Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: THERE ARE EIGHT MILLION STORIES IN THE NAKED CITY  (Read 68329 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THERE ARE EIGHT MILLION STORIES IN THE NAKED CITY
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2007, 05:41:43 PM »

Hope Chest--I've seen all of her movies!

How did SHE get in the movies?  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »

Page Thirteen Hope Chest Dance.   :o

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2007, 05:56:13 PM »

Hi, I’m here, for how long I have no idea.  One of us has to watch Sherlock at all times to make sure he doesn’t scratch or bite, not just his incisions but the very sensitive shaved areas of skin.

Thank you all for the good wishes and vibes.  I’m sure they helped.  How he ended up with two major problems is beyond us. So much for doing our homework before choosing a breeder, of course the three pups she kept are just fine.  Sometimes these things happen & Sherlock is lucky is parents are extremely pro-active.  I don’t know what would have happened if I hadn’t insisted surgery time be saved for him.

The only good thing, so far, to come out of the elbow dysplasia is we caught the shoulder problem before any damage was done.  The doctor described compared the situation to having blisters about to pop, so he popped them and removed the cartilage (I have it in a tube).  The shoulders were an easy fix & the problem shouldn’t return, and there won’t be any future arthritis as a result of the Osteochondritis.

Jane

« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2007, 05:58:11 PM »

George do you also have a new avatar or have I been away too long?

Ginny, you are looking very nice. :)

Cilla-Wow!  You look all grown up now.  Did you also loose weight?

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2007, 05:58:23 PM »

Hello, hello all!

Just got back from the beach with a good friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while.  It was really nice out there -- until the clouds started moving in and a cooler breeze kicked up.  Still, I got in a much-needed nap and had a good time catching up with Gaber.

Still no word from "The Full Monty"...I'll give 'em a call tomorrow just to follow up.  I just wish they would've let me know either way, instead of this waiting.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »

nice radio show!!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2007, 06:02:30 PM »

nice radio show!!

Yeah, from the very beginning, you can tell it's going to be wild...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2007, 06:03:10 PM »

* * * * *  VIBES OF ALL KINDS FOR DR JANE, KEITH AND SHERLOCK  * * * * *

Jane, you and Keith are a pair of saints.  Sherlock is a lucky pup to have you two as parents!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2007, 06:07:26 PM »

Unless you/he have/has an agent, there is usually no "courtesy" call.  No news is no job.

However, since they told DR Cason that it was down to him and someone else, and that they would need an extra day...

Well, I guess that says it all.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #369 on: March 25, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »

Hello, hello all!

Just got back from the beach with a good friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while.  It was really nice out there -- until the clouds started moving in and a cooler breeze kicked up.  Still, I got in a much-needed nap and had a good time catching up with Gaber.

You got caught up with a gaybar?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »

You got caught up with a gaybar?

Yuk yuk yuk -- you so funny (to steal my mom's line).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #371 on: March 25, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »

DR CASON here are some interviews with the actors who are doing a production of THE FULL MONTY here in Indy.  I know a couple of them, but don't think I will see the show.  Time will tell.   8)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007703230365

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #372 on: March 25, 2007, 06:21:11 PM »

Grease is creaking its way through the last hour....TAR is delayed....

And if truth be told....shouldn't Austin be called Homewrecker Danny?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #373 on: March 25, 2007, 06:25:08 PM »

Yuk yuk yuk -- you so funny (to steal my mom's line).

So, can you tell us about the callback.  Did you have to strip?  What character were you up for?  Do you know who the other guy was? .........  We want details, man, details!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #374 on: March 25, 2007, 06:27:29 PM »

Cilla-Wow!  You look all grown up now.  Did you also loose weight?

LOL Jane, No I haven't lost weight, it was just the way I held the camera and very careful cropping to create the optical illusion.  

Jane

« Reply #375 on: March 25, 2007, 06:27:41 PM »

With butterflies in our stomachs Thursday morning we met the doctor who began a very thorough, and at times painful, examination of Sherlock.  He was such a good boy, as always.   We expected to see pain in his shoulders, not his elbows.  The more the doctor examined Sherlock’s elbows the more serious his expression became.  After the exam he looked at the x-rays for the first time.  He found the problem with the shoulders & continued to say this isn’t why he is limping.  Then the doctor pointed to obvious bi-lateral problems with the elbows the radiologist should have seen and proceeded  to explain the seriousness of this and, depending on the amount of damage, the worst case scenario would eventually be a completely crippled dog.

Sherlock has incongruent bone growth in his two front legs which potentially effects his elbows, so elbow dysplsia.  The bones may catch up with each other-the miracle we are praying for-but not likely.  Displasia ultimately causes arthritis which can be crippling, or not too bad.  Initially the doctor wanted to put pins in the shorter bones to even them out, until he did the Cat Scan.  Now that is impossible until he stops growing (Keith & I were both relieved).  Instead he did arthroscopic surgery, as he did on the shoulders, removing cartilage fragments from the right leg.  So far there isn’t any damage.  

