Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: ANIMAL FRIES  (Read 37275 times)

FJL

Re:ANIMAL FRIES
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »

And one for Mommy

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2007, 09:19:02 AM »

Speaking of Noel, he seems to have left the room, eh?  

His work is done.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2007, 09:26:04 AM »

His work is done.

So...it wasn't about wanting to be with/one of "us"....it was all about "him" and his show?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2007, 09:32:32 AM »

RE: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS RESULTS

SPOILERS

I was not really surprised with the elimination. And i actually found myself happy that jennie and jane were safe.  I know the judges were outraged. BUt if they think things are unfair they only have themselves and the show to blame.  Since they changed the voting, it is purely based on the fans votes.  Sabrina 1. was not as good monday night. 2. she had a completely unknown partner.  3. she was not very well known.

I think the weeks when the judges said she was the best that kept her safe. But because she did not do as good this week, not as many people voted for her.  It's a shame since she was very good.  But they made the rules. I'm just glad helio was safe!

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »

The weirdest thing just happened.

I wrote a post. I pressed post. But nothing happened. So i hit the post button again. Nothing happened. I hit it again. Then when i looked it posted 3 times!  That's never happened before.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:39:28 AM by Jennifer »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2007, 09:39:28 AM »

The first was so nice, she said it twice, then thrice.

And now she's got it....by George, she's got it!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:40:17 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2007, 09:40:40 AM »

Animal Crackers in My Soup !

First off, a g'day & happy Halloween to all those celebrating (not really my thing). Hope all are doing well.

In the "gee, you never know where inspiration will strike" department: thank you, DR ArnoldMBrockman for posting that song title... I have a CD of assorted movie musical songs in Hebrew, and could never place the one entitled "yesh ba'marak sheli chayot" (literally: "there are wild animals in my soup"), and thanks to you and a quick google/youtube search, I have one less mystery in my life.

I really should try posting the translated titles of the songs here someday, and see how many of the originals y'all can guess.

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2007, 09:41:38 AM »

BTW for those AMAZING RACE fans. there was a very interesting commercial on last night (it starts this sunday at 8pm).

It said there are NO non-elimination rounds.  IF this is true. Very interesting development.

Jennifer

« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2007, 09:43:23 AM »

Glad i'm amusing you! :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2007, 09:44:44 AM »

Happy Halloween one and all!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2007, 09:46:36 AM »

Today we are having our annual Halloween BBQ Cookout (without one whit of BBQ sauce)....it's all hot dogs and burgers (meat and veggie/soy) and brats.  Sigh.

I made 10 lbs. of potato salad over the past two e'ens.  I prepped the potatoes Monday e'en, and I finalized last e'en with the dressing (mayo, mustard, chopped olives, onions).  I sprinkled smoked paprika over the tops of the two huge bowls in which the potato salad now rests.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:47:03 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2007, 09:47:33 AM »

The night students and I are dressing up but I have to dress before I go to work...

I am combinng a couple of styles from the 1980s: ValleyGirl and Prairie dress...

and yes... BIG HAIR... I ahve been working on it over an hour!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2007, 09:48:11 AM »

DR JRand:   PWOJECT WUNWAY will start its new season on November 14th, on Bravo!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2007, 09:49:34 AM »

Or should I have written "BWAVO"?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:11 AM »

I gotta tell you.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:14 AM »

I wil lhave someone take a picture of my garb a wee bit later....

yes, I still need to do touch up on teh hair but I need to dress first...

I even have vintage 1980s Jewelry and I have not even started putting on my face yet!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:28 AM »

I've already answered about thirty e-mails this morning.

FJL

« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »

Some of my favorite LP's were the Hebrew versions of various musicals,  Can you figure out the musicals and the songs that were translated?  :)

Ma ich-pat im ay-sek le-cha im Fagin
Tov lich-yot po
Me-luch-lach be-af-al-pi-chen gan Ay-den
Tov lich-yot po

Kain, kain, ha-lo Do-li
Kain, ha-lo Do-li
Tov she-bat le-caan ke-dai lo-mar shalom
Zeh me-tsu-yan Do-li
She- at caan Do-li

Hain rak be-rega zeh
Ya-da-ti ma-hu shmaich
U-kvar rag-lai o-ti nas-oo ya-shar el me-ko-maich...
Ha-nir-kod (chad, shtayim, shalosh v')
Al can-fay ha-olam ha-nif-la-ot (chad, shtayim, shalosh v')
Ha-nirkod
Ve -no-mar lai-la tov le-hit-ra-ot

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:51:57 AM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2007, 09:51:14 AM »

We're maniacally trying to gather all the silent auction items together.  I forgot we're going to have an original Ugly Betty costume sketch, too.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2007, 09:51:14 AM »

Too bad I dont have parachute pants or jelly shoes!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2007, 09:51:54 AM »

Good luck bk!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2007, 09:52:20 AM »

Holy Crow!!

