Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A CLEAVER IN THE FACE  (Read 9880 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: A CLEAVER IN THE FACE
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »

Having had a cat with serious food problems it does concern me some.  She is fine though & it only happens occasionally.  It helps not to change the flavor of the food two often either.  When we buy her canned food Craig says no more than two flavors instead of a wide assortment.

This is reminding me, DR Laura how is Joshie?

Danise

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:53 PM »

Thank you all for the good thoughts.   There is a part of me that feels bad that I'm taking joy in some else's troubles.  I know he's a bad guy but still it isn't right.  I'm so glad his children are all grown up.   It would be harder if they were not.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »

It is time to release Kitty.  Sometimes she is content to relax on the warm floor and stay in longer.

Danise

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »

Glad to see DR TCB posting.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2011, 06:35:57 PM »

Boo pukes fairly often.  She ate the new food like there was tomorrow, went downstairs and puked.  I don't know why.  The vet said cats are built to puke.  It is what it is

Danise

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2011, 06:36:45 PM »

Vibes to DR Matthew during this time.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »

I'm sorry Kitty has problems.  If putting her in the bathroom for a little while helps, that's not bad.  Have you tried smaller amounts more often?

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2011, 06:38:34 PM »

DR TCB hope you're coming back this evening.  I missed you and your posts

Danise

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2011, 06:43:52 PM »

I'm a bit worried about Sheena and Toby.  Poor Toby is looking so beat up but I think it's because they play so rough.  They seem to love one another.

I gave them a bath today and Toby kept licking Sheena to try to help her dry off.  They lay together, clear each others ears, play but sometimes they do have a knock down drag out and I break that up at once.  I don't know what happens when I'm not home.

I don't know what to think. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2011, 06:51:03 PM »

DR Danise, maybe Jane has some suggestions.  I'm pretty much a cat person

Jane

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »

Boo pukes fairly often.  She ate the new food like there was tomorrow, went downstairs and puked.  I don't know why.  The vet said cats are built to puke.  It is what it is

Yup, as long as they don't do it consistently and don't lose weight it is more annoying than anything. :)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2011, 06:55:58 PM »

I went in and picked up Kitty's food dish.  Since she had a good amount of her dinner stuck to the sides of the dish I was going to stir it and put it back down.  Instead I dropped it and it shattered all over.  I am very sad now as this wasn't just any food dish, it was very special.  It was a pretty little ceramic dish with cute kittens on the inside.  This was Bogie, Bacall, Bosco & Knudson's water dish.  It gave me great pleasure to use it again.  I know it is silly to be sad about the loss of a dish but is was part of them & I don't have anything else of theirs that was special.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »

I'm sorry Kitty has problems.  If putting her in the bathroom for a little while helps, that's not bad.  Have you tried smaller amounts more often?

She is a very small cat & doesn't eat much to begin with.  I didn't give her more to make up for what she left.  She also has dry food, which isn't a problem, on the floor.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »

I'm a bit worried about Sheena and Toby.  Poor Toby is looking so beat up but I think it's because they play so rough.  They seem to love one another.

I gave them a bath today and Toby kept licking Sheena to try to help her dry off.  They lay together, clear each others ears, play but sometimes they do have a knock down drag out and I break that up at once.  I don't know what happens when I'm not home.

Hmm, licking her all over?  That is odd.  I know licking can be a sign of dominance, or is it the other way around-will have to look it up.  Are you sure you got all the soap out?  Maybe Toby likes the taste ;)

Danise

« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2011, 07:12:27 PM »

I went in and picked up Kitty's food dish.  Since she had a good amount of her dinner stuck to the sides of the dish I was going to stir it and put it back down.  Instead I dropped it and it shattered all over.  I am very sad now as this wasn't just any food dish, it was very special.  It was a pretty little ceramic dish with cute kittens on the inside.  This was Bogie, Bacall, Bosco & Knudson's water dish.  It gave me great pleasure to use it again.  I know it is silly to be sad about the loss of a dish but is was part of them & I don't have anything else of theirs that was special.
  Ahh I'm so sorry about that Jane.  I know how it feels.  When I was moving Mom's china into the house I set the box down to hard and heard something shatter.  It was a saucer.  I remember thinking that Mom was going to be very angry that I broke it.  Then I remembered she was gone.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2011, 07:13:45 PM »

Hmm, licking her all over?  That is odd.  I know licking can be a sign of dominance, or is it the other way around-will have to look it up.  Are you sure you got all the soap out?  Maybe Toby likes the taste ;)
It's flea soap so I don't think it would taste good.  Both are laying on the couch right now.  I guess it's just a dog thing.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Laura

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2011, 07:18:31 PM »

Danise, don't you feel the slightest bit guilty about Turner. He didn't feel guilty ripping you off.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »

I understand about the dish too, Jane. I broke one that my friend bought for me when we were out shopping together. She died of cancer, and it was just a lovely reminder of a time we had when she was feeling good.

Danise

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »

Danise, don't you feel the slightest bit guilty about Turner. He didn't feel guilty ripping you off.
  I know. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »

I understand about the dish too, Jane. I broke one that my friend bought for me when we were out shopping together. She died of cancer, and it was just a lovely reminder of a time we had when she was feeling good.

Your best friend? :(

Laura

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »

Yes.

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »

Hmmm, a few hours ago I went to the other room to eat dinner with Richard while we watched the exciting finish to the Butler/Florida basketball game.  Afterward, I was doing a crossword puzzle and fell asleep in my chair.  Sorry I missed DRs Danise and TCB while I was gone.

Tomorrow's a Lima day and 5:30 will come awfully early, so - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »

Danise licking is a sign of a submissive dog.  Usually it is under the chin.  Keith said the same thing, maybe she tastes good. ;D  If you are using flea soap I hope you are getting it all off.  As long as they are happy and not fighting I wouldn't worry.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2011, 07:37:30 PM »

I'm watching UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, with Kathy Bates who's really wonderful and Rupert Everett. It's a comedy-murder mystery sorta, and I think it's quite charming and off-kiltre. The cast is interesting, with Julie Andrews playing herself, Lyn Redgrave as the evil sister of the late singing star played by Jonathan Pryce whose funeral is a great moment. DR Jose's close personal friend Jack Noseworthy plays the son of Kathy Bates and Dan Ackroyd. There's a lovely scene for Bates and Everett in a British pub, underscored by "Can't Help Falling In Love with You," a song  written by my late friend George David Weiss.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:23 PM »

Jane, Joshie seems to be doing well. They were pleased that his gums look better on the last visit. He is currently purring loudly on my lap and patting my face.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »

Watching a motion picture and still very tired.  I don't think I have a second wind this evening.

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »

Ahhh, I'm sorry Jane.   I have a water dish that was Petey's  I may have used it for Nilla and Callie for a little while, but it's packed away.  I just can't seem to use it for any other cats.

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2011, 07:56:25 PM »

Jane, Joshie seems to be doing well. They were pleased that his gums look better on the last visit. He is currently purring loudly on my lap and patting my face.

Great news DR Laura!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2011, 07:57:11 PM »

TCB - come back and help me post....

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »

I mean seriously we're still on page 4 without you
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up