Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CLIMB EV'RY MOUNTAIN  (Read 20778 times)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
Re:CLIMB EV'RY MOUNTAIN
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2003, 01:27:05 PM »

Happy birthday Maya!!   ;D

That's really all I have to say. I'm spending the day on my futon eating candy and watching cartoons.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

William E. Lurie

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2003, 01:28:53 PM »

DR Panni brought up an interesting point... for those of you DRs who go to the opera, do you prefer to hear it sung in its original language or in English (or the native language of the country you are seeing it).

While I have always prefered it in the native language I often could not follow the plot.  Now thanks to supertitles it is much easier to follow what is going on.

Jason --- what do they call those devices at the Met on the back of the seats with the translations that they use instead of supertitles?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jason

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2003, 01:29:41 PM »

Ahh...candy and cartoons...they're good for the soul. But is candy good for a sick young lady such as yourself? What kind of candy is it? Do you have enough for the whole class? ;) And what cartoons are you watching, praytell...? Feel better, Sandra.

Andrea

« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2003, 01:31:39 PM »

Bonne Fete Maya

I will see you tomorrow!

I too am gearing up for the long bus ride-- I only sleep if I can cuddle up against someone on the bus-- guess I'll be making friends with my seat mate real quick. Hopefully, this time I'll be able to handle it. I got almost no sleep last night and I hope it pays off tonight. I've got the discman ready, along with three trashy novels. I actually haven't started packing yet-- but I kind of know what I'm bringing.

So everyone have a great new year's and we'll be sure to share pictures when we get back!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2003, 01:32:11 PM »

That would drive me totally insane knowing there was mail I was supposed to be getting and it was not arriving. Argh! Jason, you must be climbing the walls! When I order something (or when something is sent to me), I want it to arrive.

I say this, and I just remembered that DR Ron sent me a CD that never arrived! What's going on here? Is there a HHW conspiracy going on at the US Post Office?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2003, 01:42:02 PM »

MattH: You have no idea...I'm going nuts. This is the eleventh--yes, the ELEVENTH--package that has not arrived at my apartment. I just spoke with the mail delivery guy here at MTI and he suggested I go through with the investigation from the Postmaster General. He said they're very sneaky and they always get their man, assuming it is an internal problem. Of course, it may be someone in my building stealing mail, but I really don't think that it is... I'm not sure how involved the P.G.'s investigation will go--will they investigate my building's tenants to see if they're the culprits? I don't know. But it is driving me absolutely batty and I can't stand it anymore. My dad is sending me a package sometime this week and I told him to send it here to MTI. We'll see if that one arrives...

Diane

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2003, 01:42:21 PM »

DRWilliam: I hate seeing operas that have been translated in to english! Especially if it is a score that I know really well.

DRMatt: I agree! There is nothing worse then waiting for mail that  does'nt seem to be coming...well, actually, waiting by the phone for someone to call can be just as much torture....Not that I've done that lately or anything ;)
I LOVE A Piano....

Jed

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2003, 01:44:25 PM »

Hmmm... have I even been to 10 shows this year to create a full Top 10?  Let me think...

1) Urinetown (B-way)
2) Hairspray (B-way)
3) Gypsy (B-way)
4) Annie Get Your Gun (summer stock)
5) She Loves Me (Univ. of Washington)
6) On Golden Pond (local)
7) Pirates of Penzance (high school)
8) West Side Story (Cent. Wash. Univ.)
9) Oliver (summer stock)
10) Big River (local)
11) Guys & Dolls (high school)
12) Footloose (high school)

Well, guess I did see a decent amount this year.  Plus 3 productions I was in: A Christmas Carol, Grease, and Sound of Music.  I think a high school South Pacific is first up for my 2004 viewing.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 01:46:33 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2003, 01:46:38 PM »

Just had a nice sandwich, which is better than having a mean sandwich.  Anyone gonna be around for a live chat this evening - or should we postpone it?

