Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A CASABA MELON  (Read 23779 times)

Cillaliz

Re:A CASABA MELON
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2007, 02:12:26 PM »

Hope it was a nice drive, BK

FJL

« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2007, 02:12:41 PM »

And one for Melomakarona

FJL

« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2007, 02:13:02 PM »

(spoo, too late  :) )

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2007, 02:13:22 PM »

Think I'll go...I have some Spanakopita in my refrigerator and I"m thinking it should be eaten

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2007, 02:16:42 PM »

We always go to the Greek festival at Sts. Constantine & Helen Orthodox Church here in Middletown - wonder when it is this summer?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2007, 02:23:42 PM »

Of course, year-round we're lucky enough to have Grecian Delight here in town.  It's a place we should go to more often.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2007, 02:25:06 PM »

It's the height of summertime outside, and it isn't even summer yet. When I went to get the mail, the still, hot air was stifling. On June 9th? Incredible!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2007, 02:27:37 PM »

I began my afternoon with another episode of THE CLOSER, (the penultimate episode). This is one of the few in this series in which I guessed the murderer's identity correctly. The episode concerned the hit on a mobster's wife and an FBI agent.

And poor Kitty ran out the front door much to Brenda's distress. After two years, she's still calling Kitty "he" even after he/she gave birth! I LOVE THIS SHOW!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 02:27:56 PM by Matt H. »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2007, 02:28:09 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2007, 02:30:14 PM »

Then, I put back MY LIFE WITH JUDY GARLAND and picked up where I left off yesterday with it. (One of the fabulous things about my upconversion player is that it automatically remembers the stopping points on discs after you've taken them out of the player and put something else in and gone back to the original disc a day or two later. It always starts right where you left off no matter how many other discs have been played in between.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2007, 02:30:36 PM »

We always go to the Greek festival at Sts. Constantine & Helen Orthodox Church here in Middletown - wonder when it is this summer?

Why is it my memory that it's always in August?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2007, 02:32:39 PM »

And so big and red too! Ooohh!

Ooohh, the post?

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 02:41:40 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »

Why is it my memory that it's always in August?

They've been moving it around recently - last year it was in the middle of July.  I'll get back to you...

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »

Last night's viewing here was "The Night Listener" - The tone of the book was still there (unsettling and slightly creepy) but why that ending? Does Hollywood still require a resolution for the audience?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2007, 02:46:39 PM »

I'm heading down now to watch SWEET MOVIE and be done with it. Then, I think I can find something a little more down my alley (but I'm trying to keep an open mind. I'm just not encouraged after watching WR.)

WBBL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2007, 03:03:37 PM »

Has any one seen The Waitress?   The movie that is..

François

« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2007, 03:23:13 PM »

Has any one seen Waitress?   The movie that is..

No! It'll be released on September 5, 2007 here.

François

« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2007, 03:27:40 PM »

It's "funny" how some people don't know what to do with their life and try to create new members for HHW.....

Poohiopea       E-Mail                                                 0      
JonnKaserto    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Siorgeni    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Garrybuilding    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    BigDOGterma    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    GeorgSapon    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    incenicfe    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Barbosser    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Promenadi    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    JikitominiK    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    stefantrufurt    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Alkeorgit    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    ferolop    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    guhforshh    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    acecheck    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    FREEVIDEOSw    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    MonicaLexi    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    noomenfrug    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Tesertire    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Prevedikkk    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Gvadelunar    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    zthasksv    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Caterina    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    joeytwotwo    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Jane-fsx    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    hooptoop    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    russianbrid2007    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    stewerfuver    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    aspnetguywins    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Clarissa    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    DoctorMedson    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    RuslanFras    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Monica03    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Hotelling    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    ceravitasew    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Oitraghom    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    glaszorxix    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    licdcifcd    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    roscandans    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Bilprihlop    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    GarettV    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Feemsdusred    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    jefflemerondny    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    Billionerr    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    zulusdrewer    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    fsoindexs    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    donhutic    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    NikkyBlakk    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    nytramadol    E-Mail                                  0     
Instant Message (Offline)    DezzyWT

François

« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2007, 03:28:15 PM »

Are we having fun yet?!

François

« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2007, 03:29:17 PM »

Last night I watched a show called The Hotel du Danube on Parade and I was even part of the cast and crew!

I know you'll be THRILLED to pieces to read that!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2007, 03:30:59 PM »

Has any one seen The Waitress?   The movie that is..

I want to see it. I liked the director, Adrienne Shelly, when she appeared in Hal Hartley's films. It's tragic what happened to her.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:02:49 PM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

François

« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »

This might be of some interest to some Kimlets and Hainsies and BK too!

I think BK will remember the place!

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2007/06/08/why-for-did-walt-disney-actually-have-disneyland-s-submarine-voyage-built.aspx

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »

Stargate SG-1 had one of the funniest throw-away lines in a long time:

A character has been given tickets to a show:
"It's 'The Virginia Dialogues' - I don't know anything about it."

Needless to say, the closing scene with the hulking character Teal'c hunkering down during the opening scene clarified the issue.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:02:40 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2007, 03:50:48 PM »

Did you forget to type spoiler?  I didn't read the details since we haven't watched the episode.

Do you watch Atlantis?  I'm about to search for info about the actor who plays Carson, our favorite character on the show.

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2007, 04:00:25 PM »

No! It'll be released on September 5, 2007 here.

It's playing here now, I'm thinking about going this week

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »

Well Ta Zorbas are about to begin playing so I'm off to the Greek Fest.  
Yia Sou!

François

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2007, 04:06:02 PM »

Does one need to book a table to see WAITRESS?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »

Did you forget to type spoiler?  I didn't read the details since we haven't watched the episode.

Do you watch Atlantis?  I'm about to search for info about the actor who plays Carson, our favorite character on the show.

I didn't consider a one-liner a spoiler.

I assume you were unhappy with last week's Atlantis episode.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2007, 04:11:51 PM »

Well Ta Zorbas are about to begin playing so I'm off to the Greek Fest.  
Yia Sou!

Ours used to happen a few blocks from my house and was advertised on a blinking marquee. Now it has moved, and without the sign, I completely forgot about it. It happened 3 weeks ago. Dang!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

François

« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »

My! Kerri Russell is just a gorgeous lady. She introduces the Adrienne Shelly Foundation on this page:

http://www.adrienneshellyfoundation.org/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up