Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A CASABA MELON  (Read 23693 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:A CASABA MELON
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2007, 11:47:15 AM »

[size=8]FIVE[/size]
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2007, 11:48:13 AM »

[size=8]FIVE[/size]
[/color][/b]

Sorry, but someone had to do it!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2007, 11:49:49 AM »

No one here, but Fred and me, but he is apparently working on his next musical.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2007, 11:57:15 AM »

Sorry, but someone had to do it!

And so big and red too! Ooohh!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2007, 12:00:04 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, the kitchen is clean, the bathroom, I'm clean, the laundry is folded, and I found out my old cell phone charger is compatible with my new cell phone... Whew!  I thought my phone was dying, but I guess it was just a short in the new charger cord.  -I really was all set to get another cell phone over the next couple of days.  I guess it does pay sometimes to be a pack-rat.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2007, 12:00:54 PM »

And, now, I must venture out for a while, before meeting up with DR elmore.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »

OH!

DUH!  It just hit me why they wanted me to play tomorrow afternoon's matinee... I guess since they'll be dealing with the Tony's a few hours after the matinee, a little wiggle-room would be nice.

I think.

Right?
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »

Of course, right!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2007, 12:17:11 PM »

DRLaura, what is your new camera & do you have a link for it?  We have been thinking about getting a new one.  

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »

For Elmore,

The Paris Follies

Love,

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2007, 01:09:57 PM »

Good Afternoon. I slept until 11:00 AM Now that's a record in years and years.   It did feel good.  For lunch I made a burger (not from Walmart) with fresh mozzarella, a slice of tomato and fresh sweet basil from my plant on top. it was wonderful.

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2007, 01:12:03 PM »

Then it was off to the Greek Festival.  I love that festival.  Since I had already eaten (I forgot it was today) I had a baklava sundae for dessert. It was heavenly.  Then I bought a few things and passed the word among the Greek community about my new venture. They were very happy and asked me to bring some of my cards by.   A large percentage of their congregation are immigrants and they were so happy I acknowledged that not all immigrants are hispanic.

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2007, 01:13:53 PM »

TOD -
I've played all sorts of games. Kings on the Corner, Go Fish, Old Maid, Gin, Cribbage, Pitch, Hearts, Spades, Poker (a number of varieties) Uno, I Doubt It, Oh Hell, 500, I'm sure there are more

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2007, 01:15:27 PM »

I'm now feeling sleepy, but how is that possible?  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »

I'm at work right now and will be for a couple more hours.  After that, I'm going to see the Seattle Storm women's basketball game...in Seattle. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2007, 01:15:54 PM »

Back to setting up the QuickBooks....

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2007, 01:17:39 PM »

Oh, tonight I think I'll go back to the Greek Fest.  I don't do well in the hot mid day sun. After 6:00PM they will have an authentic Greek band and dancing.  As well as lots of Ouzo (usually some that was ....brought here from Greece...well if you know the right people to talk to) It's really a blast.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »

OPA!

George

« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2007, 01:19:20 PM »

Yesterday was a long day.  After I left work, I went to my parents' house for dinner (meatloaf...quite good :)), but I couldn't stay for long.  We were supposed to have the load-in for "Shrew" and I got there after everything was moved to the theater.  I did help with the assembling of the set (that took a good couple of hours, then we went to the home of a couple who are in the cast and are part of the theater group.  We had a party for those who helped (their parties always include a lot of alcohol, which I don't drink...but I like to watch ;)) and I lasted until about 1:00 a.m.  I came home and went right to sleep.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2007, 01:20:16 PM »

And now, I must actually do some work. ::)

Until later...much later...probably not until I get back from the game.

Have a good day, all! ;D

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »

Hmm...

I would think that "A Casaba Melon" would be listed before "Aardvarks: The Musical".  Hmm...  Where's my MLA Stylebook?  -Would that even be covered in there?

When I went to library science graduate school, back in the pre-computer age, we had to learn card filing rules.  Accordingly, the articles (a, an, the) should be dropped, but since the NYTimes chooses not to drop them, the rule "Nothing before something" would apply.  So, Jose is correct here.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2007, 01:27:51 PM »

But before I go...Topic of the Day:

Phase 10
Rummy
Gin Rummy
Solitaire
Free Cell (computer)

And I received "Return To OZ" yesterday!  I'm listening to it right now...and am thoroughly enjoying it!  Thanks, BK!