Jed

« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2003, 01:50:28 PM »

I too am gearing up for the long bus ride-- I only sleep if I can cuddle up against someone on the bus-- guess I'll be making friends with my seat mate real quick.

Bus travel has never sounded so appealing.  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2003, 01:52:32 PM »

Still haven't started editing the final show.  Hopefully soon.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2003, 02:00:25 PM »

I'll be on the phone long distance and unable to type tonight if you chat. Possibly if the phone call isn't lengthy, I can participate if you decide to have a chat.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2003, 02:00:53 PM »

Hello fellow dear readers:
I'm here at my mother's  house. The plumbers are toiling away. The doors and windows are all open because they are soldering, so it is 55F in the house.

I'll have to think back on what my season tickets were this year so I can make my top-ten list.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jed

« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2003, 02:10:38 PM »

Jason - I say do! (oh, an Anyone Can Whistle reference)  Get going with a Postmaster General investigation.  You've got nothing to lose, and the snarky nozzle who's making off with your packages needs a bit of comeuppance!

Jed

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2003, 02:12:15 PM »

I've turned my heat up, yet I still feel chilly.  I'm also a bit stuffed up and have developed a bit of a cough.  I am not pleased, oh no, I am most definitely not pleased.

Jason

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2003, 02:22:28 PM »

DR Jed: Feel better. And yes, I am going to proceed with the investigation. It's gone on for far too long, and I have paid the price...oh, yes, Dear Readers, I have paid the price and the price was $17.95 plus tax. What the HELL am I talking about?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2003, 02:25:36 PM »

Thank you to the Dear Readers who sent me good thoughts, wishes and vibes.  I am married to an amazing, or simply crazy man.  Yesterday was the first day in fifteen years he went to bed sick.  After I posted he wants to shovel snow, he checked his temp again.  Since it came down some, out we went.  I had underestimated the depth of the snow.  In some places it was eighteen inches worth of wet heavy snow.  Good for making snowmen but the worst kind to shovel.  Every time I said “that’s it, I can’t shovel any more” we rested then continued on.  Even with Keith’s fever he shoveled twice as much as I did with far less complaining.  I think he even enjoyed having something to do.  We did the steepest 3/4th of the driveway.  Our only neighbors up our road found someone to plow the road.  They are currently cutting up trees that fell on the road, thereby making the road accessible for the snow plow.  Oh the joys of country living.  Maybe the person plowing can come finish our driveway for us when he is done with the road and our neighbor’s driveway.  Our neighbors who are higher up than we are have over two feet of snow.  Keith just came in the room.  He says he is shivering so bad he thinks he has malaria.  I guess crazy is the word, not amazing.  :)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2003, 02:26:26 PM »

Six solid days of rain predicted for Honolulu...yee haw.  I personally have no problem with rain, especially warm rain
and I will glady frolic in the ocean in the rain, provided that there is no lightning in the area.  The problem will be convincing
my buddy Tiana that 74 degrees is NOT too cold to go to the beach.  Maybe I can get her to just drop me off there.
She's such a wimp when it comes to weather.  A little rain, a few clouds, and she's camped out on the couch for days.
I just took a lovely two mile walk up one of the hills so I could see the view.  Incredible to see the ocean from more
than one side...at least, it is when one comes from Washington.  I got a little wet, but I see no problem with that.
Maya and co. - Have a fantabulous time in NY!  I'm jealous that I can't join you guys :-)
Maya - Happy Birthday, darling!  I hope it's filled with merriment and mirth and laughter and of course legs.
Jed - Stuffy?  Coughy?  That is unseemly.  Feel better soon, I say.  And by the way, can you believe the Seahawks made it??
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 02:32:28 PM by Ann »

Jed

« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2003, 02:33:47 PM »

The problem will be convincing my buddy Tiana that 74 degrees is NOT too cold to go to the beach.  Maybe I can get her to just drop me off there.  She's such a wimp when it comes to weather.  A little rain, a few clouds, and she's camped out on the couch for days.
And she now lives in Tacoma???  Yikes.