I need to scram!

Laters fellow HHWers!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »

The speed with which BK churns out novels prompts me to post this:

Amazon is offering $25,000 for the next great novel that eventually will be published on the company’s Web site. The Amazon breakthrough novel award is open to entrants in more than 20 countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and Japan. The contest is likely open to nations where Amazon is particularly popular.

Authors with an unpublished English-language novel manuscript can learn about the contest and submit their work for consideration online at a place entitled createspace which is designed to be a place for self publishing in the future. Sponsors include the Penguin Group and Hewlett-Packard.

The contest will be conducted over a six-month period, during which Amazon customers will have the opportunity to read, write about and rate their favorites.

Submissions will be reviewed first by Amazon.com Top Reviewers — individuals recognized for the quality and frequency of their comments on Amazon.com.

At subsequent stages, reviewers from Publishers Weekly, editors from Penguin Group (USA) and a panel of seasoned publishing professionals — a critic, agent, publisher and author — will help narrow and review the field of entries.

In the final month, 10 finalists will be selected, and Amazon.com customers will then vote to choose the grand prize winner. The winner will be announced on April 7, 2008, and will receive a publishing contract with Penguin, which includes a $25,000 advance.
PennyO

td

• td
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2007, 10:07:43 AM »

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »

Well, heck, seems i just missed him...
PennyO

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2007, 10:09:18 AM »

Some of my favorite LP's were the Hebrew versions of various musicals,  Can you figure out the musicals and the songs that were translated?  :)

Ma ich-pat im ay-sek le-cha im Fagin
Tov lich-yot po
Me-luch-lach be-af-al-pi-chen gan Ay-den
Tov lich-yot po

Kain, kain, ha-lo Do-li
Kain, ha-lo Do-li
Tov she-bat le-caan ke-dai lo-mar shalom
Zeh me-tsu-yan Do-li
She- at caan Do-li

Hain rak be-rega zeh
Ya-da-ti ma-hu shmaich
U-kvar rag-lai o-ti nas-oo ya-shar el me-ko-maich...
Ha-nir-kod (chad, shtayim, shalosh v')
Al can-fay ha-olam ha-nif-la-ot (chad, shtayim, shalosh v')
Ha-nirkod
Ve -no-mar lai-la tov le-hit-ra-ot

1) Oliver, obviously (I don't know that score so well in English, so I'm not immediately sure of the song)
2) Hello Dolly, equally obviously :)
3) "Shall We Dance?" from the King & I

Nifty! I have the last one but never heard either of the other two. I knew that there was a Hebrew "Oliver" (I have a recording of "targish atzmecha" ["Consider Yourself"] on a CD somewhere), but never knew about "Dolly."

Someday, when I need to convince people that I'm ready for the loony bin, I'll write up my 10-page analysis of the differences between the original and revivial Israeli casts of "My Fair Lady" (of all the shows to have TWO Israeli cast recordings...)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:10:23 AM by Elan »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2007, 10:16:05 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I had some busy-work to take care of, so... I took care of it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »

That means you need to continue on those machines until you OWN them.  One always dislikes the things that are best for him.

Well... These particular machines seem to be built for people with long(er) legs.  I've noticed other people on them over the past couple of weeks having to sit a little more forward on the seat in order to get in the optimal position.  Well, when I tried adjusting my position today...  Well, it's a bicycle-style seat, so... Ouch!   And the seat position is not adjustable.  Again, it's mainly the adductor set-up.  I'll check with one of the trainers there next time to see if there's some trick to getting into the machine properly.  Otherwise, I have some other options to work that set of muscles.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2007, 10:21:22 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - So, you were making both your chicken soup and all the potato salad over the past few days?  That's some quality time in the kitchen.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2007, 10:22:14 AM »

OK... Time for me to practice...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up