Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WITHOUT RESERVATION  (Read 494 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: WITHOUT RESERVATION
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2024, 10:29:28 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2024, 10:29:42 AM »

I have just showered.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2024, 10:48:42 AM »

Are you sure the unpleasant smell wasn't you, DR John G.?       ;)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2024, 10:49:05 AM »

Amazing, awesome medical news from DR Ron Pulliam.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2024, 10:49:31 AM »

~~~FINAL DRESS VIBES~~~ for DR ChasSmith and Company!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2024, 11:33:13 AM »

;)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2024, 11:58:49 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - six hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2024, 12:00:05 PM »

I think Copland was very influential, certainly Philip Glass, like him or not, Mahler, yes to Rhapsody in Blue, too.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2024, 12:01:22 PM »

From George:
Yes, they were around the whole time I was at their place.

That is not a home to go to if you don't like dogs and just the type of home I like to visit :)

Jane

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2024, 12:02:22 PM »

DR Jane, I thought of you when I saw a recipe for pancakes made from popcorn flour (popped popcorn ground into flour).

:o  ;D  I must tell Keith about this.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2024, 12:03:47 PM »

Nope, that didn't appeal to him :))

Jane

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2024, 12:04:47 PM »

Somehow only moments after my last post last night it was magically this morning

Nothing like sleeping soundly.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2024, 12:05:48 PM »

Looks like they are going to make Richard Osman's first Thursday Murder Club book into a movie.

I'm not sure about the casting of Pierce Bronson. I hope I am wrong.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2024, 12:08:12 PM »

There isn't much else happening in this part of the CSRA.

Oh, yes.  The Pizza Hut in Edgefield caught fire early last evening.  Fire trucks from three towns responded.  Have read the place was fully engulfed in flames.

That's sad.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2024, 12:08:30 PM »

Because today is Thursday, you should all know what that means!

Really?  You don't?

It's "cubed steak" lunch entree at The Triangle (Don't be Square, Eat at the Triangle).

;D

Jane

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2024, 12:09:57 PM »

There are times when I really missing having a cat.  This is one of them.

[/quote]

Jane

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2024, 12:10:51 PM »

I want both the cat and the desk bed though I suspect the cat would still prefer to sit on a lap and hit the keyboard.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2024, 12:11:17 PM »

So here we are, coming up to final dress rehearsal tonight. Pray for that baby.

Vibes for the final dress rehearsal!

Ditto!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2024, 12:13:24 PM »

The week has whizzed by, but not without accomplishments.

One of my doctors sent his patients an offer to participate in a Stemwave program.

Stemwave, very informally, is a device that uses low-intensity sound waves to stimulate natural healing in various parts of the body.

The analysis appointment was the only "bargain" in the process, but it nearly didn't matter because my doctor was reluctant to use the device on my left hip (where I have had off/on pain for a couple of years) because I use Eliquis daily.  Eliquis is a blood thinner.  His concern is that the sound waves might impact blood vessels that could cause some internal hemorrhaging.  He suggested I might ask my doctor about cessation of the drug, but the therapy is either an 8-week or 12-week program and it's unlikely my doctor would want me to stop for those periods of time.

Do I have any other pains, he asked.  Well, I said, I have neuropathy in both feet, but there is no pain any more...both are just numb.  He brightened, suggested we experiment on one foot.  I suggested my right foot since that is the one I've had problems with the callous/ulceration issues (not completely healed).

I don't quite know how to say this, but the treatment revived feeling in my foot I haven't felt in more than 15 years.  It's not a cure, but it's a better move toward feeling like I have control with my feet rather than attempting a balancing act with the rest of my body.

After that analysis on Tuesday, we scheduled two appointments for this week. Yesterday, both feet were treated.  Both feet are much improved over how they felt the past week.  This is a two-month, twice-a-week treatment, but I am very encouraged that I will have functionality in both feet that I thought was gone.

It makes the 34-miles-each-way trip worthwhile.

Wow, just wow.  I am very happy for you. 

Jane

