it from England, and while you're at it order yourself a British-compatable DVD player.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #404 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »

Thanks for the link, DR 3D!

No prob!
And the bearded gentleman is Stephen Sondheim...which I suppose at least two people here knew...  (I myself wouldn't recognize him if I saw him, even if he weren't a caricature.)

So there's some more serendipity!
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

singdaw

« Reply #405 on: September 19, 2007, 05:46:13 PM »

I really don't know if he has one or not, but I would guess he does

And what tune would it play, I wonder...?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #406 on: September 19, 2007, 05:46:53 PM »

Vixter would enjoy a musical that is being presented at one of the local highschools if she lived here. Moorhead HS is doing HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL.

They had over 300 kids come out for auditions.

Jane

« Reply #407 on: September 19, 2007, 05:46:56 PM »

Cilla, I should have continued reading.  I see you decided a severance check is better.  I thought you might still need her in the office while you are gone.

I hope you get this settled so you can relax in NY.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #408 on: September 19, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »

OK.  Tomorrow is going to be a BIG DAY for bk and the company of The Brain.

bk, wishing you ***RESTFUL SLEEP VIBES*** for tonight, ***LAUGHTER AND PATIENCE VIBES*** for the tension and panic and drudgery of tomorrow's Tech/Dress, and ***MERDE*** for tomorrow's NYC premiere.

:)

Ditto!  Ditto!!  and DITTO!!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #409 on: September 19, 2007, 05:49:09 PM »

Re: Doctor WhoFrom what I understand, the Fox movie is simply not available here in the United States.  It has been released in England, as Doctor Who - The Movie, but there are licencing problems on this side of the pond.  Your best bet would be to order it from England, and while you're at it order yourself a British-compatable DVD player.

I have a funny feeling I may have to break down and buy one...

singdaw

« Reply #410 on: September 19, 2007, 05:50:58 PM »

DR George, when do you hear about casting for the musical?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #411 on: September 19, 2007, 05:53:27 PM »

As for "Who is Eldar?"  Well...

If you have to ask....  <SNARK>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #412 on: September 19, 2007, 05:54:10 PM »

Oohh... "America's Next Top Model" starts tonight too.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #413 on: September 19, 2007, 05:54:22 PM »

Der B and I have just agreed that tonight is "scrounge the refrigerator" night.

Whee!  No cooking!  A day off on my day off!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #414 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55:07 PM »

DR George, when do you hear about casting for the musical?

Oh!  I forgot...I got a call this morning and I'm in!  I'm a "zombie" (meaning "chorus"), but HOPEFULLY they'll also have some little lines here and there...maybe the Doctor that I read on Sunday night. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #415 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55:28 PM »

Cilla, I should have continued reading.  I see you decided a severance check is better.  I thought you might still need her in the office while you are gone.

I hope you get this settled so you can relax in NY.

I will have a blast in New York, no matter what the situation at the office.  It really isn't that big a deal to close the office for a couple days.

I thought about how I would feel going to work where I knew I had been fired.  Hello, you think I'm going to actually do work for you....guess again.  It was pretty uncomfortable by the end of the day. So, it's better to just end it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #416 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55:41 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Good to hear that things at your office went well today.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #417 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »

The first read-through is Sunday.

singdaw

« Reply #418 on: September 19, 2007, 05:56:18 PM »

That's great, DR George!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!

td

• td
« Reply #419 on: September 19, 2007, 05:56:37 PM »

As for "Who is Eldar?"  Well...

If you have to ask....  <SNARK>

I didn't have to ask. . .I'm enjoying the two cds which I have, and am looking forward to purchasing the third.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up