We will return in two months to reassess.  If surgery is required it will be a nightmare, one elbow at a time.  Recovery for each surgery will require 8 weeks of confinement in a pen. Of course he would have to be tranquilized the entire time.   Since there hasn’t been any damage so far, and if we can keep it to a minimal, we are hoping to avoid those surgeries even if the bones don’t readjust as he grows.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:35:25 PM by Jane »

Cillaliz

« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »

Many Vibes to Jane Keith and Sherlock~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2007, 06:34:46 PM »

Jane, vibes to you, to Keith, and to poor Sherlock.  How do you make a puppy understand why he has to go through all of this?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2007, 06:36:07 PM »

As you can imagine I shed a good number of tears after we left the doctor’s office.  At least he let us take Sherlock to the hotel with us for the night and return him early the next day.

First there was the CT, once out of that we rushed over to discuss the results with the doctor where we received better news than the x-rays showed.  Then they shaved the heck out of Sherlock and did the arthroscopic surgery on both shoulders & elbows, and removed a growth on his ear.

In two weeks his stitches will be removed.  Before then we hope to return to the limited exercise he was having before surgery.  And pray after our next visit we will have better news.

That’s all for now-I’m exhausted.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #379 on: March 25, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »

~~~CONTINUED SUPER VIBES FOR SHERLOCK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #380 on: March 25, 2007, 06:43:19 PM »

George do you also have a new avatar or have I been away too long?

It is a new avatar...one of a bunch, here on HHW. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #381 on: March 25, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »

It is a new avatar...one of a bunch, here on HHW. ;)

DR George started a fad!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #382 on: March 25, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »

So, can you tell us about the callback.  Did you have to strip?  What character were you up for?  Do you know who the other guy was? .........  We want details, man, details!

Didn't have to strip -- sorry boys!

I was up for the character or Ethan -- basically, they had us come in and first sing the opening portion of "Let It Go," then we waited a while, came back in and read Ethan's first scene, then wait more -- then they had all of the guys auditioning for every role come in to dance.  They did a long combo from "Michael Jordan's Ball" -- very basketall-y which then jumps right into a bit of the "strip" from "Let It Go."  Once we all did that, they let everyone go except the Harolds, the Ethans, and the Malcoms.  Harolds just had to "cha-cha-cha" with the choreographer (that's what she said), then the other Ethan and I had to sing alone the duet portion of "You Walk With Me."

Miss Karen

« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2007, 07:11:26 PM »

Well, there you have it -- that's the problem -- boy, are they gonna realize their mistake when Other Ethan takes his hat off and they discover his third nipple, sixth toe, and saggy behind...

...their loss.... ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #384 on: March 25, 2007, 07:13:07 PM »

Ain't it the truth, DR MISS KAREN.

George

« Reply #385 on: March 25, 2007, 07:13:49 PM »

DR George started a fad!

Actually, I think I was the second to change my avatar.  I can't remember who changed first (FJL maybe?), but I think it was just time for me to change it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #386 on: March 25, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »

GREASE is over....now all I can hope for is an early demise of the bone-headed revival...

St Genesius PLEASE pull the plug on this outrage.

Miss Karen

« Reply #387 on: March 25, 2007, 07:14:23 PM »

The HHW Literary and cooking Hour!

Bet that show would be a hoot with these HHWers as the hosts...

George

« Reply #388 on: March 25, 2007, 07:14:42 PM »

I was up for the character or Ethan -- basically, they had us come in and first sing the opening portion of "Let It Go," then we waited a while, came back in and read Ethan's first scene, then wait more -- then they had all of the guys auditioning for every role come in to dance.  They did a long combo from "Michael Jordan's Ball" -- very basketall-y which then jumps right into a bit of the "strip" from "Let It Go."  Once we all did that, they let everyone go except the Harolds, the Ethans, and the Malcoms.  Harolds just had to "cha-cha-cha" with the choreographer (that's what she said), then the other Ethan and I had to sing alone the duet portion of "You Walk With Me."

The Full Monty is a popular show!  A local group is doing the show here in Olympia in May.  I have a season ticket and it's in the front row! :D

;)

George

« Reply #389 on: March 25, 2007, 07:16:58 PM »

Well...I didn't move any of the boxes downstairs, like I'd planned. ::) Now, I need to go to a pet store to return a catnip bubble machine that doesn't work.  It's just stupid. :P But I still have the receipt. :) After that will be a trip to Subway (I have a coupon...always a good thing), then home in time for tonight's shows...including "G:YTOTIW!"

Until later.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Up