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2024, 12:15:38 PM »

And now for something completely different...

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2024, 12:30:46 PM »

This nice fellow on Facebook, who happened to be in the original company of Follies, was raving about a Netflix limited series, as if it were brand new. It sounded familiar to me but I haven't had Netflix for two years. He was bowled over by the twists and turns and thought it was one of the best. The replies agreed - the BEST. So, I looked it up online and it wasn't new, it was made in 2021. I checked the notes and sure enough I watched on the last  day of February, 2022. It was the show that got me to cancel Netflix. Here's what I wrote:

"Yesterday, I decided to watch all eight episodes of a Flix of Net Limited Series. The eight episodes run about six hours in total, which is about four hours too many, as per usual with these things. The show was entitled Clickbait, which proved to be fairly accurate as a description. Despite taking place in Oakland, it was filmed in nearby Australia with mostly Australian actors. These limited series mysteries are all from the same cookie cutter, I’m afraid, both in writing and directing. I think they all harken back to the Swedish show The Killing, at least its first season. In each episode you’re led down the garden path to suspect this or that person or thing, but since there are many episodes to come, I think you know that that’s all a bunch or communist herrings. But you go along with it, you watch, you feel stupid for watching, you wince at the predictable and horrible dialogue, you don’t really care about anyone (there IS one excellent performance by an actor around episode six or seven and you do care about him but that’s the actor, not the writing). But what do we really know about these limited series other than that they’re limited in creativity and talent? Well, here’s what we know: At least twelve times we will hear the line, “We’re done here.” We know in every episode, either in the middle or at the beginning or end, there will be some useless and pointless song. We know that if someone apologizes or feels bad they will not merely say, “I’m sorry,” they will either say, “I’m SO sorry” or “I’m SO SO sorry.” And the latest of the cliches, when someone is on the computer looking at something or texting or getting texts we will have that graphic not as a cutaway but huge on the screen for no reason whatsoever. I feel like I saw the show that began that malarkey, but I can’t remember what it was – but it’s now part of the visual landscape of these sorry shows. This one stars Zoe Kazan and one or two other American actors, none of whom really have anything to play except the same beat over and over again. We know that there will be conveniences throughout, we know logic will play no part whatsoever, and in the case of this particular limited series, the reveal in the final episode is so ridiculous, so preposterous, so insulting, as to defy credulity. And then we must continue watching as they wrap up that ridiculousness. And yet, it was quite popular on Netflix – at least Netflix says so. It wasn’t quite so popular with the critics, most of whom did what I did but not strongly enough – told it like it was, laid it on the line, and not beat around the bush. There, I’ve said it and I’m glad and I don’t care who knows it."

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2024, 12:47:56 PM »

That was interesting reading!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2024, 02:23:06 PM »

Thank you and fuck you, Supreme Court justices. It's time for several to be forced into retirement, executed, or imprisoned.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2024, 02:57:19 PM »

Pretty much.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2024, 04:49:38 PM »

In the mornings before getting up I usually check our ring camera for any unusual activity.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2024, 04:49:57 PM »

This morning it showed activity four times just minutes apart.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2024, 04:50:14 PM »

While I was curious what it could be, I never imagined it was a mother duck and her newly hatched babies walking back and forth to our front door.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2024, 04:50:31 PM »

I had completely forgotten that a while back a neighbor showed me where a duck had made an indention in the planter as if she was going to lay eggs.  I forgot to look if there were eggs, which I obviously would have seen had I looked.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2024, 04:50:46 PM »

After watching all the videos with Keith he sent me out to check and see if they were trapped in the building.  I found the neighbor had already opened the front entrance door for them, however, I needed to coral them out while she kept them from going her direction and away from the door.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2024, 04:51:03 PM »

Once outside, in the rain, the mother lead them around the back of the building and to the closest pond.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up