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2007, 01:30:23 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Mmmm, a baklava sundae!  My theory about those is that they were invented by someone whose batch of baklava didn't turn out, so she/he chopped it up and poured it over ice cream.  A happy accident, indeed.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2007, 01:30:28 PM »

LA TIMES GETS VENGEFUL

In the spirit of appropriate retribution, here are 10 punishments more fitting to her multi-year crime spree against entertainment consumers:

1. Hilton will be forced to spend 45 days with her new court appointed BFF with whom she'll be wearing matching outfits and friendship bracelets: Melinda Doolittle.

2. Hilton will be banned from shopping at Whole Foods and Bristol Farms for 45 days. Instead, all food will be bought at Jon's and Food 4 Less where only generic brands may be purchased. No cupcakes!

3. For the next 45 days Hilton must wear a sack over her head when leaving the house. No photos ever. Period.

4. Instead of being locked away where the public can’t taunt her, Hilton will instead be forced to pick up trash on the side of the road, scrub toilets (a la Naomi Campbell) and/or perform doggie duty for all attendees at the Mulholland pooch park.

5. Hilton will no longer be allowed to use the first name Paris. The public will address her as Sarah, Anne or Mildred Hilton.

6. Hilton will be banished to her room where she must listen to her own self-titled album “Paris” on repeat and watch “House of Wax” on loop.

7. The only clubs Hilton will be authorized to attend are book clubs. And not Lady O's or Adrian Grenier’s. Perhaps a book club at a community rec center in, say, Tarzana?

8. For 45 days all of Hilton’s wardrobe will be furnished by Wal-Mart.

9. Hilton must undergo a victim reconciliation program where she is forced to listen to Shana Moakler describe how she’s been affected by the heiress’s crimes.

10. Judge Michael T. Sauer zaps the world with one of those forget-o-rays and nobody remembers that a Paris Hilton ever existed. The worst punishment of all.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »

Mario Batali's top 5 cities

Here is his list of top 5 cities for foodies.

1. New York
2. Portland and Seattle
3. New Orleans
4. Las Vegas
5. Philadelphia

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Mmmm, a baklava sundae!  My theory about those is that they were invented by someone whose batch of baklava didn't turn out, so she/he chopped it up and poured it over ice cream.  A happy accident, indeed.

If that's the case I hope there are a lot of baklava batches that don't turn out!   I actually like it better than just baklava

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2007, 02:05:03 PM »

The food at the festival includes:
Athenian Chicken breast,
Dolmathes - grape vine leaves stuffed with a ground beef and rice mixture
Greek Salad
Gyros
Pastitsio - the greek lasagna
Souvlaki with Pita bread - a tender shish kabob of marinated beef grilled
Spanakopita (one of my favorites) - Spinach and feta cheese pie baked in a buttery pyyllo dough

Baklava - ground nuts and spices, layered with buttered phyllo and drenched in honey syrup
Baklava Sundae - Large scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with crumbled baklava and honey glazing
Kataifi - shredded phyllo with nuts soaked in honey syrup
Koulouria - a rich butter cookie
Kourabiethes - rich almond butter cookie sprinkled with powdered sugar
Loukoumades - the Greek "honey puff" served warm and drizzled with honey and cinnamon
Melomakarona - spiced nut cookie dipped in honey
Thiples - light fried dough that's sweetened with honey

Greek Wines - including a dry white retsina, a mild rose Roditis, red and white Demestica and Mavrodaphne and more
Ouzo, Greek beer, Greek coffee and of course soft drinks
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 02:14:17 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2007, 02:08:10 PM »

Since I still have 4 dollars worth of tickets, I will be going back. I also need to see how I'm doing on the silent auctions and buy some raffle tickets.   This is one of the major fund raisers for Holy Trinity and they are a great bunch, so I don't mind leaving some money there every year.  

I bought some homemade soap that says "Holy Trinity Soap, it won't wash away your sins, but your skin will feel Heavenly"  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2007, 02:08:57 PM »

Back from some leisurely driving about in my motor car.  I shall now sit on my couch like so much fish and watch a few DVDs.

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

I also got a t-shirt (for a whopping $5) that says "Life is full of Important Choices" on the front and on the back it says "Life is Full of Important Choices - Gyro   - Souvlaki    -Moussaka    -Spinach Pie    -Baklava
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up