Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TEARING MY HAIR OUT  (Read 12027 times)

Cillaliz

Re: TEARING MY HAIR OUT
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2010, 11:27:51 AM »

Glad to hear Little Ricky is ok. He is still a kitten -- he will be playing by morning. Maybe even tonight.

I'm hoping so.  He's got so much energy, I'm not sure it would be possible to keep him quiet very long.   He weighs 8 pounds now.  Looking more like a cat all the time

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »

I'm pleased to say that Ricky's surgery went very well and the doctor reported that he is resting comfortably.   He wasn't pleased to be locked in my room last night and took quite a while to calm down.  Once he did, he cuddled up under the covers and slept for over 6 hours.   I'll pick him up at 5:00 tonight.  He'll be sleeping all day, so he'll be fine there.

I hope he doesn't wake up like Rex Reed and yell "Tits? Where are my tits?"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »

DR Edisaurus, so happy with all the good stuff happening with your film!!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »

BK, is there a market for CDs of recordings like the "It's a Wonderful Life" that you mentioned? Or would getting the rights to a special benefit performance like that be too cost-prohibitive? I know I'd like to hear it based on what you've recorded so far, even if the show is imperfect, as you said.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2010, 12:00:19 PM »

BK, is there a market for CDs of recordings like the "It's a Wonderful Life" that you mentioned? Or would getting the rights to a special benefit performance like that be too cost-prohibitive? I know I'd like to hear it based on what you've recorded so far, even if the show is imperfect, as you said.

A local theatre is doing the show this season.  They did it 10 or so years ago also.  I didn't think it sold well.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2010, 12:17:13 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Errands meet-ups accomplished. And now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »

Umm... I guess got the SMF error again for a couple of minutes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2010, 12:18:41 PM »

DR Matthew - How was MTT and the San Francisco Symphony last night?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2010, 12:26:53 PM »

A-may-zing!   Elza was fantastic.  The four songs were lovely.  It was my first introduction to Richard Stauss, and it was a good one.

We had awesome seats, Orchestra Row D on the side, very nice.  I don't get to the symphony enough.  That needs to change.

I didn't get to the gift shop, but my friend and I did consume a bottle of wine - 1/2 before the concert and 1/2 during intermission.  It was a magical evening.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2010, 12:35:59 PM »

A-may-zing!   Elza was fantastic.  The four songs were lovely.  It was my first introduction to Richard Stauss, and it was a good one.

We had awesome seats, Orchestra Row D on the side, very nice.  I don't get to the symphony enough.  That needs to change.

I didn't get to the gift shop, but my friend and I did consume a bottle of wine - 1/2 before the concert and 1/2 during intermission.  It was a magical evening.

YEAH!! And you had a great conductor and a great orchestra in a great hall to introduce you to Strauss!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2010, 12:42:18 PM »

A-may-zing!   Elza was fantastic.  The four songs were lovely.  It was my first introduction to Richard Stauss, and it was a good one.

YEAH!! And you had a great conductor and a great orchestra in a great hall to introduce you to Strauss!

While Elza and "The Four Last Songs" weren't riveting enough, the second half was Strauss' "Ein Heldenleben", which was so good that it held my attention the entire time.  We were a stone's throw away from the concertmaster who played the violin solo - who was also amazing - so full of colors and images.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »

It used to be a parlor game amongst my college music friends to follow along on any of Strauss' gigantic orchestral scores (Heldenleben being a personal favorite), not get lost (no easy task), and then quiz each other about various aspects of the score.  Yes, we were total and absolute geeks.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »

It just finished hailing in absurd quantities here.  I have about three inches of white stuff all over my house, and I'm not talking controlled substances.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2010, 12:47:16 PM »

The "Critics" section of Heldenleben has always been most amusing to me.  :)

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2010, 12:49:04 PM »

Oh, my, in today's mail I received my

Golden Buckeye Card

I guess that means the birthday coming up in a few weeks really does end in ZERO  :o
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »

Speaking of Strauss, there is an audio anomaly at 30:14 on the new Blu-ray of the Schwarzkopf DER ROSENKAVALIER.  Does anyone here own any previous releases who could check to see if it's on your copy?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »

Speaking of Strauss, there is an audio anomaly at 30:14 on the new Blu-ray of the Schwarzkopf DER ROSENKAVALIER.  Does anyone here own any previous releases who could check to see if it's on your copy?

I had the film on VHS but it went to Miami U Library several years ago.

Speaking of Miami U Library, the Fed Ex man just showed up and carted off the five cartons.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »

I just read this. :(

A message to MEDIUM fans from series creator Glenn Gordon Caron:
"It's true. Allison Dubois will dream her last dream on "Medium", Friday, January 21st. In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink."

While watching the last episode I commented it is obviously winding down the series & will end this season. 

Jane

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »

Golden Buckeye Card

I guess that means the birthday coming up in a few weeks really does end in ZERO  :o

Enjoy the discounts.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2010, 01:28:13 PM »

While walking in the cold rain this morning I almost wished I wore cuddleduds under my jeans.  I will be if it gets much colder.  I will also layer my cuddleduds.  I also have them in different sizes & wear a thin size small layered under a thicker one in a large.

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2010, 01:38:49 PM »

Golden Buckeye Card

Enjoy the discounts.

Yes, there's that...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2010, 02:17:50 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR MBarnum!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »

JohnG, while there might be a market, the quality is horrid and the cast would never agree to it even if the quality were stellar.  Someone with a machine recorded it from the audience.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

Another little hiccup with Carrie, just a time-consuming hiccup because my tape transfer guy didn't provide the files already in a pro-tools session, therefore the engineer has to take the time to get them into pro-tools.  So, I won't be going over there to hear mixes today - not till Tuesday, I'm afraid.  However, he will get stuff mixed today and tonight and he'll put those on his iDisk and I'll be able to hear them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »

The fifth singer finally called - she's been incommunicado since Tuesday and hadn't even turned on her computer.  She apologized and will be here this afternoon to pick up stuff.  And we've worked out what could have been a complicated rehearsal sched pretty easily, so that's good.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »

stopping by quick to say hello....

Today I delivered a letter to the university president with the help of lawyer concerning the abuse and denial of ada accomodations at the library. The lawyer is not happy with the university so we will see what happens
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Laura

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2010, 04:15:55 PM »

I hope you get good results, DakotaCelt.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

The Vixter

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2010, 04:23:17 PM »

And the word of the day is: IDIOGLOSSIA!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

And the dance of the day is the Masocism tango
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

Laura

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »

Hiya, Vixter!!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »

stopping by quick to say hello....

Today I delivered a letter to the university president with the help of lawyer concerning the abuse and denial of ada accomodations at the library. The lawyer is not happy with the university so we will see what happens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for something positive occurring! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up