Maya and co. - Have a fantabulous time in NY!  I'm jealous that I can't join you guys :-)  I hope it's fill with merriment and mirth and laughter and of course legs.
Of course, if it is filled with legs, we want pictures. ;)

Jed - And by the way, can you believe the Seahawks made it??
I'm still smiling.  Only twice in the 15 years I've been rooting for them!  Ahh, the masochistic life of a Seattle sports fan. :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2003, 02:46:15 PM »

Hmmm... have I even been to 10 shows this year to create a full Top 10?  Let me think...

1) Urinetown (B-way)
2) Hairspray (B-way)
3) Gypsy (B-way)
4) Annie Get Your Gun (summer stock)
5) She Loves Me (Univ. of Washington)
6) On Golden Pond (local)
7) Pirates of Penzance (high school)
8) West Side Story (Cent. Wash. Univ.)
9) Oliver (summer stock)
10) Big River (local)
11) Guys & Dolls (high school)
12) Footloose (high school)

Well, guess I did see a decent amount this year.  Plus 3 productions I was in: A Christmas Carol, Grease, and Sound of Music.  I think a high school South Pacific is first up for my 2004 viewing.

You had me nervous, Jed, when I saw OLIVER on the list of shows you had seen.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2003, 02:46:20 PM »

DR Jason. My daily routine (well 5 day a week) is to visit the Post Office to collect my mail. It could be delivered. Do you have Post Office Facilities that you could use? I costs us a $1 per week to rent a Post Office Box.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2003, 02:46:50 PM »

Jason, I sent you two CDr's of Christmas music. Nothing valuable, but I would be quite cranky if I thought my mail were disappearing.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2003, 02:47:52 PM »

Hmmmm.   I am not responsible for the smiley face on West Side Story.  Ghosts?
“One thing’s universal,

Jason

« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2003, 02:50:30 PM »

DR Tom: I am considering a Post Office Box...the biggest problem is, I'm never in my neighborhood during the Post Office's business hours, so I'm not sure when I'd ever be able to check my mail. I suppose I could get a P.O. Box somewhere close to MTI or the Met...I dunno. I don't think it's too expensive, but a definite inconvenience, as the post office is 6 blocks from my apartment and they're ALWAYS closed when I go there.

Emily

« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2003, 02:51:29 PM »

If any Hainsie or Kimlet has Maya's cell phone number, could you possibly IM me it before 8:15EST tonight?  

She had sent it to me once upon a time and I immediately lost it! :)

Thanks!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jed

« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2003, 02:51:56 PM »

Hmmmm.   I am not responsible for the smiley face on West Side Story.  Ghosts?

First happened to me when I made that post, as well.  It's the "8)" that does it automatically unless you disable smilies on the post.

Emily

« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2003, 02:52:44 PM »

oh and Jason and Craig, will you be joining Andrea, Maya, LC and myself at Tuesday's dinner at Ollie's?  

Maya was taking care of the organizational stuff but it would be nice to know... ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2003, 02:54:25 PM »

Bus travel has never sounded so appealing.  ;)

I just figured it out, Jed.  You have that cute cherub face, but deep down you are really just a lecherous old man.
“One thing’s universal,

Jason

« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2003, 02:54:36 PM »

Emily: I will be there, albeit around 6:30. It turns out I have to work until 6:00, but it really only takes about 15 min. to walk from MTI to 44th, so I should be there around 6:15 or 6:20. Yay, Ollie's!!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2003, 03:00:16 PM »

I just figured it out, Jed.  You have that cute cherub face, but deep down you are really just a lecherous old man.
LOL!  Careful Jed, he's on to you! :D

Blast you, bk, for using that infernal song title for the notes.  I'm gonna be singing the damn song all day now :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up